SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• Ben Whishaw reveals "lots of exciting" stuff expected as Q in Bond 24

• Bounine wrote: »
    the stupidity of putting Moneypenny back in the field.

That's just a 14 month old rumor. Putting Moneypenny back in the field won't happen, since it would not make any sense.

Just as if this argument has ever stopped Mendes. I think it's safe to say that if there's one thing he doesn't care at all it is logic and sense.
  • boldfinger wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    re: the Fiat, my opinion is aptly demonstrated by the gentleman below......:

for-your-eyes-only-148.png
    I don´t have anything against Craig or Bautista driving a Fiat 500, but I can already see the interview where Mendes is going to claim how he invented the brilliant idea of having Bond who is oh so used to muscular cars drive a Fiat 500 :|

You probably have a point here.
  • SHOOTING SCHEDULE AS OF 24.11.2014:

United Kingdom (shooting days: not known, but kicks of December 6th):
    --> Buckinghamshire, Pinewood Studios [location can be confirmed, kicks off shooting of Bond 24, December 6th 2015. Typical Austrian Salzkammergut-boats transported to Pinewood]
    --> London [location can be confirmed]

Mexico (shooting days: not known):
    --> Mexico-City? [location is mentioned]
    --> Mexican desert? [location is mentioned]

Italy (shooting days: 21 days, for Rome location):
    --> Rome, Via Quattro Fontane & Colosseum, Corso Vittorio Emanuele II (street), Lungo Tevere (Boulevard along Tiber river), Ponte Visto (bridge) [location can be confirmed, from 19.02 till 12.03]
    --> Vatican, Borgo Vittorio (street) [location can be confirmed]
    --> Caserta, il Palazzo Reale di Caserta [location most likely cancelled by EON]

Morocco (shooting days: 15 days, for both Casablanca & Tanger):
    --> Casablanca [location can almost be confirmed]
    --> Tanger [location can be confirmed]
    --> Marrakech, Atlas Mountains [location can be confirmed]

Austria (shooting days: 42 days, for all locations combined):
    --> Altaussee (Lake Altaus), Jagdhaus Seewiese, log cabin villa [location can be confirmed, kicks off shooting in Austria, starts 06.01.2015]
    --> Obertilliach, East-Tirol, large wooden alpine house [location can be confirmed, 25 shooting days, +25 min. screentime in film, 3 to 7 days inside Obertilliach village]
    --> Sölden, West-Tirol, Rettenbachferner Glacier [location can be confirmed, 12 shooting days]
    --> Lesachtal, Carinthia [confirmed for long stay for cast and/or crew]
    --> Sankt Lorenzen, Lesachtal, Wellnesshotel Tuffbad [confirmed for a stay for cast and/or crew]
    --> Lienz, Grand Hotel Lienz [confirmed for a stay for cast and/or crew]
    --> Lavant, Dolomiten Golf Hotel [confirmed for a stay for cast and/or crew]
    --> Dachstein, Dachstein Glacier, Styria [location cancelled completely by EON]
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I think one of the issues people have with the Bond movies' output frequency is, sure, these movies are huge undertaking but you'd think with all that time, the overall product would be better and that's not an unreasonable expectation to have.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Yes, the producers always seem surprised that they have to make another one. :))
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 908
    Ludovico wrote: »
    If Blofeld is in the story, it will be to a degree personal. The guy is Bond's nemesis. Whether people here thinks it is a good idea to reintroduce him or not, the fact is that nemesis makes it personal.

Wasn't it you who always maintained that a rebirth of Blofeld would have done to be very faithfully to Fleming and now it is suddenly alright if they have a personal connection just to emphasise his nemesis character? Shame on you! The only thing that made it personal between them was that he killed Bonds wife. That alone is simply not enough to make someone a nemesis. A most hated enemy sure, but no nemesis. Actually at the beginning of OHMSS Bond is completely bored with the guy and considers him a has been and not a challenge. This personal connection thing is merrily a rape of Flemings ideas and a cheap one at that! A most hateable idea!
    doubleoego wrote: »
    I think one of the issues people have with the Bond movies' output frequency is, sure, these movies are huge undertaking but you'd think with all that time, the overall product would be better and that's not an unreasonable expectation to have.

CR and SF achieved huge box office as well as stacks of critical praise. For me they are both fantastic films - and I also think, despite flaws, QOS is very good as well.

The point is, we all have our own personal likes and dislikes. Some love CR and/or QOS or SF, others don't. Everyone has different tastes. This is the difficultly with filmmaking - or storytelling in general - you simply can't please ALL the people ALL the time.

