Going away or coming back?

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Benny wrote:
    Well my friends, I'm taking the wife on a trip for our anniversary and will be out of town.
    Should be back Monday.
    Stay out of trouble, be safe. See you soon.

I hope you two have a great time. Come back to us safe and sound.
    Best with your post hospital recovery @willygalore!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited January 2014 Posts: 23,634
    You show the lady a good time, @Benny! :-)

@WillyGalore: Come back in one piece, you hear. ;-)
    DarthDimi wrote:
    You show the lady a good time, @Benny! :-)

@WillyGalore: Come back in one piece, you hear. ;-)

My hospital stay was before Xmas. I'm going nowhere for a while :-)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    That's what I thought! Good show, Willy. Keep eating plenty of broccoli and oatmeal, eh? :)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Enjoy your trip, @Benny.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Aaaaaannnnnnnddd we're back. Had a wonderful few days in Melbourne. Dining, shopping and Bonding.
    Good to be back, lots to catch up on, and something to share as well.
    Benny wrote:
    Aaaaaannnnnnnddd we're back. Had a wonderful few days in Melbourne. Dining, shopping and Bonding.
    Good to be back, lots to catch up on, and something to share as well.

Happy to hear, looking forward to hearing more and it's nice to have you back.
    I didn't reported my "going away" but I haven't written for some time and just wanted to say that "I never left". The thing is we had nation elections in my country and that means a lot of work for us Political Scientists.
    I hope the discussion are running interestingly and I soon will be participating more.
  • saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    Hello chaps, @saunders here, reporting back for active service. I've had a few months much needed sabbatical from the world of 007, I'm afraid I'd reached that point of having nothing interesting or witty to post regarding Bond (though many would argue that I had reached that point 956 posts ago without it much troubling me!).
    It's been rather refreshing to have a Bond-obsession free lifestyle, but I'm now ready to slowly dip my toe back into the forum, so here I am, tuxedo on, walther strapped under my left armpit, vodka martini with thinly sliced lemon peel at my side, sucking greedily on a handmade three gold bar morland placed between my lips, a thick black comma of hair falling over my right eyebrow, my blue-grey eyes narrow and watchful, with a hint of anger above my rather cruel mouth and a desperate desire to be rather rude about Bulgarians...
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Welcome back chaps. You've all the hallmarks of our beloved 007 there, @saunders, including casual racism! ;-)
    I'm kind of half back at the moment. Got a terrible case of Shingles which means I currently have one eye swollen shut. I look like an extra from Outbreak!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I'm kind of half back at the moment. Got a terrible case of Shingles which means I currently have one eye swollen shut. I look like an extra from Outbreak!

Great well soon, @WillyGalore. Shingles is a terrible thing.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator

All the best from me as well and I'm sure everyone else here.

Have you suffered with conditions like this for a long time?
    It seems to be a bit of bad luck piled on me all in one go!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I hope you come through the other side soon. No one deserves that hanging over their head.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Get well soon, Willy. Shingles is a nasty bugger to deal with. My grandmother had it and she said she'd rather have another open heart surgery than experience the pain Shingles brings on again.
    @WillyGalore, hang in there mate. And remember, a visit here is half a cure by itself.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Didn t Roger Moore have that as well? Good luck on Tuesday, @Willy Galore!
    Oh I am sorry to hear about shingles, Willy! Take care, and enjoy our site when you can. I am getting a vaccine to protect against shingles soon, actually. I had chickenpox in first grade so I am really susceptible.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Maybe I am wrong about Roger Moore suffering from that, but I had it a few years ago, and next to pneumonia it was the worst aches I had. So sympathy from me!
    Well wishes and a quick recovery to you, Willy!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Get well soon Willy. :)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    @WillyGalore Sorry to hear this, buddy. Hope you make a speedy recovery.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    All the best to ya @WillyGalore . Hopefully you're back feeling 100% soon.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    We love ya Willy!
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 6,396
    Thanks for the support guys and girls. I'd upload a photo of how I look but I don't want to put you off your breakfast ;-)

My pre-surgical assessment has been put back two months now because of my contagion.
    Let me tell you people about Willy.
    Willy is indestructible.
    Willy is a deity. Zeus allowed him to reside on Mount Olympus because of one very unique talent. All women know this. They don't even call him 'big Willy' anymore because big doesn't even begin to describe the truth behind said talent.
    So I'm not worried. You see, you can't destroy or even harm Willy. There's only one thing absolute in nature; Willy's healing factor. It's huge, like Einstein's intellect. It's persistent, like our worst trolls. It's legendary, like Star Wars.
    All hail Willy!
    So, Willy, get well soon. I know you can, because I'm a Williever. *performs secret hand signal*
    By the way, I did consider having you tattooed on my body, but my body isn't big enough to capture your full awesomeness.

:-)
    Thanks @Dimi. That's cheered me up no end. :-) :\">
    edited February 2014 Posts: 12,459
    Please do take your time, Willy. Come back when you really feel up to it. We shall be waiting with open arms. :)

(Dimi, you simply have no more room beside your Dalton tattoos, and you know it. )