Going away or coming back?

Comments

• DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited October 2013 Posts: 1,347
    @StirredNotShaken, it was not a harsh warning. It was a reminder that responding to trolls is totally unneeded and serves no purpose whatsoever. The aim of these bots is to get confused members to click their suspicious links, and if some people continuously reply to them, the threads bump & get more views, which might lead to someone clicking them = the troll wins. Why do them a favor?

We have informed several times that members should ignore the trolls by not replying to them at all, you should flag the topic and await its removal. Lastly, move on.

A member replying "IFM" in such a thread shows how little he/she understands the "I" part of it...

Shouldn't be so hard.

You are a valuable member to this community and we do not see you as the enemy. But you have to understand that members find it annoying. And since we've informed about it more than once you probably can see the point of the PM too, even if it upset you.

Stick around ;)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I for one understand why a member would do such a thing, and it annoys me too. We constantly discuss the importance of IFM, and recently had a new thread made by @Dimi explaining the rules again for those that fail to understand the crucial nature of the maneuver. The first rule of IFM is Ignore, after all, and that is what the members being flagged have forgotten. Going into a troll's thread, and posting things like "IFM!" or anything equally as useless is spam itself, and you become no better than the troll you are going against. It is a counter-intuitive action, and it's no surprise someone got sick of it and flagged a post.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    You needn't overreact, @StirredNotShaken. Someone didn't care for your continuous replies to trolls, and he or she flagged you. It's one person, but I agree with the others in saying that you needn't do it. It just bumps the thread and doesn't help anyone at all. Don't leave over something like that. Brush it off, chalk it up to a learning experience, and fight on.
    Well, I'm back. Though it may have seemed like I never left since I never actually logged out.

I can understand why what happened, happened. Again, I just don't think I was fully aware that making a witty comment every now and then had any detrimental effect, and wish I had gotten a PM warning before a flag. It was just very upsetting. I needed a couple days off and I hope everyone is able to understand that. I never had any intentions of making this a permanent absence and it seems like concerns were raised that I wasn't returning.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Good to see you back @StirredNotShaken :) and welcome to the club of those who have been flagged for ridiculous reasons :D
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'd like to say welcome back too. @StirredNotShaken while I don't think I've been flagged before, I have been in a similar situation before for feeding trolls. But It happens to all of us at least once. Glad to have you back. :)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited October 2013 Posts: 17,813
    Good to see you back friend @StirredNotShaken - look at all that's been levelled at me here and there and I don't give up, do I? You should do the same and follow Bond's lead in Skyfall. For what it's worth I've been flagged over trivial things too and warned but I still come back for more, don't I? I've even been banned from two other Bond forums - my record is an open one. My best advice to you on your return is to never give up and never give it and that comes from a poster who has been a mermber of the online Bond community since May 2002. Never let them see you bleed, if you will.
    Welcome back, @StirredNotShaken. Apologies if I had a grizzly attitude the other day, because I think a good majority of us have gotten to a point where we've wanted to leave over something trivial; I know I most certainly have. Just brush it off and continue, it's the only thing to do. We're one big family here, and I'd like to think none of us hold grudges.
  • RC7RC7
    edited October 2013 Posts: 10,512
    Been away for a few weeks in South-East Asia. Visited Halong Bay (narrative Bond location, does it still count?) and enjoyed the 'Roger Moore Martini' at the Hanoi Metropole, named in honour of his stay in 2003. Quite a lot of threads to read through. Seems the spam-bots and a couple of miscreants are still roaming the boards, although it appears better than it was a month ago. Doesn't look like I missed much outside of general debate, although it seems @Murdock has had a tough time recently. My condolences to you, hope you're well.
    @RC7, correct me if I'm wrong, but unless they filmed in a different location, isn't that where Bond and Wai Lin go to find the stealth boat in the finale of TND?

Either way, welcome back. I saw you post a few minutes ago and thought I was right in guessing that you have been gone for quite some time.
    I am more than a little envious of you right now @RC7 ;-)
    Thank you @RC7. It's hard, but as long as I remember the wonderful memories I shared with my late father, I shall be fine.
  • RC7RC7
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @RC7, correct me if I'm wrong, but unless they filmed in a different location, isn't that where Bond and Wai Lin go to find the stealth boat in the finale of TND?

