SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

Risico007 wrote: »
    http://ultimatejamesbond.wordpress.com/2007/12/02/max-von-sydow-drops-a-bomb-on-bond-22/

so How was Mathieu Amalric as Blofield?

Untill we see definitive proof one way or another consider me HIGHLY skeptical.

That article never got this kind of traction:
    http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond-24-report-20141113-22-blofeld-returns?t=&s=&id=03791

It's happening, and there will be a large effort to hide it as there should be like M dying in Skyfall, but its going to happen, and its going to be awesome!!!

if your wrong I will bring this quote up.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited November 2014 Posts: 3,157
    nevermind, please delete
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 2,115
    RC7 wrote: »
    BLOFEL IS BACK!!!

I've been away for the weekend and returned to several pages and several hundred comments on this thread. I got through them all and read the various links posted. As far as I can tell it is just this DM article that has suggested Blofeld will return. Am I missing others, or are we taking the Mail article as Gospel? I'm being serious. I haven't found any references elsewhere.

Technically it was the Mail on Sunday (the Daily Mail's sister publication, as I understand it, similar to the difference between The Times and The Sunday Times).

The article was *not* written by Bamigboye but two other writers. Pretty much all the articles have cited this Mail on Sunday story.

Given what happened last time (stories written saying Eve was Moneypenny, stories denied yet turned out to be true) there may be a tendency to accept it. If it had been written by Bamigboye, I'd be more inclined to believe it (because he has a track record on this sort of thing). On the other hand, it does seem to have a fair amount of detail. Caveat emptor, your mileage may vary, etc., etc.

If true, the article has some details that could be viewed as spoilers. I personally have yet to see Eon, MGM or Sony comment on it in any way.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    We need news before we go unto forum war overdrive :P ...stating obvious I know.
  • Risico007 wrote: »
    http://ultimatejamesbond.wordpress.com/2007/12/02/max-von-sydow-drops-a-bomb-on-bond-22/

so How was Mathieu Amalric as Blofield?

Untill we see definitive proof one way or another consider me HIGHLY skeptical.

That article never got this kind of traction:
    http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond-24-report-20141113-22-blofeld-returns?t=&s=&id=03791

It's happening, and there will be a large effort to hide it as there should be like M dying in Skyfall, but its going to happen, and its going to be awesome!!!

If it's true, I don't think we'll get definitive proof until October 2015 when the movie is out in the U.K., same way we didn't get definitive proof about Eve being Moneypenny until Skyfall was out.
  • RC7RC7
    The article was *not* written by Bamigboye but two other writers. Pretty much all the articles have cited this Mail on Sunday story.

Given what happened last time (stories written saying Eve was Moneypenny, stories denied yet turned out to be true) there may be a tendency to accept it. If it had been written by Bamigboye, I'd be more inclined to believe it (because he has a track record on this sort of thing).

I thought so, I was just checking I hadn't missed anything else; all the articles I've read cite The Mail on Sunday (as you mention). I guess we'll see what happens.
  • Things that may be confirmed as soon as the news conference and accompanying press release:

--Participation of Purvis & Wade as writers. Last official announcement was MGM CEO announcing John Logan had been hired to write Bond 24 and Bond 25, November 2012. This is widely believed to be true but hasn't been confirmed officially that I've seen.
    --Waltz's participation in the movie. (But not the part about playing Blofeld, even if true)
    --Bautista's participation in the movie.
    Matt_Helm wrote: »
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    doubleoego wrote: »
    I think one of the issues people have with the Bond movies' output frequency is, sure, these movies are huge undertaking but you'd think with all that time, the overall product would be better and that's not an unreasonable expectation to have.

CR and SF achieved huge box office as well as stacks of critical praise. For me they are both fantastic films - and I also think, despite flaws, QOS is very good as well.

The point is, we all have our own personal likes and dislikes. Some love CR and/or QOS or SF, others don't. Everyone has different tastes. This is the difficultly with filmmaking - or storytelling in general - you simply can't please ALL the people ALL the time.

But Eon work very hard to make popular films, whilst still trying to find new angles for their 50 year old franchise. The recent box office and critical success (beating the Brosnan era which did seem to get a bit lost in the end, hence the Craig re-boot) shows Eon are (mostly) getting it right with the Craig films in terms of appealing to a very large international audience and film critics, many of whom had written Bond off years ago.

