SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »
    What can't everyone wait until the press conference?
    I can.

I will.
    I won't.
  • He's coming back, and you're distaste for the decision won't stop it...
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    He's coming back, and you're distaste for the decision won't stop it...
    Of course; Bond always returns- what's your point?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

What proof do you have besides a few rumors? Did you talk with Babs or Michael? How about Sam Mendes?
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm

What proof do you have besides a few rumors? Did you talk with Babs or Michael? How about Sam Mendes?
    Maybe Rachel's cat talked...
    =))

=))
    Or a mysterious copy of Goldfinger found at Bed Bath and Beyond. :))
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---

are you sure he's not talking about Jesus? :-/
  • chrisisall wrote: »

=))

Is it making a cameo appearance? X_X Spoilers!
    Can someone please ban people from saying Quantum or Spectre is coming back?

And Blofeld.

Free speech is a bit*h... :-??

I can't speak for everyone but I'm sick and tired of hearing about Blofeld, SPECTRE and Quantum. Why can't everyone wait until the press conference?

I don't even think that there is going to be a press conference that will announce that some actor is playing some role
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 2,189
    What are you guys going to do when/if he is confirmed to return? Sit around and pout for a year, or embrace the thought that they just might pull off something really cool!
    edited November 2014 Posts: 16,336
    As long as the movie is good I won't care. I think it's a silly step backwards for EON to bring back dead characters. Since all the other reboots are bringing back dead villains and F***** them up. It leaves me nervous that bringing back Blofeld will do even more damage. Especially with P&W back rewriting the Script.
  • Were I the producers, resurrecting Blofeld is something I would save for whoever follows Craig in the tux. But if they decide to use Blofeld for B24, I'll be as excited (as well as nervous) as anyone to see what they do with the character.
  • The beginning of Bond 24 won't be the white circle turning into a gunbarrel, but the white circle turning into the opening of a chimney flue a bald man will get out of, you'd better get used to the idea now :)
    As long as the movie is good I won't care. I think it's a silly step backwards for EON to bring back dead characters. Since all the other reboots are bringing back dead villains and F***** them up. It leaves me nervous that bringing back Blofeld will do even more damage. Especially with P&W back rewriting the Script.

Blofeld is not really dead..like the Craig storylines hapen before the Moore/Connery storylines..

Also we have a black Moneypenny and black Felix so...having Blofeld sounds pretty good

But yeah let's hope the movie will be good.
    dragonsky wrote: »

Blofeld is not really dead..like the Craig storylines hapen before the Moore/Connery storylines..

Also we have a black Moneypenny and black Felix so...having Blofeld sounds pretty good

But yeah let's hope the movie will be good.

If you fell down a smoke stack with a pre broken neck I don't think you'll be alive. And the Craig movies don't take place in the original timeline. It's a whole new timeline where none of the original 20 Bond movies took place. Hopefully EON doesn't remake them. That would really be awful.
    If you fell down a smoke stack with a pre broken neck I don't think you'll be alive. And the Craig movies don't take place in the original timeline. It's a whole new timeline where none of the original 20 Bond movies took place. Hopefully EON doesn't remake them. That would really be awful.

Bringing Blofeld back would not make Bond 24 a remake, just like bringing Moneypenny and Q back did not make Skyfall a remake. It seems like you still don't fully understand what a reboot means.

Bringing Blofeld back would not make Bond 24 a remake, just like bringing Moneypenny and Q back did not make Skyfall a remake. It seems like you still don't fully understand what a reboot means.

You don't get the idea behind my message. I'm afraid that if Blofeld is "rebooted" then EON might consider remaking the original films. And you fail to fully understand that Ben Wishaw's Q isn't a rebooted vesion Desmond Llewelyn's Q. Making him an entirely new character promoted to Q. Like John Cleese. 8-|
    Matt_Helm wrote: »
    Also a nemesis is someone who is coming permanently at you with the intent to punish you (actually she is the Greek goddess of revenge, but let's not get into that). The key word here is permanently. Blofeld simply does not qualify in this department .
    I know you have seen the movies, so I find this comment curious.
    Blofeld surely does come at Bond over and over again - permanently if you will.
    Firstly Blofeld hatches the FRWL Lektor-Tania trap as a revenge against 007 for the killing of DN.
    By the time YOLT rolls around, M has commissioned the faking of 007's death for fear that Blofeld might be coming at him again in retaliation for the TB affair.
    When Blofeld later learns that Bond is indeed alive, he very dramatically orders Bond's death yet again "Kill Bond".
    In OHMSS, after Bond foils yet another of Ernst's mad schemes, Blofeld and his toady Bunt, actively seek out Bond with intent of killing him post wedding.
    Instead they miss and get Tracy only. It's pretty clear he wanted Bond dead, ideally both Bond and wife.
    Then we have DAF. Blofeld is now altering his appearance to avoid being killed by Bond.
    Later he orders Bond to be killed yet again, after he thwarts Bond's assassination attempt in the Whyte House penthouse.
    And then we have FYEO, where Blofeld again takes pains to target Bond and kill him, but Bond turns the tables and finally manages to put old Ernst down for good -in the original timeline at least.

