Going away or coming back?

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Welcome back, @DaltonCraig007! I'm glad to see you return and that you left on good terms. It's always healthy to have a break every now and then. Did you enjoy Skyfall?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited October 2013 Posts: 15,690
    QBranch wrote:
    Welcome back, @DaltonCraig007! I'm glad to see you return and that you left on good terms. It's always healthy to have a break every now and then. Did you enjoy Skyfall?

I really enjoyed Skyfall. one of my favorite Bond movies. it made me rewatch CR and QOS under a new light, and now all 3 Craig movies are well into my top 10! but I still love Sir Rog :)
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Wow! Welcome back @DaltonCraig007, one of the great members. You are unrivaled when it comes to being a fan of Sir Rog!
    I don't believe my eyes! :O DaltonCraig007 is back!

A tip of the hat to you sir. Welcome back!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    With renewed energy, focus and love for Bond, you should get along fine @DaltonCraig007.

Welcome back.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited October 2013 Posts: 16,331
    Welcome Back @DaltonCraig007! We thought you were taken by SPECTRE agents! great to have you back and your Avatar inspired me to buy ffolkes. Which I loved!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I really enjoyed Skyfall. one of my favorite Bond movies.
    I agree- great film there. I just wish I hadn't read into the pre-production as much as I did. Maybe I should do the same and have a break from Bond come 2015. Mind you, that's easier said than done!
    it made me rewatch CR and QOS under a new light, and now all 3 Craig movies are well into my top 10!
    When you say 'well into my top 10', I assume you mean surrounded by the 7 Moore films, and below Golden Gun ;)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I gave you a warm welcome in a different thread, but it's great to have you back!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    thanks to Creasy, Samuel, Murdock, AgentJamesBond and JBFan626 :)

I'm happy to see familiar faces again
  • QBranch wrote:

I really enjoyed Skyfall. one of my favorite Bond movies. it made me rewatch CR and QOS under a new light, and now all 3 Craig movies are well into my top 10! but I still love Sir Rog :)

The prodigal son DC has returned! And now a Craig fan no less! :O You must admit, I always did say that once Craig Bond got back to normal, you'd be in a better position to re-examine your thoughts on the current era. Good to hear you're alive and well, and I would love to have you join my cooking thread so we can discuss Acadie versus French homeland cooking and perhaps even some of the cuisine you grew up with at home. I'm sure you knew the Louisiana Cajuns were Acadians expelled by the British, we could have a lot of fun if you'd be kind enough to stop by B-)

I also want to eventually hear your thoughts on Newman's SF soundtrack and the title song. Like you knew I wouldn't.

Welcome home :)

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    hello, I don't know if anyone remembers me, but I have returned from a long exile. I haven't been here since the 2012 london olympics, I think.. long time :O

I totally disconnected myself from the world of 007 since I left. I only saw Skyfall in the cinema last year, and re-watched QoS and CR, which made me appreciate them again. I haven't seen any 1962-2002 bond movie in over a year now.

I have been waiting for this day for a long time, and it has finally arrived!

I hoped you would one day return to us, @DaltonCraig007, and it is nice to see that you are in good health. You will be happy to know that I have a new appreciation for the Moore era, as well. ;) Please give us your Skyfall review in one of the threads for the film here. He'd all love to hear your thoughts.

Welcome back!
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    It's funny because from what I remember, DaltonCraig was one of the members who liked Daniel Craig least in his Bond films, so it's surprising he had a 180 about it.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Good to see old flock return to the MI6 Community pastures.
  • @DaltonCraig007, you predate me, but I've seen your posts and your love of Roger Moore and your (now former) dislike of Craig. It's great to have you back all the same, and I did a double-take when I saw a post of yours timestamped for today.

On a related note, @Getafix recently returned too, but he seems to have left again.

I wondered about @Getafix, too, but with his mass hatred of Brosnan, it was never easy finding a common ground to chat about with him. Looks like he didn't appreciate someone talking back to him about his thoughts on something and left again. Hadn't even noticed he returned.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I just thought @Getafix lost patience with all of us Skyfall lovers and flew the coop.

By the way, if you are reading this, @DaltonCraig007, we would love it if you would officially accept your title as Biggest Roger Moore Bond Fan (since you were absent for the crowning), from the 1st Annual MI6 Community Awards:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/3920/closing-ceremony-of-the-first-annual-mi6-community-awards-winners-listed/p1
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 3,494
    @OBrady- not only that and how high SF rated in the originals room, but me telling him Brosnan bashing wasn't welcome there probably didn't help. He didn't take my kindly put request very well. Was it something I said?
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    @OBrady- not only that and how high SF rated in the originals room, but me telling him Brosnan bashing wasn't welcome there probably didn't help. He didn't take my kindly put request very well. Was it something I said?
    It was something that ate him...
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    It was something that ate him...

We've got plenty of other good jokes...
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 4,813
    Just finished week 2 at the State Police gun range!
    This is how good I thought I would be:
    gun-range-o.gif

But I was really more like this:
    1268741021_hugh-laurie-gun-fail.gif

I'm not even mad- time to enjoy the weekend!!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    That is funny, Master_Dahark ! Is that Hugh Laurie? In what film?

And I think you are being modest and certainly were not at the bottom of your class.
    I'm sure you are working hard at every aspect of your new career. Best of luck with all of that! State trooper; indeed cool. By the way, are you practicing your different trooper faces? Like this one, when you pull someone over and they start giving every excuse in the book? :-@
    That is funny, Master_Dahark ! Is that Hugh Laurie? In what film?

It think it's a sketch from A Bit of Fry & Laurie
    OK, Hugh looks so young there! I love him. I'm going to have to spend some bucks in the coming year to stock up on many old series I have not seen. Thanks, @WillyGalore.
    OK, Hugh looks so young there! I love him. I'm going to have to spend some bucks in the coming year to stock up on many old series I have not seen. Thanks, @WillyGalore.

Make sure one of those shows is House. Some of the best television I have ever seen, with some of the most compelling characters ever introduced to the format.
    I can rent House here! And I do. But I've skipped some seasons. Only up to the second to last one available here so far. I will watch the last year in full.
    I can rent House here! And I do. But I've skipped some seasons. Only up to the second to last one available here so far. I will watch the last year in full.

I have always jumped around too. For me, the show is less about the plot or arc and more about following House and his complexity through everything he is put through (mostly by his own discretion). He is one of my favorite characters ever, and he and Wilson are a pair of the Holmes and Watson equivalency.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited November 2013 Posts: 1,347
    I'm off to London tomorrow until Sunday, really looking forward to doing nothing except eating good fish n' chips, meeting up with a couple of fellow MI6:ers, having pints and good fun for a few days!

IMG_7869_crop.jpg

Meanwhile, you stay safe, and behave ;)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Make it a lovely trip, @DiscoVolante! Fish and chips you say? How about some of that delicious Chinese food in Camden Lock or in Chinatown near Leicester Square? ;-)
    Enjoy, @DiscoVolante! Sounds like it should be quite entertaining, have enough fun for the rest of us.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited November 2013 Posts: 1,347
    Cheers guys :) Hehe I'm not that into Chinese food Dimi, but might give it a try (will definitely go to Camden either way) ;)