SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• Murdock wrote: »
    You don't get the idea behind my message. I'm afraid that if Blofeld is "rebooted" then EON might consider remaking the original films. And you fail to fully understand that Ben Wishaw's Q isn't a rebooted vesion Desmond Llewelyn's Q. Making him an entirely new character promoted to Q. Like John Cleese. 8-|

Why would they want to remake the original films if Blofeld is rebooted? As for the new Q: he is the perfect example of a rebooted character. He is not an entirely new character just like Caig's James Bond isn't an entirely new character either just because he has blond hair now.

The difference is Craig is playing James Bond, a singular character. Wishaw on the other side is playing someone with a job called quartermaster (Q),which could be done by anyone with the right qualifications. On the other hand only James Bond can be James Bond.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited November 2014 Posts: 4,476
    4py4cn.jpg

QOS is refreshing and include CR/Skyfall has QOS elements that take time to ''accepted'' by me. The lie to disconnect the Brosnan movie and Daniel Craig, let M die not be for nothing.

Q+%2526+James+Bond.jpg

Quantum have people everywhere, no real boss.
    Matt_Helm wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »
    You don't get the idea behind my message. I'm afraid that if Blofeld is "rebooted" then EON might consider remaking the original films. And you fail to fully understand that Ben Wishaw's Q isn't a rebooted vesion Desmond Llewelyn's Q. Making him an entirely new character promoted to Q. Like John Cleese. 8-|

Why would they want to remake the original films if Blofeld is rebooted? As for the new Q: he is the perfect example of a rebooted character. He is not an entirely new character just like Caig's James Bond isn't an entirely new character either just because he has blond hair now.

The difference is Craig is playing James Bond, a singular character. Wishaw on the other side is playing someone with a job called quartermaster (Q),which could be done by anyone with the right qualifications. On the other hand only James Bond can be James Bond.

Finally! Something that makes sense!
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    So no one else caught up on that before? He even says "I'm your new Quartermaster". Which already means he is replacing the old one

The new M is obviously not the same as the M played by Judi Dench but it's still very much a reboot of the old M just like the M played by Judi Dench in GoldenEye was a reboot of the old M. It's the same with Q: the Q played by John Cleese was not a reboot but the Q played by Whishaw very much is.

But let's forget Q and M for a second: Bringing Blofeld back would be a reboot the same way the new Moneypenny was a reboot in Skyfall. I fail to see why you equate the appearance of Blofeld in Bond 24 with the movie being a remake.
  • Matt_Helm wrote: »

The new M is obviously not the same as the M played by Judi Dench but it's still very much a reboot of the old M just like the M played by Judi Dench in GoldenEye was a reboot of the old M. It's the same with Q: the Q played by John Cleese was not a reboot but the Q played by Whishaw very much is.

But let's forget Q and M for a second: Bringing Blofeld back would be a reboot the same way the new Moneypenny was a reboot in Skyfall. I fail to see why you equate the appearance of Blofeld in Bond 24 with the movie being a remake.

Let Me try it this way.Does anything in Whishaw looks,demeanour and behaviour spells Major Boothroyd to you?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    He did ask for the equipment to be returned, that's something
    Boothroyd would say. ;)
    No and that's why its a rebooted character.
    Ludovico wrote: »

I was about to write exactly the same sentence.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender

Let Me try it this way.Does anything in Whishaw looks,demeanour and behaviour spells Major Boothroyd to you?

Q has been revamped for the modern era, and the guardians of technology are the younger ones, only makes sense, I cant see an old man playing Q anymore. Bond doesn't need gadgets anymore, he needs devices that will run sophisticated software.
  • Ludovico wrote: »

No,that is why he is just a new character doing the job of the quartermaster. A reboot would be a new guy named Boothroyd. Same with Fiennes,of course.
  • Matt_Helm wrote: »

Q has been revamped for the modern era, and the guardians of technology are the younger ones, only makes sense, I cant see an old man playing Q anymore. Bond doesn't need gadgets anymore, he needs devices that will run sophisticated software.