But Eon work very hard to make popular films, whilst still trying to find new angles for their 50 year old franchise. The recent box office and critical success (beating the Brosnan era which did seem to get a bit lost in the end, hence the Craig re-boot) shows Eon are (mostly) getting it right with the Craig films in terms of appealing to a very large international audience and film critics, many of whom had written Bond off years ago.

• With all the disappointment from your side, you guys never created a topic of any kind in which you outlayed your "perfect" Bond film. @Matt_Helm? Please elaborate a bit more. Stop sounding so negative this early stage.

For me the above sounds as big load of complaining, nitpicking....too early, too soon. And there's not even one elaborate post from your side on how you like to see Bond 24 then.

Let me do it then for you. I think for the return of Blofeld it is inevitable that there should be a personal touch, personal reasoning behind the man. And I really really don't understand what the problem with that is. One just can't introduce Blofeld in the same way as in YOLT no? Just a reveal, a pussy stroking man, touching some buttons to kill people, and that's it?? I find THAT boring. I find that an utterly ridiculous stereotype, that Austin Powers channeled very well. We, fans, basically admitted that Blofeld should not be re-introduced in THAT way. And now there's a big chance that won't be the case, and some of us are still "angry".

Now EON has the chance to re-introduce Blofeld in a completely new fashion. Then let's give the damn man some background history. Add gravita and complexity to the character. I want to know HOW and WHY Blofeld turned into a villain.

Regarding Bond? I agree. For Bond 24 this should not be the movie about him. CR and QOS were the movies about Bond, SF was the movie about complex relationships between M, Bond and Silva and finalize the "Bond trilogy", by re-introducing Q and Moneypenny. Now let Bond 24 be the vehicle dedicated to Blofeld. Some kind of "Blofeld's Origin" movie. And within that tale, Bond this time around is indeed the well developed spy that is merely doing the mission. He goes to the office with the leather panelled door. And he follows orders, not personal reasoning and instincts. And he ends up bedding the girl.

That's how I think Bond 24 will turn out. Everyone happy now?

Why should we? Do you really think posting our ideas makes any impact on the movie. Since they obviously give a rats arse on logic and story development it's safe to say they don't care about some fans ideas either.
    Also so many of your posts have lines like "haven't you read my predictions for Bond 24" or "as I wrote" as an answer to some posters fears or likings. You seem to be under the impression,that your visions should give us peace of mind and are something we should relate to. Well, let me tell you they don't. Why should they?What you call creative input/fantasising is merely copying other movies/franchises/directors/writers plots and ideas. As I understand it your latest idea is warming up the "Luke, I am your father" angle now done with an old friend. Next thing you are suggesting is that it will be revealed that Bonds father had an affair with Mrs. Oberhauser and Blofeld is Bonds half brother, probably followed by Bond jumping from a cliff,so he doesn't get to the dark side.
    These ramblings of yours should - if at all - be "published" in the " any ideas for Bond24?" thread ( or however it is called) and not spam up a thread dedicated to news on the movie!
  • ColonelSun wrote: »

CR and SF achieved huge box office as well as stacks of critical praise. For me they are both fantastic films - and I also think, despite flaws, QOS is very good as well.

The point is, we all have our own personal likes and dislikes. Some love CR and/or QOS or SF, others don't. Everyone has different tastes. This is the difficultly with filmmaking - or storytelling in general - you simply can't please ALL the people ALL the time.

But Eon work very hard to make popular films, whilst still trying to find new angles for their 50 year old franchise. The recent box office and critical success (beating the Brosnan era which did seem to get a bit lost in the end, hence the Craig re-boot) shows Eon are (mostly) getting it right with the Craig films in terms of appealing to a very large international audience and film critics, many of whom had written Bond off years ago.

I wonder if for you ANYTHING Eon does is less than perfection? Each and everyone of your posts is really nothing but praise, never even the slightest trace of criticism to be found, doesn't matter if production values and timing,story development,originality,whatever.
    Just asking ...
    Matt_Helm wrote: »
    ColonelSun wrote: »

I wonder if for you ANYTHING Eon does is less than perfection? Each and everyone of your posts is really nothing but praise, never even the slightest trace of criticism to be found, doesn't matter if production values and timing,story development,originality,whatever.
    Just asking ...

I've never said perfection, but I do have first hand experience of working with them, so that does make a difference. And I know how they operate even to this day. I do have huge respect for Eon, particularly because I've seen and experienced how some other producers or production companies behave or work. So yes, I am a supporter, but I'm also trying to convey the difficulties all producers, writers, directors etc. face when trying to make big budget films for mass appeal; it ain't easy -- and Eon's record shows they are very successful at doing this. Who can disrespect that?
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 6,601
    @Colonel - maybe don't try to spoil the fun Helm has with his ever lasting negativity. ;) He has proved, its to no avail and I don't like to see you good will and knowledge wasted on someone, who wouldn't know, how to deal with something positive, if it bit him in the ***. I consider him a member, we have to deal with, but whom you shouldn't take serious anymore or answer to. He is what he is. A person, wo loves negativity so much, can't possibly be a happy person in real life and for that, I pity him.
    To whomever decided to change the title.. again.. what was your motivation this time?

