Going away or coming back?

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited August 2013 Posts: 17,783
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    I also don't want @oo7 to go raking through my past on Bond forums I am not longer a part of. I see no benefit/relevance in this, besides a witch-hunt/ulterior agenda. I have not to date had any problems on MI6 Community so I see little sense in raking over the ashes of bans on other forums for very different reasons. That fire is long out by this stage and I would like it to stay that way.

Let me assure you, @Dragonpol, that we do not appreciate this either. What happened on another forum is entirely disconnected from what happens here. If someone did something wrong, there's always that fresh start, that next chance. If someone did absolutely nothing wrong, there's even less of a point or in fact no point at all in bringing up things this community has nothing to do with.

So whatever happened on other forums is something we don't even need to know about. It stays there. You are now a member of the MI6community and you shall be treated as such, not as someone who came over from this or that forum. Everyone gets the same warm welcome here, without any baggage from other forums.
    oo7 wrote:
    why?
    @oo7, please. Was this necessary? Can't you let it go? We are not private investigators going though member's laundry. We talk Bond. You talk Bond. Drangonpol talks Bond. We unite in that. And as long as we keep it civilised here, I don't care what happens or happened on other forums quite frankly.

Thank you DD. Wise words there that we can all do with following and adhering to. I came to MI6 Community precisely because it allows members room to breathe, unlike many of the less successful forums that are in competition with it. I will remain a member here as long as I have the confidence and respect of members and moderators here. I'm not interested in entering into arguments with members who clearly have their own axe to grind. I'll say no more than that. Any member can PM me if they are unhappy with my membership here and not let it spill into an unrelated thread. In fact, that is the dictionary definition of spam.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Please let me have the final saying on this and we can go back to what this thread was originally designed for.

- No member coming from a different forum carries a past with him, troll or not.
    - Every member starts with equal chances.
    - Should trolling ensue, moderating will happen irrelevant of whether there's a past or not. If friendly PM's result in nothing, three warnings build up to a suspension or ban.
    - We do not methodically check out newcomers' backgrounds on other forums. If we learn something, we do so utterly by accident.
    - Former MI6 trolls, however, will not be condoned to return for sloppy seconds. When unmasked, TO BAN is stamped firmly on their new account. This forum prides itself on its great members but also on its low tolerance towards those who once, even long ago, laboured hard to destabilize it.
    - No-one's perfect. Absolutely no-one.
    Is this also what you mean by playing by the rules? Casual racism?

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/260486#Comment_260486
    I am no causal racist. I take racism very seriously. Whilst I have been over this, for your sake I shall say it over again. If you read the above said discussion title: how to address EVERY criticism of Skyfall. Mrs. Harris was met with a small opposition; it is thus, that, to address such a criticism of her casting (which continues in excellence, IMO), then she mustn't be in Bond 24 The Property of a Lady. Perchance you need to reread the discussion title, and stop hunting for snakes in the freshly trimmed grass of MI6Community.
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Double accounts are not part of playing by the rules. Leaving comments about touching yourself is not the adult way of posting on a James Bond forum.
    On neither of those counts have I sinned. As per your above insinuations re: me, @DarthDimi, you may join the rank and files of those who have only served to bait me and whom I will no longer be communicating with. If MI6Community staff desires a dialogue, they may send another man for the job.
    Yes, the line of reasoning by @oo7 is perfectly clear after re-reading his posts here. @oo7 doesn't like witch hunts against other members here on MI6 Community unless their name is @Dragonpol. That's perfectly clear now. Thanks. Tells you all you need to know, I think. Having said that now, I have no more to add to this debate.

This thread is for people going away but Dragonpol is this time here to stay. ENDS
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Good to see you back, @Dragonpol. You're always welcome around here.
    Thank you very much, @QBranch. It was messages of support and backing that made me change my mind about staying away indefinitely. I will be posting a bit less due to blog commitments, but still I'll be around.
  • oo7oo7
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Yes, the line of reasoning by @oo7 is perfectly clear after re-reading his posts here. @oo7 doesn't like witch hunts against other members here on MI6 Community unless their name is @Dragonpol. That's perfectly clear now. Thanks. Tells you all you need to know, I think. Having said that now, I have no more to add to this debate.

This thread is for people going away but Dragonpol is this time here to stay. ENDS
    you called for a ban of DBLO7 before I even spoke to you. Just go about your business here I do take offence to this. you've had your six.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited August 2013 Posts: 28,694
    oo7 wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:

you called for a ban of DBLO7 before I even spoke to you. Just go about your business here I do take offence to this. you've had your six.

