SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Murdock wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    Wasn't it proven like last year that Jesper Christenson's quote was taken out of proportions and said he liked the films he worked on?
    Even so, it's highly unlikely he'll return. We already have Blofeld returning (presumably), so this most likely means S.P.E.C.T.R.E.'s return. But we'll know very soon what the long awaited answer will be.

That's an assumption not proof. I'll wait until it comes out of Barbara's and Michael's mouth that Blofeld and SPECTRE are returning. As for Jesper, roles can be recast. Look at Felix and all his recastings.
    But that's what I'm saying. I never said there was proof about Blofeld or SPECTRE's return.
    @Risico007 The organization in CR never had a name (the people behind the Bond films came up with "Quantum" only when they were making QOS) and if they ignore QOS they can simply pretend that the organization Le Chiffre owed money to is SPECTRE.
  • As much as people may not have liked Quantum, that film did happen and I don't think its appropriate for them to completely forget about it. Mr. White and Quantum should return to connect the events that killed Vesper back to Blofeld. From there, I don't care if they want to move forward with Quantum or transform that into SPECTRE, but as long as that do it inside of a good story and the actors do their stuff, I'm sure Bond 24 will be even better than Skyfall!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Yes indeed. One cannot be banned for a few days. This is not kindergarten or elementary school, although certain poster's attitudes do reflect that at times.

Either follow the rules and etiquette and good spirit necessary to be a member here or leave (alternatively, be banned).
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    M dies.
    @Risico007 The organization in CR never had a name (the people behind the Bond films came up with "Quantum" only when they were making QOS) and if they ignore QOS they can simply pretend that the organization Le Chiffre owed money to is SPECTRE.

But you didn't answer my second paragrapgh sure they can do that But again if Your John Logan or Sam Mendes or one of the people you claim love creative freedom which is more Creativly freeing an orgnization with clear distinct roles and a clear head that is iconic and everyone knows so no matter what you do your trapped to that or an orgnization that has no history and can be used in any way the director and producers see fit. If I was Mendes and I wanted to d my kind of bond films I would either do no orgnization or if I had to use one I would use one I can do anything I want with. Quantum gives that kind of freedom Spectre doesn't.

Lea Sedoux can't be the head of Spectre and if she was presented as such would make fans angry and scream violently....she can on the other hand be the head of Quantum and no one would bat an eye sure some might say she is far to young to be the head of a c riminal orgnization that has been on the scene for a while at least a few years before Bond became 007. but Mendes and company can do that. they could really give bond the ultimate temptation story citing if he joins Quantum he can have a wife kids a perfect life they can't really do that with spectre. The can make Quantum already control the world and force bond in a unque spot how do you stop something if it's already ahppened..

you can't do these kinds of stories with Spectre without people seriously being upset.

Like i said it's either a Draw this specific picture or draw whatever you want. if Mendes is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO admant over creative freedoms my money is on Quantum returning long before spectre shows up.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 4,619
    @Risico007 1. They can do whatever they want with SPECTRE. 2. Lea Sedoux is 29. She won't play the head of any organization.
    M dies.

A comment from 2011?
    edited November 2014 Posts: 10,588
    M dies.

A comment from 2011?
    I hope so. ;)
  • Murdock wrote: »
    Wasn't it proven like last year that Jesper Christenson's quote was taken out of proportions and said he liked the films he worked on?

When the exact quote is "Today I admit that I regard [CR and QOS] as really sh*t. All the people die in them, so two movies are enough for me" there isn't much to take out of proportion. :))

But I'm sure they can smooth things over (people tend to be more flexible, more humble, more apologetic, more what-have-you when dolla' bills are involved) and it'd be great to get some closure with White.

Whether SPECTRE or Quantum or neither one of them, I'm not banking on anything at this point. Maybe the press conference will tell us everything and maybe it won't. It's all speculation until concrete details are revealed.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

When the exact quote is "Today I admit that I regard [CR and QOS] as really sh*t. All the people die in them, so two movies are enough for me" there isn't much to take out of proportion. :))

But I'm sure they can smooth things over (people tend to be more flexible, more humble, more apologetic, more what-have-you when dolla' bills are involved) and it'd be great to get some closure with White.