I wonder if for you ANYTHING Eon does is less than perfection? Each and everyone of your posts is really nothing but praise, never even the slightest trace of criticism to be found, doesn't matter if production values and timing,story development,originality,whatever.
    Just asking ...

I've never said perfection, but I do have first hand experience of working with them, so that does make a difference. And I know how they operate even to this day. I do have huge respect for Eon, particularly because I've seen and experienced how some other producers or production companies behave or work. So yes, I am a supporter, but I'm also trying to convey the difficulties all producers, writers, directors etc. face when trying to make big budget films for mass appeal; it ain't easy -- and Eon's record shows they are very successful at doing this. Who can disrespect that?
    I can absolutely understand your sympathies with the folks of Eon (they are probably very likeable people,I don't have any doubt about it), but especially as a professional writer you should be able to discern between your likings and the finished product. You see I didn't become a bond fan because I'm a fanatic nitpicker, yet I find I deserve better than such a volatile written story in which absolutely nothing makes sense! For you as someone who earns his living with writing this should be a complete insult for your profession.
    Concerning respect - well, their track record of constant delays,rewrites and absence of a coherent vision of 007 (as shown in the zigzag course the rebooted Bond alone has taken in only three movies) suggests to me, that they are probably not the most able producers ever to walk the face of earth. Sorry,but that's how I feel about it.

What track record of constant delays and re-writes? (Re-writes are just part of any normal process in ALL filmmaking and TV production.) Eon are presently on schedule - so what delays are u talking about? 3 or 4 weeks from the original PP date? That's nothing in filmmaking - studio pics and even indie films (with no release dates) frequently move back for various reasons. So can you please tell all of us here when have Eon ever failed to deliver the finished film on time for the slated release date? What track record are you talking about? Or are you just shooting from the hip?

Re: your comment directed at me and my profession, well, I have made it clear I really like the Craig era, and therefore I respect what Eon are doing right now and how they are exploring the central character.

CR is tops for me. I love the script and the finished film. And I also think there is some wonderful writing and filmmaking in SF - plus great casting, acting, and very sure footed direction from Mendes. I say this as a professional writer, a director, and a producer, but it's still just my personal opinion regardless of my experience or my profession.

You are fully entitled to your opinion, although I will say that to suggest (as you do) that the producers are not the most able to ever walk this earth is purely your opinion which (correctly me if I'm wrong) is not based on any actual personal knowledge, solid evidence, or any experience of the producers and/or how they work. I however, do have that personal and professional experience, so obviously I feel I might have a better understanding of how they operate than you do. I think that is fair to say. Don't you?

Anyway, back to Bond 24.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

On another note, it just dawned on me...Bond 24 starts shooting NEXT WEEK!
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly

omg yes :-O

8-| been 2 months now since lea posted anything on her IG
    and we STILLLLLLLLLLL haven't the foggieswt idea what the bloody title is.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Bond 24. ;)
    @ColonelSun You wrote that the producers "work very hard and start work on the next Bond very quickly after the last one" but it always seems like that they waste a lot of time after the release of the latest Bond film. Like not having a complete script for Bond 24 about 18 months after the release of Skyfall!

I fail to see why they can't start filming sooner with 3 years between movies. Anyway I am glad that they started filming Skyfall 2 months earlier than usual and that they will start principal photography on Bond 24 about1 month before the usual January start date, I just wish they started even sooner so they could finish filming sooner and could devote more time to post-production resulting in less rushed movies.

Yes, according the rumors. If it really starts shooting on december 6th, it is crazy that we know nothing about the press conference yet.
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    edited November 2014 Posts: 432
    Even Comingsoon.net posted an article about the whole Blofeld thing.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/386109-christoph-waltz-reportedly-playing-ernst-stavro-blofeld-in-bond-24

In time we'll see about that.

December in one week. Very exited, indeed.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    and we STILLLLLLLLLLL haven't the foggieswt idea what the bloody title is.

6618746.gif
    when will we know if Quantum is back or not?
    when will we know if Quantum is back or not?

When the movie comes out.
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    edited November 2014 Posts: 432
    If Blofeld REALLY is in it, then that means they could fix things by making Quantum turn out to be Spectre.

I think some have mentioned that idea before.
    Shooting in Rome, according to this article:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/34833/-bond-24-to-shoot-around-rome
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited November 2014 Posts: 13,352
    If it really starts shooting on december 6th, it is crazy that we know nothing about the press conference yet.