The previous title was something like: "Bond 24 Production Timeline - New Rumors About Christoph Waltz's Character"

What the hell was wrong with that? They are RUMORS, not fact. Not a photo of a script proving Blofeld is back, just some Daily Crapper article about something some guy heard. Not a spoiler. And if people don't want to read possible details about Waltz's character, THE TITLE SHOULD TELL YOU NOT TO COME TO THIS THREAD.

I'm tired of having to change the rules every single time we get a decent bit of news. If you don't want to know anything about the production of Bond 24 going in, what the hell are you doing reading the PRODUCTION timeline.

Again, if it was a script leak, I would put spoilers in the title, and when discussing it, you all damn well better use spoiler tags. THIS WILL NOT BE A SPOILER DISCUSSION THREAD.

We are going to handle unproven rumors, casting, set building, and things of the like, NOT CLEAR SPOILERS. Details like 'there will be a plane crash' are so minor, minor enough to FEATURE IN THE TRAILER, they can not be counted as legitimate spoilers. If somebody posts the full script page for the sequence, THAT is a spoiler, and you better use spoiler tags.

Again, NOT A PLACE TO FREELY POST SPOILERS, but definitely the place to discuss all news and rumor associated with the film. Use spoiler tags, and here's an example:

"Someone just tweeted a few script pages about..
    The Christoph Waltz's character dying at the end.
    What do you guys think?"

And those who don't want to see script pages don't click or discuss it, and those you don't mind do click and discuss via spoiler tags.

""What I will be leaving out from this thread altogether:
    -Images that are not promotional and/or contain spoilers
    -Videos that are not promotional and/or contain spoilers
    -Descriptions that are not promotional
    -Character deaths
    -Plot spoilers / twists

What I will classify as Potential Spoilers from here on out:
    -Locations
    -Vehicles
    -Set photos w/o spoilers
    -Set videos w/o spoilers
    -Promotional photos
    -Promotional trailers
    -Photos of cast members on location / on set

ANY POSTS THAT INCLUDE SPOILERS OR LINKS TO SPOILERS WILL BE FLAGGED IF NOT PROPERLY USING THE SPOILER FEATURE. THEY MAY BE POSTED, BUT WILL NOT BE INCLUDED IN THE TIMELINE AND SHOULD NOT INTERFERE WITH NORMAL DISCUSSION.""

We've been over this. It's on the front page of the discussion. Rumors are not facts, and thus not spoilers. Again, unless the article features proof from the promotion, in which case it becomes a spoiler. Saying they heard something doesn't classify.

If you want to go into Bond 24 dry, leave the damn site for a year. Sorry.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited November 2014 Posts: 11,139

You're right and I for one enjoy all 3 Craig films, especially CR but I do feel QoS and SF made mistakes that could and should have been avoided. QoS was the wrong time to be experimental with a looming writer's strike and SF had ample time to avoid silly mistakes in logic but all in all things have been good and I hope Bond 24 turns out to be great, avoiding glaring plot holes.

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    +1
    Jestbrook, i think, it was decided to not use any spoile tags anymore, as it makes no sense. Whats wrong with that. Like you said, there is only one chance to stay spoiler free...leaving the forum altogether. Everything regarding the film should be allowed to be posted here without tags, so there will ne no more problems and discussions. All this tag for this, but not for this etc. Is getting out of hand. Just leave the title as it is and all will know, what to expect and can start to enjoy the production process. Without all sorts of stdings attached to it.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 6,601
    edit
  • Bounine wrote: »
    the stupidity of putting Moneypenny back in the field.

That's just a 14 month old rumor. Putting Moneypenny back in the field won't happen, since it would not make any sense.

That was in a Baz Bamigboye story. The way the story was written, it made it sound like it was an idea under consideration, but (as I read it) something less than definitive at that time.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2419469/Moneypennys-license-thrill.html
  • ColonelSun wrote: »
    Matt_Helm wrote: »

Just asking ...

