Going away or coming back?

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited July 2013 Posts: 17,809
    Sandy wrote:
    It's good to be back, thank you @DiscoVolante and @Dragonpol. I can see a lot of activity right now, it might take a while to get back on track.

Yes, there always seems to be something interesting going on here. That's why I (and undoubtedly others) keep coming back!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Great to see you active here again, @Sandy! I hope you had a stupendous and relaxing vacation, and a much deserved one at that, I am sure. :)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Nice to have some friendly faces returning!
    edited August 2013 Posts: 17,809
    I'm going away indefinitely. No idea when I will be back. MI6 Community needs to get its house in order. There are too many damned trolls on here for me to deal with. Also, like on the other forums, I seem to be posting far too much and maybe even spamming in answering other trolls in order to defend myself from this or that pathetic accusation they have dreamed up.

Anyway, I've had more than enough for now. I'm not going to even my wit to them as they say where I'm from. If this is what MI6 wants a Bond forum to be in mid-2013 they're welcome to it. Anyway, there is much work to be done on my blog project and I am very behind schedule over there. Goodbye for now.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Please @Dragonpol, not you. You are one of the good ones! If everyone leaves, how is this forum supposed to survive?
    @Dragonpol, good luck to you, friend. It's a shame; as Sandy said, you really were one of the more inquisitive ones here. I hope you change your mind, but I can't say a leave of absence isn't a bad thing. I did the same thing a while back and it felt nice; I was tired of the trolls and the fighting over such useless things. Take care, mate, and I do hope you return.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I would like to point out that trolls aren't fought by leaving the forum. We have seen the occasional troll show up in recent times and such is of course the nature of the Internet, there's little we can do to prevent it from happening. But I think we can also agree that they are swiftly removed. Just ignore them. So either way, @Dragonpol, if you feel like taking a pause, by all means do so, but don't leave over trolls.
    Dragonpol wrote:
    MI6 Community needs to get its house in order. There are too many damned trolls on here for me to deal with.

Seriously this is a bit of an overreaction, wouldn't you agree? "Too many"? I count three at most, and they are being taken care of. Also, you don't need to deal with them, you need to ignore them.

A lot goes on behind the scenes. @MajorDSmythe, @Benny, myself and the rest of the mods, we make good use of the flagging you guys do to build cases against the trolls. We warn the trolls and we alert the admins. Trolls are quickly banned. Spambots too, as we have seen recently.

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Please don't go @Dragonpol. You keep this place alive with your unique discussions. Trolls are temporary. Dragonpol is Forever! Plus I love your witty dialogues with Mr. Wizard. I hope you change your mind.
    Murdock wrote:
    Please don't go @Dragonpol. You keep this place alive with your unique discussions. Trolls are temporary. Dragonpol is Forever! Plus I love your witty dialogues with Mr. Wizard. I hope you change your mind.

Yes I second that @Dragonpol. Hope you change your mind and make a swift return :-)
  • oo7oo7
    David Dragonpol ‏@Dragonpol 5h
    I see BigGayIsland and MarshallODubleOSeven have been banned on MI6 Comm. They need to follow up with DBLO7 and Richardo for a matching set!
    lifted from his twitter.

Outside of BGI acting like charles earle grey and marshall declaring a love for nightfire and slight over use of full stops I dont quite know what they did to rub him up the wrong way.

Nor do I see much problem with the other suggestions outside of the fact they are taking part. We cant go banning everyone who joins the website to take part. are forums not there to be taken part.
    when i first joined came to blows with how some of your interacted with me before I realised sit back and just try to take part.
    To the mods I would say we have been attacked before but when do we end the lock down. Will we ban every new member Dragonpol(I use him as an example) has issues with. With very little doubt I will be the next target.

Now I don't read every post that these people made so I dont know the whole story. My advice to the apparently observant Dragonpol is do not dramatise this. I used to think you were quite alight as far this forum went.
    this outburst you have had here, tantrum over the fact this is not your private playground. That is your own blog. Here we are encouraged to act and interact.

This goes for everyone, no more tantrums.

• edited August 2013 Posts: 3,236
    But what will @TheWizardofIce do without you, Dragonpol? He'll be a widower with you gone!
  • oo7oo7
    edited August 2013 Posts: 1,068
    http://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com/t2037p240-are-you-a-new-member-introduce-yourself-here
    a thread dedicated to his banning there

and evidence of his banning at ajb007.co.uk

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/40046/french-song-in-skyfall/

SILHOUETTE MAN23rd Mar 2013 20:52

Banned
    I see dragonpol has been out rightly banned from some sites as well. over his temper.