@oo7, you have been asked as nicely as possible to drop it. This is not the place for this contentiously childish behavior, and we all certainly don't need to hear what you felt was your business to report, when in reality you had no right. You have done more arguing and muckracking lately than you have been discussing Bond, so I suggest you work on doing more of the latter. Now, let's get off of this topic and onto the one that this thread is meant for: helloes and goodbyes!
    Yes, I think we should get back to the purpose this thread was meant for indeed. No more recriminations, please. Apply pressure to the brake.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Richardo wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Double accounts are not part of playing by the rules. Leaving comments about touching yourself is not the adult way of posting on a James Bond forum.
    On neither of those counts have I sinned. As per your above insinuations re: me, @DarthDimi, you may join the rank and files of those who have only served to bait me and whom I will no longer be communicating with. If MI6Community staff desires a dialogue, they may send another man for the job.

Wow, that post was a general post about a banned member. Strange thing that you think it's about you, @Richardo.
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Richardo wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:

Wow, that post was a general post about a banned member. Strange thing that you think it's about you, @Richardo.

A trifle ominous...
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Richardo wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:

Not so strange; considering your suggestion that I shared "touching myself" in the Calvin Dyson thread. Whilst I did not share and would not share anything of the sort.
  • oo7oo7
    I'm out
  • @oo7 You're one of the best members here when it comes to posting news and one of the few keeping the Mad Max thread alive.

Don't leave because of one argument (if what happened on this thread is why you're leaving). Also, it's like you said.
    oo7 wrote:
    we grow smaller every day
  • JrW_008JrW_008 The North
    Not than it is significant or that anyone will really remember, but I was a member for a short while last summer, disappeared like hundreds of others like me and that was that. Love for Bond was never lost but I had a lot of other stuff going on which meant I lost interest around here. I'm back to post semi regularly.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Please do come back and join us, @oo7. You have a good history here; please do not let recent arguments keep you from being a member.

Welcome back, JrW_008. :) You are right, life gets in the way and many of us take needed breaks due to other commitments, change of interests, etc. But indeed welcome back.
  • oo7oo7
    I shall attempt to return. there was no arguments involving me 4ever, alot of old crossed wires.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Glad to hear it. Welcome back @oo7.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited August 2013 Posts: 12,459
    Good to hear you are back, @oo7! Crossed wires do happen unfortunately at times.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    oo7 wrote:
    I shall attempt to return. there was no arguments involving me 4ever, alot of old crossed wires.

Nice to have you back!
    I am going away for six months effective tomorrow. I will be at the Maryland State Police Academy.

I hope everyone remembers me when I get back!
    It should be just in time for Christmas ;)
    Heyyyyy I'm home for the long weekend! Well, I've been back each weekend actually, but I've just finally hit a plateau to which I'm not too exhausted to do anything, lol
    Too many stories to tell-- busted my nose last week, got maced this week...
    Good to be back on the MI6 board, at least for a while

Did I miss anything good?

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Welcome Back @Master_Dahark! :) There are lots of stories to be had!
    I got two of these on Ebay!
    $(KGrHqN,!lEFIB!Il+GpBSClK07dMQ~~60_57.JPG
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    busted my nose last week, got maced this week...

Nothing so good as hearing YOUR stories I'll wager!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I am going away for six months effective tomorrow. I will be at the Maryland State Police Academy.

Heyyyyy I'm home for the long weekend! Well, I've been back each weekend actually, but I've just finally hit a plateau to which I'm not too exhausted to do anything, lol

Bond 24 is coming late 2015, Mendes will return to direct, Harris, Fiennes, Wishaw, and Daniel are all signed on up to Bond 25, and Ben Affleck is Batman. Other than that, not much. :)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

Bond 24 is coming late 2015, Mendes will return to direct, Harris, Fiennes, Wishaw, and Daniel are all signed on up to Bond 25, and Ben Affleck is Batman. Other than that, not much. :)

Alongside that, 'Grand Theft Auto V' is a mere few weeks away, it looks like Bryan Cranston will play Lex in the 'Superman vs. Batman' film with Timothy Dalton possibly playing Alfred, and James Spader will be playing the villain Ultron in 'The Avengers: Age of Ultron.'
  • Been away for over a year, thought I'd jump back in and see how it is....
    Nice to see this site is spot on with Bond news!!
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Nice to have you back @Shoreline!
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Shoreline wrote:
    Been away for over a year, thought I'd jump back in and see how it is....
    Nice to see this site is spot on with Bond news!!

You've been gone a year! Christ how time flies...

It's good to be back after a short break. I sincerely apologise for spamming the place for a recruitment drive on behalf of another forum. This was a bad mistake on my part, but I have decided to return from my self-imposed exile and I hope this regrettable incident can be put behind me and we can move on here. My loyalty is with MI6 Community from here on in.

--Dragonpol.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited September 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Wow, I had no idea that was you @Dragonpol. I'm very sorry to hear this and don't really wish to know the details of how and why it all came about but I, for one, am glad to have you back.

You bring a lot to this forum, don't ever forget that.