I've never said perfection, but I do have first hand experience of working with them, so that does make a difference. And I know how they operate even to this day. I do have huge respect for Eon, particularly because I've seen and experienced how some other producers or production companies behave or work. So yes, I am a supporter, but I'm also trying to convey the difficulties all producers, writers, directors etc. face when trying to make big budget films for mass appeal; it ain't easy -- and Eon's record shows they are very successful at doing this. Who can disrespect that?
    I can absolutely understand your sympathies with the folks of Eon (they are probably very likeable people,I don't have any doubt about it), but especially as a professional writer you should be able to discern between your likings and the finished product. You see I didn't become a bond fan because I'm a fanatic nitpicker, yet I find I deserve better than such a volatile written story in which absolutely nothing makes sense! For you as someone who earns his living with writing this should be a complete insult for your profession.
    Concerning respect - well, their track record of constant delays,rewrites and absence of a coherent vision of 007 (as shown in the zigzag course the rebooted Bond alone has taken in only three movies) suggests to me, that they are probably not the most able producers ever to walk the face of earth. Sorry,but that's how I feel about it.

• Germanlady wrote: »
    @Colonel - maybe don't try to spoil the fun Helm has with his ever lasting negativity. ;) He has proved, its to no avail and I don't like to see you good will and knowledge wasted on someone, who wouldn't know, how to deal with something positive, if it bit him in the ***. I consider him a member, we have to deal with, but whom you shouldn't take serious anymore or answer to. He is what he is. A person, wo loves negativity so much, can't possibly be a happy person in real life and for that, I pity him.

I see the "hormones on rampage" tour has been prolonged.
    What you should see is,that what you call negativity I call applying and demanding at least a tiny bit of logic for my money,especially in a spy story. Obviously to you the only possible explanation for such an abnormal demanding behaviour is a dour and joyless life, to others it's the existence of intellect. ;)

If you call your behaviour the result if intellect, you maybe should respect that trait in others as well and not annoy the hell out of everybody in repeating yourself over and over. Its all you ever say, like a broken record. Nobody is against your opinion as such, just against fhe constant repetition.

My last word on this.
  • Germanlady wrote: »
    My last word on this.

So be it!!!
  • Can we move on to discussing the news here openly and freely without spoiler tags! Come on guys, BLOFEL IS BACK!!! That is a huge deal and I want to know what people think about it. I for one am super excited because I've been waiting for this day since the series was re-booted. I think it makes perfect sense to re-introduce Blofeld right now at this point in the re-boot era because of how Skyfall left us off on a traditional foot. And as far as the casting, I think Waltz will be a perfect Blofeld. I wonder if Ejiofor was up for Blofeld? What do people think about that? And will Waltz be coming back for Bond 25? I sure hope he does! This is such an exciting time to be a Bond fan!!! :D
    If Blofeld comes back, i think Mendes did also Bond 25
  • RC7RC7
    edited November 2014 Posts: 10,512
    BLOFEL IS BACK!!!

I've been away for the weekend and returned to several pages and several hundred comments on this thread. I got through them all and read the various links posted. As far as I can tell it is just this DM article that has suggested Blofeld will return. Am I missing others, or are we taking the Mail article as Gospel? I'm being serious. I haven't found any references elsewhere.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 1,595
    I would personally really like to see the Bond films get back to a 2 year release schedule. This 3/4 year nonsense is killing me.
    http://ultimatejamesbond.wordpress.com/2007/12/02/max-von-sydow-drops-a-bomb-on-bond-22/

so How was Mathieu Amalric as Blofield?

Untill we see definitive proof one way or another consider me HIGHLY skeptical.
  • Risico007 wrote: »
    http://ultimatejamesbond.wordpress.com/2007/12/02/max-von-sydow-drops-a-bomb-on-bond-22/

so How was Mathieu Amalric as Blofield?

That article never got this kind of traction:
    http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond-24-report-20141113-22-blofeld-returns?t=&s=&id=03791

It's happening, and there will be a large effort to hide it as there should be like M dying in Skyfall, but its going to happen, and its going to be awesome!!!
  • RC7RC7
    edited November 2014 Posts: 10,512
    Risico007 wrote: »

As you suggest, the Blofeld rumour is a perennial beast, discussed even when EON hadn't secured the rights. The fact they now have has merely added fuel to the fire. Who knows what they have planned, but I'm with you in remaining sceptical until we have confirmation. The trouble on here is that there are a few members involved in a dick measuring contest regards rumours; who was right, who was wrong, who 'said all along'. It's sometime difficult to have a measured discussion when members deem it their job to define which rumours should be considered fact.

• RC7 wrote: »
    BLOFEL IS BACK!!!

I've been away for the weekend and returned to several pages and several hundred comments on this thread. I got through them all and read the various links posted. As far as I can tell it is just this DM article that has suggested Blofeld will return. Am I missing others, or are we taking the Mail article as Gospel? I'm being serious. I haven't found any references elsewhere.

Well, if you say this, then the only real confirmation came froom Sony, regarding the confirmation of Lea Séydoux being cast. And then we should even take all leaked "gossips" about Waltz and Bautista being cast, with a grain of salt.