Either way, welcome back. I saw you post a few minutes ago and thought I was right in guessing that you have been gone for quite some time.

Yes @Creasy, narratively it's Halong, but they actually shot it in Thailand, near to the TMWTGG locations (or the Bond Islands as they call them). I have indeed been gone a wee while. Oh and I also proposed to my better-half. Thankfully she said yes. I'm currently trying to scam a DB5 for the wedding!

@WillyGalore - if you get a chance to visit, I would highly recommend it!

@Murdock - I'm sure you will mate, you seem like a top bloke.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @Murdock, you have my sympathies, friend.
    Thank you @DarthDimi. The support my fellow members have given me us very comforting.
    Congratulations on the engagement! I wish you all a long and healthy marriage.
  • Nice to have you back @RC7 and @StirredNotShaken.
    RC7 wrote:
    'Roger Moore Martini' at the Hanoi Metropole, named in honour of his stay in 2003.

How do you make that?
    RC7 wrote:
    Oh and I also proposed to my better-half. Thankfully she said yes. I'm currently trying to scam a DB5 for the wedding!

Congratulations! If you manage to get a DB5 you'll be the luckiest bastard on the planet :P
  • RC7RC7
    Nice to have you back @RC7 and @StirredNotShaken.
    RC7 wrote:
    'Roger Moore Martini' at the Hanoi Metropole, named in honour of his stay in 2003.

How do you make that?
    RC7 wrote:
    Oh and I also proposed to my better-half. Thankfully she said yes. I'm currently trying to scam a DB5 for the wedding!

Congratulations! If you manage to get a DB5 you'll be the luckiest bastard on the planet :P

The Martini is to all extents a Vesper. It was a pretty good one (three) actually.

The DB5 is bookable, I've enquired. Only drawback - no one will insure a civillian to drive it, therefore it will have to be a chauffeur. I'll be marrying in the Scottish Highlands so I'm angling for a SF photo-op basically.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    hello, I don't know if anyone remembers me, but I have returned from a long exile. I haven't been here since the 2012 london olympics, I think.. long time :O

I totally disconnected myself from the world of 007 since I left. I only saw Skyfall in the cinema last year, and re-watched QoS and CR, which made me appreciate them again. I haven't seen any 1962-2002 bond movie in over a year now.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Well, so long no see @DaltonCraig007. We did wonder what had happened to you. Welcome back.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited October 2013 Posts: 12,459
    Good heavens, welcome back!!!! You have been missed by many.
    I cannot imagine disconnecting from 007 completely. Do you feel renewed or refreshed now? Ready to re-Bond? :) Anyway, welcome back indeed!

And surely, Roger must be glad you are back, too. ;)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I feel renewed! I though I needed a break from 007.. so I took one, which turn out lasted more than 1 year!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    We all need breaks sometimes, for sure. Dive right in; don't be shy - there are some pretty good threads happening here these days.
    Welcome back @DaltonCraig007. From what I've been able to establish, since I joined in July you're a massive Roger fan, which makes you OK in my book :-bd
    Welcome back @DaltonCraig007. From what I've been able to establish, since I joined in July you're a massive Roger fan, which makes you OK in my book :-bd

thanks mate! :-bd
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

thanks mate! :-bd

Seconded.
    hello, I don't know if anyone remembers me, but I have returned from a long exile. I haven't been here since the 2012 london olympics, I think.. long time :O

I totally disconnected myself from the world of 007 since I left. I only saw Skyfall in the cinema last year, and re-watched QoS and CR, which made me appreciate them again. I haven't seen any 1962-2002 bond movie in over a year now.

I also wandered what happened to you DaltonCraig007? You just went dark as they say. Were you in some beach bar knocking back booze with a scorpion on your hand? ;)
    All joking aside its great to see you back as you were always a great poster on this community! Welcome home! B-)
    RogueAgent wrote:

I also wandered what happened to you DaltonCraig007? You just went dark as they say. Were you in some beach bar knocking back booze with a scorpion on your hand? ;)
    All joking aside its great to see you back as you were always a great poster on this community! Welcome home! B-)

thanks mate! I'm glad to see you and familiar faces again! :-bd
  • :O DC?!?!

Welcome back mate. You've been missed :)
    :O DC?!?!

Welcome back mate. You've been missed :)

thanks a lot mate! :) it feels strange being back after so long, but I am happy to be back!