I'm not calling for him to be banned. just stressing this poster is hardly high and mighty and has a history of letting his temper run
    @oo7, a lot of us had issues with one of those members that was banned. There's a difference between keeping a cool head when you join and actively engaging in topics, and spreading spam and material that will only induce fights or awkward threads that are only going to get shut down. If only everyone read the Terms & Conditions and How-to Guide, and had a maturity level higher than a 13 year old, we would be set.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I don't care who was banned on another forum, @oo7. Not really. This is just our forum and that is what matters. Why are you advertising this, the particulars of another member being banned on a different site? How is that constructive? Did you really feel that Dragonpol is so negative or destructive or harming our forum enough for you to attack him like that? Well, it feels like an attack to me.

Dragonpol may have overposted lately, in this enthusiasm, and responded to trolls perhaps too much, but he is a good member here. If he needs to take a break, that's understandable, but I hope he comes back soon. He contributes plenty.
    @Creasy47 and @4EverBonded well said.
    oo7 wrote:
    David Dragonpol ‏@Dragonpol 5h
    I see BigGayIsland and MarshallODubleOSeven have been banned on MI6 Comm. They need to follow up with DBLO7 and Richardo for a matching set!
    lifted from his twitter.

Outside of BGI acting like charles earle grey and marshall declaring a love for nightfire and slight over use of full stops I dont quite know what they did to rub him up the wrong way.

BGI and Marshall were the same person, which is one of many the reasons why "he" was banned by the mods.
  • oo7oo7
    shall the three of you now flag me for commenting that we all seem to be jumping for new comers heads?
    I don't know what they do in other threads I just stated from a quick glance at marshells past posts he seemed ok. bgi seemed to be runing a proper round of guess the character.
    perhaps his choice in impersonating charles grey seemed odd .
    I made a post saying who are we. I mean we are a community but we seem to be drawing the doors shut very early on some people here. how is this constructive @4everbonded. we grow smaller every day
    Obviously I don't know what interactions they had at a personal level with you or with the mods. perhaps they were more belligerent than they seemed.
    Richardo, are you something of a troll then?
    this i just lifted from the lone ranger chat board. the guy richardo gave a bit of a review then this Napoleon went on to start a thread about ordering an ipod.
    richardo might be annoying some people here but hes playing by the rules, this comment though just starts the witch hunt that leads to people not taking his posts seriously.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited August 2013 Posts: 12,459
    My comment was not directed towards your thoughts regarding Richardo or Marshall, only how you pinpointed Dragonpol.

Calling someone a troll does not make them a troll. I too oppose witch hunts.
    @007 have you actually bothered to read any of other Richardo's posts before making that comment? You do know the mods have recently deleted one of his posts

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/261099#Comment_261099

Is this also what you mean by playing by the rules? Casual racism?

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/260486#Comment_260486

You will find there are a great number of members on here who take issue to his trolling.
  • oo7oo7
    I dont know what he said to get modified but ive been modified over copyrights and such. a joke may not have played well here.
    how is ones grasp of the english language being called into question casual racism?
    it might explain his error in making a joke
    I already said it, don't get angry here just ignore them if this bothers you.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited August 2013 Posts: 1,347
    This thread is called "Going away or coming" back for a reason, stick to the subject guys.

Edit: See below for a perfect, more thorough, clarification ;)
    edited August 2013 Posts: 23,551
    Ok guys, enough of this. Please resort to private chats if you wish to discuss other members. @oo7, We're not growing smaller every day. We set our standards high though. There are a lot of Bond forums out there. This one prefers adult non-spamming members with a good sense of humour and who can play by the rules. Double accounts are not part of playing by the rules. Leaving comments about touching yourself is not the adult way of posting on a James Bond forum. So please understand that when a members gets shown to the door, there's a good reason and in fact, usually there's more than one. Most of the time people complain we don't ban fast enough. Well, we like to allow a few slip-ups if after a few friendly PM's from us the member in question is willing to henceforth avoid them. Trouble ensues once we've learned the member is not at all willing to be cooperative. Even then, it still takes three more official warnings before someone is banned. Even if our patience is wearing thin, we're still reasonably patient.
  • oo7oo7
    This thread is called "Going away or coming" back for a reason, stick to the subject guys.

I think discussing members getting banned here should be fine with that name. I just wished to air a feeling on people getting banned and gradual decline via un-natural-cyber death...such as @DaltonCraig007

@darthdimi
    already pmed the lot of them, a bold suggestion though (this is an attempt of wit)

you must understand from my perspective that's about three new regular posters ive glanced over who have been booted within three days or more of joining. i was just worried that perhaps some where getting dragged down with the trolls and banned needlessly
    oo7 wrote:

I think discussing members getting banned here should be fine with that name. I just wished to air a feeling on people getting banned and gradual decline via un-natural-cyber death...such as @DaltonCraig007

WRONG.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't resist. ;-)

Anyway, DC was never in any way made, asked or desired to leave. He left out of free will and to this day I regret his departure from this forum. He turned to other places, which is his good right. But it certainly wasn't our doing and I hope that one day he will be back.

oo7 wrote:
    @darthdimi
    already pmed the lot of them, a bold suggestion though (this is an attempt of wit)

you must understand from my perspective that's about three new regular posters ive glanced over who have been booted within three days or more of joining. i was just worried that perhaps some where getting dragged down with the trolls and banned needlessly

In recent times we have banned two spambots and one member whose first mistake had been the double account and who proceeded not so favourably in public and in private conversations. Please accept that you haven't seen or read all of his material for as soon as objectionable content is posted by said member, we move in as fast as we can to conceal it.