Yes,exactly! That's why they need a young software Wizzard and not some tinkering guy from the army.
  • Birdleson wrote: »
    Only read if you're not sick of talking about Blofeld.
    I don't like what I am putting together as potential plot points. If the Waltz character is the son of Bond's father figure, and that character is also Blofeld, that means a lot of my problems with SKYFALL and other recent Bonds are going to be repeated. Here we are getting embellishing Bond's past again, I'm not a fan of that. Again "it's personal", like at least 4 of the past six entries in the series…this MI6 is like Geoff Johns' Green Lantern Corp, they seem to exist to simply to clean up their own messes. Real sick of that.

And now, if these leaks prove to be true, it looks as though we're being set to get this retrofitted "brother" dynamic between Bond and Blofeld. Don't like that. I really hope I'm reading this whole scenario incorrectly, but that's where it looks like it's heading.

What's described above sounds like:
    What the rebooted Hawaii Five-0 television series did with Wo Fat. In the new show, it was revealed that McGarrett's spy mother tried to kill Wo Fat's father, killed Wo Fat's mother instead. McGarrett Mom initially tried to raise baby Wo but forced to give him up by the CIA. So when Wo Fat is grown up, he has a personal vendetta against both Mrs. McG and McGarrett.

In the original show, Wo Fat was a mastermind villain and McGarrett's arch-enemy. The new show decided to make it personal.

Ludovico wrote: »

No,that is why he is just a new character doing the job of the quartermaster. A reboot would be a new guy named Boothroyd. Same with Fiennes,of course.

We don't know his name, but that's beside the point: they wanted Q back, a provider of high tech, they have Q back, rebooted, very different from Llewellyn, but he still has the same functions in the story.

Also their are also plenty of criminal organisations out there so why does Quantum have to turn in to Spectre? Does this then mean Spectre then turns into Janus?!!! Come on lets get a grip!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Also their are also plenty of criminal organisations out there so why does Quantum have to turn in to Spectre?

SPECTRE can easily appear without Quantum being mentioned at all. It's not like the only two choices are no Spectre at all or Quantum turning into Spectre.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    A spectrum of evil organisations. ;)
    Also their are also plenty of criminal organisations out there so why does Quantum have to turn in to Spectre?

SPECTRE can easily appear without Quantum being mentioned at all. It's not like the only two choices are no Spectre at all or Quantum turning into Spectre.

Put it this way, All I hear is Mendes won't touch Quantum? Well why would he touch Spectre?
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 11,119
    I'm listening Adèle's "Skyfall" now on my headphones while doing some admin. work. And right now I am thinking: "***, since 2006 our beloved Bond franchise has become a benchmark to be scared off!". Bond was big, Bond is now truly the biggest! It pisses on all other spy-parades with suave charm :-)! And this will continue with Bond 24. It'll destroy the "Mission: Impossibles", "Jason Bournes" and "Napoleon Solo's" next year. Mark my words ;-).

Now I finish my work and I'll return on the forum tonight.

Mod edit: please don't use F-bombs.
    Put it this way, All I hear is Mendes won't touch Quantum? Well why would he touch Spectre?

If he touched Quantum, he would have to continue the storyline introduced in a movie not made by him. If he touched SPECTRE, it would be a reboot and he would not need to build on a mediocre movie (QOS).
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 12,506
    I'm listening Adèle's "Skyfall" now on my headphones while doing some admin. work. And right now I am thinking: "***, since 2006 our beloved Bond franchise has become a benchmark to be scared off!". Bond was big, Bond is now truly the biggest! It pisses on all other spy-parades with suave charm :-)! And this will continue with Bond 24. It'll destroy the "Mission: Impossibles", "Jason Bournes" and "Napoleon Solo's" next year. Mark my words ;-).