Whether SPECTRE or Quantum or neither one of them, I'm not banking on anything at this point. Maybe the press conference will tell us everything and maybe it won't. It's all speculation until concrete details are revealed.

But he came back after that quote came out and said that his quote was taken out of proportion.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 2,015
    M dies.

In Sam Mendes movies, someone close to the hero usually dies :)
    Honestly, the same can be said about SPECTRE.

Let's see how the online momentum evolves in the next weeks...

287281esb.jpg
  • Murdock wrote: »

But he came back after that quote came out and said that his quote was taken out of proportion.

Oh I didn't realize that. I guess that at least would mean Christensen is probably open to the idea of doing more whenever the producers want to follow up on Quantum.
  • chrisisall wrote: »
    Matt_Helm wrote: »
    when those thinking and knowing give in those that don't prevail. This M.O. already brought us the dark ages.
    What does that even mean?
    Oh, I get it; section 26, paragraph 5.

:) :) :)
    @Risico007 1. They can do whatever they want with SPECTRE. 2. Lea Sedoux is 29. She won't play the head of any organization.
    M dies.

A comment from 2011?

SO if for argument sake instead of blofield Mendes wants a Beautiful woman age 45 to play Maria Freudestien the head of Spectre you would be totally ok with that right? or if Spectre's main plot involve their financial gain through theft of rare artifascts and priceless treasures you would totally be on board?

Something tells me you wouldn't and would be quite upset of Mendes did those things however replace Spectre with Quantum and suddenly you would be fine. heck with the amount of goldeneye fans why not bring back Janus.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 908
    HASEROT wrote: »
    When someone is on the record for watching Bond films because of Craig (not caring for those made before and probably after )and still dares criticising other peoples reasoning and arguments as product of being all negative and living a joyless life,well, I know where he or she is coming from.
    And she or you can love SF as much as you want,but whoever is denying,that it lacks any kind of logical development and is a prime example of volatile writing, is a lier or has no business whatsoever watching spy movies ( save Austin Powers that is). Also, if someone must be able to take it it is German lady. She and a guy called Jet Set Willy where the reason why I joined this forum over a year ago, because they were viciously throwing their weight into anyone who dared to say,that Skyfall might not be completely perfect.

A) so you joined a forum, just to piss on someone's parade?... why bother joining at all - or even staying?

B) you just sound like someone who loves to be pissed off, and will do anything you can to make others just as miserable.

A) when those thinking and knowing give in those that don't prevail. This M.O. already brought us the dark ages.

B) Yes, I'm bad! Really,really bad. They should make me the villain in a Bond movie.

You are such a pity. Do you actually realize.....that you kill of fun, joy and happiness? And that without any positivity and fun, all your arguments have zero impact on people? And if that doesn't bother you, if you lack empathy and don't care about other people's feeling, you turn into a "troll"? Please.....be nice. Or I ask a moderator to look into your "case".

So this thread is only for those overjoyed with the recent hints and developments?
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    i think we all missing the point here......

58d38fcd1fd4173b0028a11d06beb247_zps508d2930.jpg
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Sorry this is unrelated but OH GOD WHY DID YOU CHOOSE THAT AVATAR

do you like it?? lol.... i may change it soon... i originally wanted Dr. Doak, but couldn't find a good enough shot of him - then i saw this beauty lol.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 4,619
    Risico007 wrote: »
    M dies.

A comment from 2011?

SO if for argument sake instead of blofield Mendes wants a Beautiful woman age 45 to play Maria Freudestien the head of Spectre you would be totally ok with that right? or if Spectre's main plot involve their financial gain through theft of rare artifascts and priceless treasures you would totally be on board?

Something tells me you wouldn't and would be quite upset of Mendes did those things however replace Spectre with Quantum and suddenly you would be fine. heck with the amount of goldeneye fans why not bring back Janus.

I actually would prefer a female as the head of SPECTRE! It is astonishing that there have been 23 official Bond films so far and NONE of them had a female as the main villain (Elektra King does not count).

