Going away or coming back?

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    See you when we see you @Creasy47. There may be something Bond-wise worth discussing on your return.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I think I'll be departing the forum for a while. Not only do I not have as much time to post as I'd like to, it seems like every time I'm on, a pointless argument ensues - on the site or in PM's - over something entirely useless. It's getting quite tiring. It's happened the past few times I've been on, which is why I haven't returned as much as usual these past few days.

I'll be on again in the near future. Going to take some time to relax and focus on my summer job. Take care, everyone. I'll be back again pretty soon.

Can appreciate that thinking, although it's not really the petty arguments that are an issue this end. They'll always be squabbling or people at odds on any given fan site or forum page. Here is no different

I'm holding up the damn place by myself at the moment, just been browsing threads adding responses wherever I find them, but once again, these pages, it seems, resemble a funeral parlor than a place for discussion, and every now and again you think to yourself "What's the point"

You can understand why people are losing interest and dropping out, be it an interim measure or on a permanent basis. Poor night (again) for discussions

Guess it's down to me, to turn out the MI6 lights on tonights departure
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I think I'll be departing the forum for a while. Not only do I not have as much time to post as I'd like to, it seems like every time I'm on, a pointless argument ensues - on the site or in PM's - over something entirely useless. It's getting quite tiring. It's happened the past few times I've been on, which is why I haven't returned as much as usual these past few days.

I'll be on again in the near future. Going to take some time to relax and focus on my summer job. Take care, everyone. I'll be back again pretty soon.

Can appreciate that thinking, although it's not really the petty arguments that are an issue this end. They'll always be squabbling or people at odds on any given fan site or forum page. Here is no different

I'm holding up the damn place by myself at the moment, just been browsing threads adding responses wherever I find them, but once again, these pages, it seems, resemble a funeral parlor than a place for discussion, and every now and again you think to yourself "What's the point"

You can understand why people are losing interest and dropping out, be it an interim measure or on a permanent basis. Poor night (again) for discussions

Guess it's down to me, to turn out the MI6 lights on tonights departure

I think you are being a tad dramatic again, mate. There are plenty here, myself included that are always up for discussion. The problem is, we all have lives outside of the forum that demand our time as well. It isn't that we have lost interest, just that we have things that keep us busier than before at the present time.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Due to commitments I've not been contributing much recently as a member or a mod. So I'm breaking for a few weeks to finish what I have to do. That way I can come back and feel like I'm adding something of worth.

Reading @Baltimore_007's post above I think that this is always the quietest time, when one film has disappeared behind us and the next one is still a twinkle in someone's eye. The forums always go deadly quiet for a few weeks/months.

It will spring back to life, there's no worries on that front.

See you all in a few weeks. :-h
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Take care, @NicNac.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I will be out for a undecided amount of days to celebrate the swedish holiday "Midsummer". Hopefully i will be back sometime next week.

Au revoir
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    MrBond wrote:
    I will be out for a undecided amount of days to celebrate the swedish holiday "Midsummer". Hopefully i will be back sometime next week.

Au revoir

See you then @MrBond. Hope you have a good time!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm back, everyone. Hope things have been well for you all, and I hope to keep on without too many worries from here on out. See you all in the discussions!
    MrBond wrote:

Au revoir

Have a great time, mate! :)

Creasy47 wrote:
    I'm back, everyone. Hope things have been well for you all, and I hope to keep on without too many worries from here on out. See you all in the discussions!

Good to have you back in the field, @Creasy47. :)
    Thanks, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7. It's nice to be back.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I'll be away for about a week, I think. Sunny California awaits me for work and (I hope) some pleasure B-)

See you!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Have a great time, Sandy! You will be missed. Hope the weather is good, traffic tolerably, drinks cold, food superb, and some breathtaking scenery. California can, at times (depending upon where you are and when), have all of that and more. Bon voyage!
    Enjoy yourself, @Sandy! You most certainly will be missed. Soak up as much sun as you can.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @Sandy, enjoy the trip! It's never a good thing when a lady leaves, but it's a great thing when she returns. Looking forward to that. ^^
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I am back, although earlier then planned!
    And welcome back, @MrBond!
    (that has a nice ring to it!)
    I've been expecting you, @MrBond!
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I was bit surprised that none of you said: "Are you ready to get back to work?" B-)
    edited June 2013 Posts: 17,809
    May I remind you that Blofeld's dead. Finished. The least we can expect of you now is a little plain, solid work.

How's that?
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    That sir, is a jolly good welcoming!
    MrBond wrote:

Indeed. I thought that you might well appreciate it as such.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Dragonpol wrote:
    MrBond wrote:

Indeed. I thought that you might well appreciate it as such.

Yes, absolutely!
    I am going away for six months effective tomorrow. I will be at the Maryland State Police Academy.

I hope everyone remembers me when I get back!
    It should be just in time for Christmas ;)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    See you then @Master_Dahark. Best of luck with your new adventure!
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    @Master_Dahark, good luck! See you in 6 months time!
    Wow, @Master_Dahark! You are one of my favorite members here, and I will miss your unique brand of humor that always makes me break out in laughter. Congratulations on this new opportunity, have a great time and stay safe. See you this time six months from now. :)
    edited June 2013 Posts: 17,809
    See you then, @Master_Dahark! Should be a great experience for you, that. Best of luck with it all, comrade in arms.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    I am going away for six months effective tomorrow. I will be at the Maryland State Police Academy.

I for one would like to wish you all the verry best for you new job
    remember Let's be careful out there good luck my friend & do try to drop in from time to time
    Regards Coggins.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

Wow, this is big news you've got there, fellar! ;-) Don't forget us, please. I'm sure we won't forget you!

Congrats again! :-bd
    Take care, and we will all be eager to hear from you in December. I'm sure you will do well at the academy. I hope you find plenty to enjoy, along with the hard work. You are one of our treasured members, @Master_Dahark.