Seconded but be careful with the language.
  • RogueAgent wrote: »
    I'm listening Adèle's "Skyfall" now on my headphones while doing some admin. work. And right now I am thinking: "Fuck sake, since 2006 our beloved Bond franchise has become a benchmark to be scared off!". Bond was big, Bond is now truly the biggest! It pisses on all other spy-parades with suave charm :-)! And this will continue with Bond 24. It'll destroy the "Mission: Impossibles", "Jason Bournes" and "Napoleon Solo's" next year. Mark my words ;-).

Seconded but be careful with the language.

Sorry m8 ;-). Had to do it for this time hehe.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---

it's an "opening of pandora's box" thing.... they decide to bring back Blofeld, and it works - then what is stopping them from rebooting Mr. Big from LALD, but making him more like the novel?... or rebooting Dr. No?..... it seems ludicrous to think that they would do such a thing now right? - but so did rebooting the whole James Bond timeline back in 2005 when it was announced that that was what they were doing for CR..... i think that is what @Murdock is trying to say... he's not saying that they will do it, but that it's further opening a gateway to even more possible rebooted villains, or even the sacrilegious land of remakes..

If he touched Quantum, he would have to continue the storyline introduced in a movie not made by him. If he touched SPECTRE, it would be a reboot and he would not need to build on a mediocre movie (QOS).

Well, as little as we know about Quantum, that wouldn't tie him down much, beside he can build on CR, but yes, I see your point. SPECTRE would not tie him down and as a reboot, he could keep pretty much anything he fancies from the former continuity.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 11,119
    HASEROT wrote: »

it's an "opening of pandora's box" thing.... they decide to bring back Blofeld, and it works - then what is stopping them from rebooting Mr. Big from LALD, but making him more like the novel?... or rebooting Dr. No?..... it seems ludicrous to think that they would do such a thing now right? - but so did rebooting the whole James Bond timeline back in 2005 when it was announced that that was what they were doing for CR..... i think that is what @Murdock is trying to say... he's not saying that they will do it, but that it's further opening a gateway to even more possible rebooted villains, or even the sacrilegious land of remakes..

Have you guys at times took into account "new" or "young" Bond fans? I mean, let's face it, the Bond fan base is also changing. And if, for this particular post I can be as black-and-white as @Matt_Helm, CR cashes $0.599 Million worldwide and then later SF cashes $1.180 Million worldwide, then there has to be a possibility that new, complete green, young, fans have been reached no?

Just think of it. At least for Millions of people CR or SF was their first Bond experience. They were thrilled perhaps. For them, the "re-booted".....
    --> agent 007, James Bond,
    --> Le Chiffre (if you take into account the '67 movie)
    --> Vesper Lyndt
    --> René Mathis
    --> Aston Martin DB5 (hell, this time Bond won it, and didn't came from Q-Branch)
    --> "SPECTRE" (Quantum is that a bit no?)
    --> Q (gay, nerdy, young!)
    --> M 1 (Strictly spoken, because there's a new timeline, Judi Dench was rebooted too)
    --> M 2 (Ralph Fiennes)
    --> Moneypenny......
    ...must have had an incredible impact. Because these re-boots worked. And it's not just a re-boot. It's also a carefully executed process of "re-inventing", in a nuanced and creative way. It gave us, so far, Bond films that IMO are at least two times better than the formularic, unpersonal, soul-less Brosnan films (Not to mention the rather "save" Eighties, if you exclude LTK).

And although I agree that thoughtless re-boots a la "Khannnn!!" should be out of the question, the wonderful re-inventions we have witnessed so far with CR, QOS and SF.....from those I truly can't get enough!.

