Going away or coming back?

Comments

I'm off to London tomorrow until Sunday, really looking forward to doing nothing except eating good fish n' chips, meeting up with a couple of fellow MI6:ers, having pints and good fun for a few days!

IMG_7869_crop.jpg

Meanwhile, you stay safe, and behave ;)

ooooh that sounds and looks like heaven!!! Room for one more!!! ;)
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    I'm off to London tomorrow until Sunday, really looking forward to doing nothing except eating good fish n' chips, meeting up with a couple of fellow MI6:ers, having pints and good fun for a few days!

IMG_7869_crop.jpg

Meanwhile, you stay safe, and behave ;)

My regards to @St George, @Dubster,@Dusty,@BlakeWho and @Rummy!
  • RikRik Southend
    Feels good to be back. What have I missed in the last few months? Any major news?
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Rik wrote:
    Feels good to be back. What have I missed in the last few months? Any major news?

Just the usual troll attacks in the strange and startling news update. They're still here in fact, but the mods are writing their obits currently.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    My regards to @St George, @Dubster,@Dusty,@BlakeWho and @Rummy!
    I did meet up with St George and Dubster, Rossy. Good stuff :)
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Cool!! I have no doubt you've had a great time then! Welcome back!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Welcome back, @DiscoVolante! :-)
    I've got to take a break, at least for the next few weeks. Work will be getting more demanding for the rest of year. I hope to do a mini Bondathon over the Holiday break though if possible and join back in the discussions in the New Year. Hopefully we'll have some B24 news then...until then, Season's Greetings fellow mi6-ers :)>-
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    See you around, @JBFan626, and have a Merry Christmas.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @JBFan626, Happy Holidays to you and I hope the rest of the year treats you well!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Have a lovely holiday time, JBFan626! Look forward to your return here later.
  • Tomorrow will be my fathers funeral, and to be honest, I've just been trying to keep things together. Sometimes I just can't even think straight or make simple decisions anymore, as the last forty-five minutes have demonstrated. Stupid - damn stupid

It's imperative I need some time away as I've just lost a certain feeling or sense of direction and until events have died down, or become more organized, I feel at a complete loss sometimes

Could be days, could be weeks, could be anytime, but all I know is, I got to learn to focus on what is really important - and it's not on these pages

Got a lot of built up emotion I haven't been able to release, maybe the time tomorrow could be the opportunity to finally realize circumstances

Maybe I already realized something else this night, but I got to get things together. Ask a favor and keep the Guess the Character round on hold for a short time - it would be a shame to let all the hard work gone into it, go to waste now, because of unfortunate events
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Hang in there, @Baltimore_007. Take the time you need to get things together, but just know that we are all here for you if you need someone to talk to. Till you grace the forums again, take care. :)>-
    Take as much time as you need, @Baltimore_007. We do understand your need to take some time off form here. Please take good care of yourself and come back when you are ready.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    You have my deepest sympathy. The loss of a loved one is a terrible blow, it takes time to reconcile with it. You are right, Bond is irrelevant and not the slightest important, but I see that you have some good friends here who genuinely care for you, and that matters. I have not been around here much, but you seem to be a sympathetic dude. I hope you return here, whenever you feel for it.
    I know about loss, I lost my wife two years ago today. She was only 33, and I would have traded with her if I could, as I am twelve years older. I still think of her every single day, but the pain is not there so often anymore. All the best wishes for your whole family, friend.
  • You have my deepest sympathy. The loss of a loved one is a terrible blow, it takes time to reconcile with it. You are right, Bond is irrelevant and not the slightest important, but I see that you have some good friends here who genuinely care for you, and that matters. I have not been around here much, but you seem to be a sympathetic dude. I hope you return here, whenever you feel for it.
    I know about loss, I lost my wife two years ago today. She was only 33, and I would have traded with her if I could, as I am twelve years older. I still think of her every single day, but the pain is not there so often anymore. All the best wishes for your whole family, friend.