Skyfall's press conference was announced one week before it was held, Quantum's just one day before.

http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=5804

http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=9765
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Moreover, I think here it becomes quite clear that from a quality perspective, Bond is superior to M:I.
    (...)
    One last thing, as a film I found SF miles better than M:I 4. Perhaps we "nitpicking fans" think differently, but at least out there that's the case.
    "Miles better?"
    SF: 92% on Rottentomatoes, 7,8 on IMDB
    MI:4 93% on Rottentomatoes, 7,4 on IMDB

throw around as many numbers as you want - you're never going to win an argument over personal taste - art is subjective.. and all those number reflect are people's opinions... i personally enjoyed SF better than TDKR - and i think it was a much better film - but those same numbers would say i am in the minority... but i don't care, it's my opinion....

see what i am getting at?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited November 2014 Posts: 12,459
    @ColonelSun, I (among many others, I feel sure) sincerely appreciate your input and the fact that your opinions are thoughtfully presented and based also on your experience in the industry, including working for EON. That is a unique perspective and you are valued. Not the least because of your calm and reasonable attitude. And you certainly do not have to now be the "defender" of EON, when others take them to task for perceived flaws or mistakes. Thanks for continuing to join us here.

@Matt_Helm, on the other hand, I am more than fed up with your negativity that far too often borders on real insults. You have a real problem. There is nothing wrong with having a differing opinion, even a strong dislike about something, but you cross the line too often with your rudeness, and what certainly feels like hate (even more than annoyance or anger) spilling into your posts. I usually just skip over your posts, to be honest, but your recent insult to GermanLady is despicable. With that comment you insulted many women. As was your comment to another female poster many months ago that I PMd you about. You never wrote back; no surprise. Either stop or you should be stopped. Your insults should not be tolerated, and your constant raging negativity needs to be modified to some modicum of decent rhetoric for this forum.
  • Samuel001 wrote: »
    If it really starts shooting on december 6th, it is crazy that we know nothing about the press conference yet.

Skyfall's press conference was announced one week before it was held, Quantum's just one day before.

These are the only possible dates it could be on, seeing as I don't think we'll have it during November:

Monday 1st December
    Tuesday 2nd December
    Wednesday 3rd December
    Thursday 4th December
    Friday 5th December
    Saturday 6th December (supposed filming date)
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited November 2014 Posts: 4,399
    I think one of the issues people have with the Bond movies' output frequency is, sure, these movies are huge undertaking but you'd think with all that time, the overall product would be better and that's not an unreasonable expectation to have.

CR and SF achieved huge box office as well as stacks of critical praise. For me they are both fantastic films - and I also think, despite flaws, QOS is very good as well.

The point is, we all have our own personal likes and dislikes. Some love CR and/or QOS or SF, others don't. Everyone has different tastes. This is the difficultly with filmmaking - or storytelling in general - you simply can't please ALL the people ALL the time.

But Eon work very hard to make popular films, whilst still trying to find new angles for their 50 year old franchise. The recent box office and critical success (beating the Brosnan era which did seem to get a bit lost in the end, hence the Craig re-boot) shows Eon are (mostly) getting it right with the Craig films in terms of appealing to a very large international audience and film critics, many of whom had written Bond off years ago.

I wonder if for you ANYTHING Eon does is less than perfection? Each and everyone of your posts is really nothing but praise, never even the slightest trace of criticism to be found, doesn't matter if production values and timing,story development,originality,whatever.
    Just asking ...

I've never said perfection, but I do have first hand experience of working with them, so that does make a difference. And I know how they operate even to this day. I do have huge respect for Eon, particularly because I've seen and experienced how some other producers or production companies behave or work. So yes, I am a supporter, but I'm also trying to convey the difficulties all producers, writers, directors etc. face when trying to make big budget films for mass appeal; it ain't easy -- and Eon's record shows they are very successful at doing this. Who can disrespect that?
    I can absolutely understand your sympathies with the folks of Eon (they are probably very likeable people,I don't have any doubt about it), but especially as a professional writer you should be able to discern between your likings and the finished product. You see I didn't become a bond fan because I'm a fanatic nitpicker, yet I find I deserve better than such a volatile written story in which absolutely nothing makes sense! For you as someone who earns his living with writing this should be a complete insult for your profession.
    Concerning respect - well, their track record of constant delays,rewrites and absence of a coherent vision of 007 (as shown in the zigzag course the rebooted Bond alone has taken in only three movies) suggests to me, that they are probably not the most able producers ever to walk the face of earth. Sorry,but that's how I feel about it.