I'm also against completely re-making past Bond films, but that's not the case right now. The blending, re-inventing we have witnessed so far created wonderful stuff. And those new, young, "green" Bond fans perhaps love it...
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 252
    News from Austria

Video:
    http://tvthek.orf.at/program/heute-oesterreich/4660163/heute-oesterreich/8835889/James-Bond-dreht-in-Tirol/8835919

Sölden confirmed, 20 skidoos (for camera perspective and equipment transport ) on the Way to Sölden and Obertilliach
    Bernie99 wrote: »
    News from Austria

Video:
    http://tvthek.orf.at/program/heute-oesterreich/4660163/heute-oesterreich/8835889/James-Bond-dreht-in-Tirol/8835919

Sölden confirmed, 20 skidoos (for camera perspective and equipment transport ) on the Way to Sölden and Obertilliach

Yeah, it seems like the skidoos won't appear in the movie.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender

Have you guys at times took into account "new" or "young" Bond fans? I mean, let's face it, the Bond fan base is also changing. And if, for this particular post I can be as black-and-white as @Matt_Helm, CR cashes €0.599 Million worldwide and then later SF cashes €1.180 Million worldwide, then there has to be a possibility that new, complete green, young, fans have been reached no?

Just think of it. At least for Millions of people CR or SF was their first Bond experience. They were thrilled perhaps. For them, the "re-booted".....
    --> Vesper Lyndt
    --> René Mathis
    --> Aston Martin DB5 (hell, this time Bond won it, and didn't came from Q-Branch)
    --> M 1 (Strictly spoken, because there's a new timeline, Judi Dench was rebooted too)
    --> M 2 (Ralph Fiennes)
    --> Moneypenny......
    ...must have had an incredible impact. Because these re-boots worked. And it's not just a re-boot. It's also a carefully executed process of "re-inventing", in a nuanced and creative way. It gave us, so far, Bond films that IMO are at least two times better than the formularic, unpersonal, soul-less Brosnan films (Not to mention the rather "save" Eighties, if you exclude LTK).

And although I agree that thoughtless re-boots a la "Khannnn!!" should be out of the question, the wonderful re-inventions we have witnessed so far with CR, QOS and SF.....from those I truly can't get enough!.

I'm also against completely re-making past Bond films, but that's not the case right now. The blending, re-inventing we have witnessed so far created wonderful stuff. And those new, young, "green" Bond fans perhaps love it...

As someone who grew up with Daniel Craig, as my first theatrical experience was Casino Royale, I agree.

• RC7RC7

This pretty much sums up how I feel. My worry is the prospective long-term, gradual degradation of the Bond legacy for what is in essence a cheap thrill. While I think Mendes is a decent film maker, B&M waiting for him will have increased his ego ten-fold and I'm unsure whether a director who was "persuaded to return after hearing the first Skyfall audience's roar of happiness - the "orgy of nostalgia", as he puts it - when the Aston Martin DB5 was revealed", should be touching Blofeld. Mendes and his team can work wonders with B24, I've no doubt, as long as this hankering/reliance on 'nostalgia' is kicked to the sidelines.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---

Have you guys at times took into account "new" or "young" Bond fans? I mean, let's face it, the Bond fan base is also changing. And if, for this particular post I can be as black-and-white as @Matt_Helm, CR cashes €0.599 Million worldwide and then later SF cashes €1.180 Million worldwide, then there has to be a possibility that new, complete green, young, fans have been reached no?

--> Vesper Lyndt
    --> René Mathis
    --> M 2 (Ralph Fiennes)
    --> Moneypenny......

first off - i am only 30, i am not that old and detached from the "younger audience demographic"...... when i first saw a Bond movie that i sat through and enjoyed, it was Goldeneye, i was 12 years old... then came the TND... I became a fan, and as many other did, I decided to go back and watch all the old films - which i eventually bought (countless copies of)..... now, lets remove Blofeld out of this discussion, because it's a forgone conclusion that he will be rebooted eventually - so give him a big hug.. there he goes.. wave bye bye.... and...... he's gone........ what i am talking about is other villains that aren't bald and don't stroke a white stroke.. guys like Goldfinger, Dr. No, Mr. Big...... I am saying don't reboot these guys.... but you're advocating - and accepting that it would be okay to reboot them as well?... correct?.