Going away or coming back?

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I wish you all the best, @WillyGalore!
    I'm sure you can use some of those great Bond lines in the presence of a lovely nurse. ;-)
    Good luck, friend!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I do wish you a speedy recovery, @WilliyGalore! I hope all goes very well for you. Take care, try to stay warm (hospitals are always cold, aren't they?). We shall miss you but eagerly await your return when you are better. :)>-
    As for Bond lines, why yes they could come in handy ... and I am willing to bet that you may be mumbling more than one of them when sedated! ;)
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    edited December 2013 Posts: 14,899
    All the best to both @WillyGalore and @Sandy
    Look forward to seeing you both back here, real soon.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Good luck with surgery and get better soon, @WillyGalore. You'll be in our thoughts.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Take care @WillyGalore. :)
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited December 2013 Posts: 17,696
    Best wishes @WillyGalore, and my prayers to you, @Baltimore_007.
  • The best of luck and prayers to you, @WillyGalore, I hope to see you posting captions and Bond lines soon. Enjoy your vacation, @Sandy, and if I don't see either of you before Christmas, than have a most merry one!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Here's wishing you all the best, @Sandy and @WillyGalore. A big Merry Christmas to you both.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited December 2013 Posts: 45,489
    Hope its nothing too serious? Get well.
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 6,396
    Thank you all for your kind messages of support. It really is appreciated. I'm currently here on the lovely surgical ward of James Cook Hospital. It's the fifth time I've been here in four years! Currently being drip fed antibiotics through an IV.

The good news (if you can call it that) is it appears to be an infection of the colon and should not require surgery. The doctor's finger up the bottom was bad enough! With a bit of luck, I should be out of here within a day or two. Just as well as the food is really quite bad and the television and internet is costing me £5 per day. God bless the NHS!!

Hope to be on here in a fuller capacity soon :-)

Oh and yes @Dimi, the nurse did ask me to fill a urine beaker but I thought twice to say to her "From here?" ;-)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited December 2013 Posts: 17,860
    Glad to hear from you again, @WillyGalore. Best place to be if you feel ill, I guess, though no-one enjoys being in hospital, especially not at Christmas anyhow. My thoughts and prayers are with you, friend. Get well soon!
    edited December 2013 Posts: 12,459
    That is good news about not needing surgery, @WillyGalore! And you seem to be in fine form. Hang in there thru the awful food. Hope to have you back home and more fully on board here again before Christmas. Cheers!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Good to know things are far better than they could have been @WillyGalore. I hope everything else goes well, see you online again soon!
    Oh and yes @Dimi, the nurse did ask me to fill a urine beaker but I thought twice to say to her "From here?" ;-)

:)
    Hopefully being discharged tomorrow or Monday. My arm's got more track marks than a bleedin extra in Trainspotting and the amount of drugs flowing through my veins right now would make even Lance Armstrong blush. See you all very soon (in the figurative sense obviously) :)
    Hopefully being discharged tomorrow or Monday. My arm's got more track marks than a bleedin extra in Trainspotting and the amount of drugs flowing through my veins right now would make even Lance Armstrong blush. See you all very soon (in the figurative sense obviously) :)

Glad to hear it, @WillyGalore - out in time for Christmas! And I'm glad to see that your talent for wit is undented!
    Got back from hospital yesterday evening. So glad to be home. Currently laid up on the sofa with a bucket by my side, on account of all the antibiotics in me making me slightly queezy.

Thank you all so much for your kind words of support. Means a hell of a lot to me. :-)
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Glad am I to see you back.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Good to see you back, Willy, and that all is well.
    Thank you @Mrcoggins and @0Brady :-)
    Great to see you back, Willy. Just take it easy for a while. :)
    Many thanks as always Draggers
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Welcome back, Willy. ;-)
    Thank you @Dimi
    Thanks for the good news Willy. You've made my day. Welcome back.
    "o-kai-ree!" (that's the way I spell it); it means, essentially: "Welcome back!" dear Willy.
    Rest, enjoy yourself as much as you can, rest some more, and I hope you have a comfortable and very happy Christmas!
    Thank you both @Samuel001 and @4EverBonded :-)
    Get well soon willy! You are a big part of this forum! No pun intended! ;)
    Been gone for such a long time now. But my laptop has been fixed. Soooo...I'm back, baby!

Welcome back. Nice to see you @sharkbait.
  • Made a return after a difficult last few weeks. Participation may be limited, things can never be how they once were, most likely get involved here and there, but not as frequent as once before. The Guess the Character round is now active once again, and apologize for any hold-up despite recent circumstances. Will try to participate as and when able. However I feel personally, take this opportunity to wish all MI6 members an eventful new year and hope that you enjoyed the recent holiday period