Trust me, we don't just ban people for no reason. Even during a troll attack, we still consider each individual case. A few months ago, with TouchMyButtons, Judyfan, Pierceuh and the lot, we didn't get the entire batch banned instantly. One at the time and only after thorough consideration.

You're seeing things the wrong way, @oo7. We appreciate that you want to step up for other people but you're overestimating our impulses to ban. We're no animal haters because we squash a few mosquitoes. ;-) We don't even kill a mouse or a bird. What I'm trying to spell out here is that we ban only when we must, not when we feel like it.

And now, please no more in this thread.
    Well, this thread has certainly turned up Weird Street of late, hasn't it? No going back now, I guess. I have been forced to return due to the banning of two very proactive trolls. There is still some work to be done on the troll front here, but I am more than happy to let the mods and admins do their job and they do a very good job, ensuring fairness to members and only a.

As two of the trolls have at least been banned in accordance with due process on the site may I just post a comment here in defence of myself and to respond to some points made here. I want other members to enjoy MI6 Community and not to have it plagued by trolls.

I also don't want @oo7 to go raking through my past on Bond forums I am not longer a part of. I see no benefit/relevance in this, besides a witch-hunt/ulterior agenda. I have not to date had any problems on MI6 Community so I see little sense in raking over the ashes of bans on other forums for very different reasons. That fire is long out by this stage and I would like it to stay that way.

I have decided to return to MI6 sooner than planned, but I will not be posting as enthusiastically or regularly as the blog work is waiting for me in my free time ands I still have much to say via that outlet too.

All that remains for me to say is a big "thank you" to all those kind members who asked after me. Thank you for your faith in me as a member here. I think of you all as an extended family. I have never had this type of feeling on any other Bond forum, and despite the trolls and detractors MI6 Community remains the best James Bond forum in the world. Accept no substitutes. Roll out the bunting. Dragonpol is back.
  • oo7oo7
    Dragonpol wrote:

I also don't want @oo7 to go raking through my past on Bond forums I am not longer a part of. I see no benefit/relevance in this, besides a witch-hunt/ulterior agenda. I have not to date had any problems on MI6 Community so I see little sense in raking over the ashes of bans on other forums for very different reasons. That fire is long out by this stage and I would like it to stay that way.

why?
    oo7 wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:

why?

Why? Because I don't go raking through your Internet history as you have done to me here, for starters.

You say you don't want to ban me, yet you are muck-raking in this thread. I see this as unjustified and I wonder what I have done on you personally to deserve it. Perhaps you can help me with this if I am missing something.
  • oo7 wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:

why?

The question is, why do you feel the need to question his reasons or disrespect his wishes?

I'm obviously not a mod, but I can tell you knowing some of them quite well, you may be treading on dangerous ground with them.
    Dragonpol wrote:

Let me assure you, @Dragonpol, that we do not appreciate this either. What happened on another forum is entirely disconnected from what happens here. If someone did something wrong, there's always that fresh start, that next chance. If someone did absolutely nothing wrong, there's even less of a point or in fact no point at all in bringing up things this community has nothing to do with.

So whatever happened on other forums is something we don't even need to know about. It stays there. You are now a member of the MI6community and you shall be treated as such, not as someone who came over from this or that forum. Everyone gets the same warm welcome here, without any baggage from other forums.
    oo7 wrote:
    why?
    @oo7, please. Was this necessary? Can't you let it go? We are not private investigators going though member's laundry. We talk Bond. You talk Bond. Drangonpol talks Bond. We unite in that. And as long as we keep it civilised here, I don't care what happens or happened on other forums quite frankly. Maybe you pulled a girl's hair in kindergarten, set the couch on fire at grandma's place or smoked a cigarette when your parents had specifically told you not to. We're not going to dig up any of that dirt here either. It's irrelevant.

• oo7oo7
    Just interacting dimi nothing more.
    what I infered by raising dragonpols past was he had been deemed a troll and we shouldnt let tempers flair and get the better of us. dragonpol submits alot, I do not wish to vilify him just use him as an example. if we are not acceptant of new arrivals on the bus how will we get to our destination.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/Ow_9MglZrhs?hl=en_US&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/Ow_9MglZrhs?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  • oo7oo7
    Just interacting dimi nothing more.
    what I infered by raising dragonpols past was he had been deemed a troll and we shouldnt let tempers flair and get the better of us. dragonpol submits alot, I do not wish to vilify him just use him as an example. if we are not acceptant of new arrivals on the bus how will we get to our destination.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/Ow_9MglZrhs?hl=en_US&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/Ow_9MglZrhs?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>