i may not have as much experience in the industry as @ColonelSun does... hell, i am still trying to find my way in little ol' Cleveland, OH.... but one thing I can tell you, is that posting personal opinions of people, their work, and etc. on public forums is an easy way to get yourself blacklisted in the industry.... what if the producers hired you to do work for them - but then they see you on the internet critiquing their decision making? the next day, you might just find yourself out of a job.... personal feelings of criticism, especially between people you have or do work with - are better left in private.... posting them on the interwebs is a quick and easy way to burn bridges once they find out it's you...

besides all of that... making a film is hard work - especially one on the scale of a Bond film... look how many filmmakers try to make it and fail.. it's not easy..... but on top of that, like in the case of Bond, you're trying to appease a 50 year old (and growing) fan base... i'm sure they would love to make a perfect Bond movie that 100% of fans will love - but if you believe such a film is possible, then i got some land in Montana i would like to sell you - it's a fool's quest, and in the end you'd have a slop mess of a film... at the end of the day, as an artist and filmmaker myself, you make the film that you yourself would like to see - and when it's all said and done, you the gauge the audience and see how the majority felt.. if they like it, good, keep going that direction.. but if they don't (as was the case with DAD as QOS) you know changes will have to be made the next time out..
    Germanlady wrote: »
    @Colonel - maybe don't try to spoil the fun Helm has with his ever lasting negativity. ;) He has proved, its to no avail and I don't like to see you good will and knowledge wasted on someone, who wouldn't know, how to deal with something positive, if it bit him in the ***. I consider him a member, we have to deal with, but whom you shouldn't take serious anymore or answer to. He is what he is. A person, wo loves negativity so much, can't possibly be a happy person in real life and for that, I pity him.

I see the "hormones on rampage" tour has been prolonged.
    What you should see is,that what you call negativity I call applying and demanding at least a tiny bit of logic for my money,especially in a spy story. Obviously to you the only possible explanation for such an abnormal demanding behaviour is a dour and joyless life, to others it's the existence of intellect. ;)

What gives you any bloody right to speak to someone that way? I'm not going to say what's properly on my mind about you because I'd likely get banned. Kudos to the staff here for the amount of patience they must have keeping you on these forums.

I'm not going to say anything more about this because I don't want to take away from the Bond 24 discussion further. I'll just ask again who the hell you think you are to say something like that to someone else.
  • The PC will be very soon. I'd suspect the latter part of next week, maybe Thursday or Friday.

The last person to reveal the date was Lizo from the BBC on his Twitter feed. I don't have Twitter but maybe someone should message him and ask what he knows?

https://twitter.com/lizo_mzimba
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    The PC will be very soon. I'd suspect the latter part of next week, maybe Thursday or Friday.

The last person to reveal the date was Lizo from the BBC on his Twitter feed. I don't have Twitter but maybe someone should message him and ask what he knows?

https://twitter.com/lizo_mzimba

I'm on it!
    Germanlady wrote: »
    @Colonel - maybe don't try to spoil the fun Helm has with his ever lasting negativity. ;) He has proved, its to no avail and I don't like to see you good will and knowledge wasted on someone, who wouldn't know, how to deal with something positive, if it bit him in the ***. I consider him a member, we have to deal with, but whom you shouldn't take serious anymore or answer to. He is what he is. A person, wo loves negativity so much, can't possibly be a happy person in real life and for that, I pity him.

I see the "hormones on rampage" tour has been prolonged.
    What you should see is,that what you call negativity I call applying and demanding at least a tiny bit of logic for my money,especially in a spy story. Obviously to you the only possible explanation for such an abnormal demanding behaviour is a dour and joyless life, to others it's the existence of intellect. ;)

What gives you any bloody right to speak to someone that way? I'm not going to say what's properly on my mind about you because I'd likely get banned. Kudos to the staff here for the amount of patience they must have keeping you on these forums.

I'm not going to say anything more about this because I don't want to take away from the Bond 24 discussion further. I'll just ask again who the hell you think you are to say something like that to someone else.