I am not one of those fans who get upset about changing elements of the franchise. In fact, if I ever directed a Bond film it would represent the most radical departure from the Bond formula yet. I love it when they change things!

A woman as the head of Spectre? Great!
    A movie set in one country and no globetrotting? I am all for it!
    A Bond girl who happens to be a diverced woman (or a widow) with children? I would love it!
    A Bond movie without any villains (but not without threats and excitement)? It would be really fresh!
    etc. etc. Change is great!
  • Risico007 wrote: »
    M dies.

A comment from 2011?

I actually would prefer a female as the head of SPECTRE! It is astonishing that there have been 23 official Bond films so far and NONE of them had a female as the main villain (Elektra King does not count).

I am not one of those fans who get upset about changing elements of the franchise. In fact, if I ever directed a Bond film it would represent the most radical departure from the Bond formula yet. I love it when they change things!

A woman as the head of Spectre? Great!
    A movie set in one country and no globetrotting? I am all for it!
    A Bond girl who happens to be a diverced woman (or a widow) with children? I would love it!
    A Bond movie without any villains (but not without threats and excitement)? It would be really fresh!
    etc. etc. Change is great!

I'm in favor of a female main villain as much as the next feller (would be a real breath of fresh air), but most would agree that we've had two already in Rosa Klebb and Elektra King, a behind-the-scenes Blofeld and red herring-cum-henchman Renard notwithstanding.
    I am willing to bet out of the three - Blofeld, Spectre, & Quantum are not returning at all. If only one were to return it would most likely be Quantum.

This Blofeld nonsense is blown way out of proportion.

All we know about Waltz is that he is probably cast, we dont know what part.

They already said this is going to be a standalone film.

And another thing, after the Skyfall success, there going to play it safe and deliver a good film. Not some corny "Blofeld is back" nonsense.
    I knew they would use Blofeld as soon as they got the rights back

But this leaves us with a question..who will be the villain of the movie ?
    Sure we have Blofeld but Blofeld always had help, Largo,Klebb,Grant etc. Batista won't be the main villain....so who will be the main baddie ? I hope they cast someone good..

This might turn out to be either the best Bond movie ever or the worst movie ever.. (well top3 probably).. I have to admit that I am very scared about the next one

I really really hope they know what are they doing..all those script rewrites make me scared....did SF and CR had a lot of rewrites ?

• http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=111515

In this article, hearing that scenes may be filmed at the Royal Palace of Caserta. I believe this maybe a party scene that leads into a car chase through Rome, maybe with Lea Seydoux in the Fiat 500 and Bond in pursuit or Bond in the Fiat 500 with Lea being pursued by Bautista.
    AdaShelby wrote: »
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=111515

In this article, hearing that scenes may be filmed at the Royal Palace of Caserta. I believe this maybe a party scene that leads into a car chase through Rome, maybe with Lea Seydoux in the Fiat 500 and Bond in pursuit or Bond in the Fiat 500 with Lea being pursued by Bautista.

CR didnt.

SF had the extra development time so its hard to say.

The rewrites i agree are a concern.
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    AdaShelby wrote: »
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=111515

CR didnt.

SF had the extra development time so its hard to say.

The rewrites i agree are a concern.

rewrites happen all the time... very rarely is the 1st draft of script turned in and universally agreed upon... I'm glad Mendes wasn't wearing blinders - what Logan turned in to him he wasn't happy with, so went back to Purvis and Wade to have them clean his work up - then he brought in Butterworth to punch things up a bit, as he did with SF... at the end of the day, as long as a script is solidified by the time they start filming - your usually fine.... if they start going through last minute rewrites like they did with TWINE and DAD - then be concerned.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Can someone please ban people from saying Quantum or Spectre is coming back?

And Blofeld.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm

And Blofeld.

Free speech is a bit*h... :-??
    edited November 2014 Posts: 16,336
    chrisisall wrote: »

And Blofeld.

Free speech is a bit*h... :-??

I can't speak for everyone but I'm sick and tired of hearing about Blofeld, SPECTRE and Quantum. Why can't everyone wait until the press conference?
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    What can't everyone wait until the press conference?
    I can.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    What can't everyone wait until the press conference?
    I can.

I will.