My point being, Blofeld does have a history of coming after Bond with lethal intent.

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Can someone please ban people from saying Quantum or Spectre is coming back?

And those who keep confusing reboots with prequels.

• MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    edited November 2014 Posts: 5,080
    Honestly, the same can be said about SPECTRE.

Let's see how the online momentum evolves in the next weeks...

287281esb.jpg

I'm sorry, but going of the figures on the Y axis, I would hardly say that Blofeld going viral.
    Matt_Helm wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Khan was never really Kirk's nemesis either. He was a one off villain in Star Trek the original series. Then 15 years later shows up because of the convenience of the USS reliant mistaking Ceti Alpha 5 for Ceti Alpha 6. When Khan took it over he went looking for Kirk for revenge. Kirk was never thinking about him until he saw him on the view screen. Khan's an iconic villain, but he was never Kirk's Moriarty or Blofeld.

when someone comes back to haunt you after fifteen years, he's your nemesis, plain and simple.

Following this logic everyone who comes back for revenge is a nemesis. Sorry,I don't see it this way.

Or youre his nemesis. I was exaggerating to make a point. Khan was not meant to be, but became Kirk's nemesis. Moriarty was invented to kill Holmes, he became his nemesis, at least it was the readers perception.
  • Filming in Obertilliach now officially announced to local villagers... filming to begin 2nd week of January?

http://www.tt.com/kultur/9303444-91/schleier-um-james-bond-ist-gelüftet.csp

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Filming in Obertilliach now officially announced to local villagers... filming to begin 2nd week of January?

http://www.tt.com/kultur/9303444-91/schleier-um-james-bond-ist-gelüftet.csp

The start of shooting depends on the weather, from what I can gather.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    No news, but after returning to the forum after a day at work, I find 112 new posts in this discussion. I thought a nice juicy bit of gossip had arrived. Alas no.
    Let's not too worked up before we actually know anything. Most of what I read in here is speculative.
    Patience is the answer.

Also
    Quantum
    Spectre
    Blofeld
    The DB5
    Judi Dench in 'spirit form' in a Star Wars force kind of way, will all be included.
    Or maybe I just made that up. ;)
    Relax me fellow forum friends. All will be revealed in time.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 11,119
    Benny wrote: »
    No news, but after returning to the forum after a day at work, I find 112 new posts in this discussion. I thought a nice juicy bit of gossip had arrived. Alas no.
    Let's not too worked up before we actually know anything. Most of what I read in here is speculative.
    Patience is the answer.

Also
    Quantum
    Spectre
    Blofeld
    The DB5
    Judi Dench in 'spirit form' in a Star Wars force kind of way, will all be included.
    Or maybe I just made that up. ;)
    Relax me fellow forum friends. All will be revealed in time.

Except Ian Fleming's character Hans Oberhauser, which was mentioned by The Daily Mail as well. And I don't think The Daily Mail are that well acquinted with Fleming's work....So that character, I mean his son Franz Oberhauser, will most likely be included in the film.

I'm not getting too much worked up, and I do agree that forummembers should focus a bit more on the news on hand...or news that -most likely- could turn true.

There are several other topics to discuss Blofeld. By jolly, I actually advocated the return of Blofeld! But how the discussion turns into this topic...is IMO quite said.

So again, well put @Benny
    It's the Oberhauser thing that at least some of the article is true and not pure rumors. Doesn't mean Blofeld is in though.
  • Murdock wrote: »

Absolutely agree,except that it is not P&W I am afraid of (actually,as crazy as it may sound,they are my main hope right now).
  • RC7RC7
    edited November 2014 Posts: 10,512
    Ludovico wrote: »
    It's the Oberhauser thing that at least some of the article is true and not pure rumors. Doesn't mean Blofeld is in though.

The Oberhauser thing could have been lifted directly from a fan forum. It had been brought up by members on here some time ago. All it would take is a journalist with a bit of nous checking in on MI6, cherry-picking some interesting tidbits that would only come from hardcore fans and embellishing an otherwise run of the mill article. I'm not saying this is the case, but it's not a stretch.

Out of interest, as I know you're a strong advocate for a much closer literary adaptation of Blofeld, would Waltz's diminutive stature worry you if he were indeed cast?
    A bit. I.mentioned Simon Russell Beale as a potential Blofeld, but also said his short stature might be an issue. That said, my biggest reservation is that he's German speaker. Germanic villains are maybe even more cliches than British ones. But what he does not have in size he has in face, so to speak. My ideal candidate would be a large, brutish looking actor.
    You don't get the idea behind my message. I'm afraid that if Blofeld is "rebooted" then EON might consider remaking the original films. And you fail to fully understand that Ben Wishaw's Q isn't a rebooted vesion Desmond Llewelyn's Q. Making him an entirely new character promoted to Q. Like John Cleese. 8-|

Why would they want to remake the original films if Blofeld is rebooted? As for the new Q: he is the perfect example of a rebooted character. He is not an entirely new character just like Caig's James Bond isn't an entirely new character either just because he has blond hair now.