You are absolutely right, flag.
  • vasilismf wrote: »
    they said on 2012 that they want 3 years for the next movie, to make it perfect, to have time for a good script and etc! What i see is that one month before the start of the shooting and the film's script gets a rewrite! They should have a good script monthes ago!! I think that we could have bond 24 in 2014 if they started writing script in the beggining of 2013! I saw that they made the script only at the begging of 2014! ;(

You need to understand that rewrites can be used to actually make the screenplay better, plot-wise, character-wise, dialogue-wise. Rewrites are frequently not the result of bad timing or delays. Some exceptions apply (QOS), but with Sam Mendes they usually serve as "extra quality checks".

Regarding a Bond film every two year: Those days are over. The productions have become bigger and bigger. Just like after "Thunderball" the days were over to have a Bond film in cinema every year.

Be patient, patience is paid with quality. You'll see.

I agree with you, but i think that they had the time to finish the script earlier but it's ok! Hunger games movies comes out every year, james bond cannot in every two years? Also i think it is mentioned that bond 25 will be out at 2017! We also must have in mind Daniel Craigs age, which does not wait for good scripts and big production times!
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 14,890
    Ludovico wrote: »
    If Blofeld is in the story, it will be to a degree personal. The guy is Bond's nemesis. Whether people here thinks it is a good idea to reintroduce him or not, the fact is that nemesis makes it personal.

Wasn't it you who always maintained that a rebirth of Blofeld would have done to be very faithfully to Fleming and now it is suddenly alright if they have a personal connection just to emphasise his nemesis character? Shame on you! The only thing that made it personal between them was that he killed Bonds wife. That alone is simply not enough to make someone a nemesis. A most hated enemy sure, but no nemesis. Actually at the beginning of OHMSS Bond is completely bored with the guy and considers him a has been and not a challenge. This personal connection thing is merrily a rape of Flemings ideas and a cheap one at that! A most hateable idea!

You are building a straw man. Read my posts again. No, actually, if you want to rebuke what I say, actually bother to read what I said. My many, many posts on the subject. Not my problem if you can't read Matt, or can't understand, or refuse to understand, I think even the post you quote is very clear: a nemesis creates de facto a personal antagonism. That is the nature of nemesis: with this particular adversary, it's personal.

As I said in my many posts which you never bothered to read, because yes, it is far more efficient to name call and spout "shame on you" than actually reading the argument, I said that Bond's antagonism with Blofeld in both novels and movies predates the murder of Tracy, which represents obviously a peak, but is not its the only trigger for their antagonism. The Joker is Batman's nemesis, even if in the comics he did not kill the Waynes. Moriarty is Holmes' nemesis, even though the only thing that triggers it is the fact that both adversaries consider the other as his equal. This is personal enough.

I won't say shame on you Matt, I know you have no shame.
  • Don't know if this has been posted already: http://www.kleinezeitung.at/k/kaernten/osttirol/landleute/4603426/OSTTIROL_Schweigen-um-James-BondFilm-in-Osttirol-beendet

This is a translation of the second half of the article:

'Now broke Mayor Mathias Scherer and the production team her silence. In a "citizen meeting" in a Obertilliacher hotel, around 100 people informed about the upcoming rotation.'

'Filmed at three locations: in the woods, on the slopes and in the specially built Bond House. "There comes a crew of around 300 people and we have 50 trucks," the film crew informed the Obertilliacher. Own transportation system and working closely with the police will make during the filming of a regular daily life of the inhabitants. Nevertheless, it is hoped the part of the film team on understanding in the population. In return there for locals own "Tours" by the rotating venues.'

'That in recent weeks, fears and concern have emerged, many believe by "B24". "It is ausschauen afterwards, as if we were never übrerhaupt been there," admits Ernst Vogl, Project Eon Productions, all clear. The film crew is trying to pay all benefits fair, also leased land. "12,000 euros per hectare is a good price," says a farmer.'

'That the cat is now out of the bag ensures even at Scherer for relief. "With this film shoot, we have a unique opportunity to make the small Obertilliach in the world known. We should not be missed us, but not at any price, "says Scherer.'

'Despite concerns the "B24" -Verantwortlichen remain optimistic that everything will go smoothly. "I hope that we all go together in the fall to Lienz and there see the new James Bond film, even if it will be the first of many," Mayor Scherer said at the end of the "Citizens Meeting".'