It gets better, friends. Next year at this time will be the Ten Year Anniversary of the passing of the late and much beloved Mrs. SansEarmuffs. Two days before Thanksgiving it was...and our wonderful pooch, Bowser SansEarmuffs, went down shortly after the dawning of the following year. That was one wretched holiday season, I must confess! I'm here to tell one & all, it gets better with time, and with the support of friends. Be well, all, and to those of us in the good ol' US of A, Happy Thanksgiving! Good times are always on the way...
    Good luck to you, you're in my thoughts, @Baltimore_007. As always, if you need anything, please let me know. In time, things will be better.
    My thoughts go with you, @Baltimore_007!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    You have my deepest sympathy. The loss of a loved one is a terrible blow, it takes time to reconcile with it. You are right, Bond is irrelevant and not the slightest important, but I see that you have some good friends here who genuinely care for you, and that matters. I have not been around here much, but you seem to be a sympathetic dude. I hope you return here, whenever you feel for it.

It gets better, friends. Next year at this time will be the Ten Year Anniversary of the passing of the late and much beloved Mrs. SansEarmuffs. Two days before Thanksgiving it was...and our wonderful pooch, Bowser SansEarmuffs, went down shortly after the dawning of the following year. That was one wretched holiday season, I must confess! I'm here to tell one & all, it gets better with time, and with the support of friends. Be well, all, and to those of us in the good ol' US of A, Happy Thanksgiving! Good times are always on the way...

On behalf of not only myself and Baltimore, but everyone here who have lost someone, thank you for your kind words. Death sucks, but it grasps us all in the end. Probably.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Just came here to say that I'll probably be away for a while. I'm on vacation and decided to take a leave for a while. If I'm not back before, I wish you all a Merry Christmas! See you again soon ;)
    Sandy wrote:
    Just came here to say that I'll probably be away for a while. I'm on vacation and decided to take a leave for a while. If I'm not back before, I wish you all a Merry Christmas! See you again soon ;)

I extend the same seasonal greetings to you, dear @Sandy. Don't leave us too long, my sweet. :)
    You will be missed, @Sandy. But do have fun, by all means.
    Have a warm and wonderful vacation, @Sandy! Enjoy family, friends, Christmas, life. We shall be here when you return.
    I know some of us will be watching Sherlock together simultaneously, even in different countries. ;) Take care and come back when you are ready. Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Sandy wrote:

I extend the same seasonal greetings to you, dear @Sandy. Don't leave us too long, my sweet. :)
    DarthDimi wrote:
    You will be missed, @Sandy. But do have fun, by all means.
    Have a warm and wonderful vacation, @Sandy! Enjoy family, friends, Christmas, life. We shall be here when you return.
    I know some of us will be watching Sherlock together simultaneously, even in different countries. ;) Take care and come back when you are ready. Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!

I concur. Take care, @Sandy.
    Sandy wrote:

I hope you enjoy yourself as much as possible. Have a beautiful time, Sandy!!
    Well after 3 weeks of severe abdominal pain and being doped.up to the eyeballs on morphine, im finally being admitted to hospital for surgery. I hope to be out before Xmas. Don't fancy having turkey roll in here!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited December 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Best of luck @WillyGalore. I'm sure everything will go OK and it's great you could be out before Christmas. I'll be thinking of you.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Well after 3 weeks of severe abdominal pain and being doped.up to the eyeballs on morphine, im finally being admitted to hospital for surgery. I hope to be out before Xmas. Don't fancy having turkey roll in here!

So sorry to hear that A your not well B you have to be a guest of the N H S !!
    I do hope that your feeling better by Christmas take care of yourself
    One thing to remember when you are in a hospital
    If someone approaches you with a large syringe be sure you ask them if they are a friend or an enema !, good luck mate yours Coggins.
    edited December 2013 Posts: 17,864

Take care dear @WillyGalore. I hope you get out in good time for Christmas. Hope all goes well for you in hospital and that your health problem is fixed. :)

--Dragonpol.

Good luck, my friend, and Merry Christmas to you if you don't make it out of the hospital in time!