Going away or coming back?

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited September 2013 Posts: 17,813
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Wow, I had no idea that was you @Dragonpol. I'm very sorry to hear this and don't really wish to know the details of how and why it all came about but I, for one, am glad to have you back.

You bring a lot to this forum, don't ever forget that.

I'll try not to forget that, @Samuel001! I've learned my lesson and won't be playing away ever again! Thank you for your kind words of encouragement.
  • oo7oo7
    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/hSyk0jmBx6s?hl=en_GB&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/hSyk0jmBx6s?hl=en_GB&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
    until I find some real news to report I'm going dark
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Well, some may have noticed I haven't been around much, and it's going to be less. I'll be off air for probably a week or two, if not more. But it's all in good standing, as the sole reason is that I've bought a house this morning and thus no internet nor time to be on it.

Ciao!
  • retrokittyretrokitty The Couv
    Congrats on the house, CommanderRoss. Looking forward to seeing some pics.... maybe even a Christmas tree this season?
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Good luck with the new house @CommanderRoss!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Well, some may have noticed I haven't been around much, and it's going to be less. I'll be off air for probably a week or two, if not more. But it's all in good standing, as the sole reason is that I've bought a house this morning and thus no internet nor time to be on it.

Ciao!

Congratulations! That's great news. Take all the time you need getting settled in, and we hope to see you back someday soon.
    I've been off for a couple of days as I've been on a mission in Station B - Bogotá.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Glad you are back safe and sound, 0013.
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 1,817
    Glad you are back safe and sound, 0013.

Thank you, @4EverBonded, but actually I'm still on the field but the mission is accomplished and I'm just having a drink at the hotel.
    edited September 2013 Posts: 12,459
    Mojito? Creasy just reminded me how good those are.

I have a dear college friend in Bogota (born and grew up there, but she went to college in the U.S.); she has told me how truly dangerous it is. Take care.
    There are some very intriguing members here on MI6 Community and you are certainly chief amongst them, @0013!
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    @Sandy and @Creasy thanks!
    @Kitty well who knows... life is improving as it seems I'm rolling into a relationship as well... These are truly good times and I'm feeling increadably lucky right now! Even my return here is faster then I expected as my neighbours allow me to use their wifi until my own Internet is installed....
    Well, I don't have many pics myself, but for as long as it's online this link will show you the house and pics:
    http://www.funda.nl/koop/verkocht/haarlem/appartement-48599984-byzantiumstraat-11-zwart/

There's still a lot to do here, but most of it will only be picked up in November. But who knows.... when December comes my house might be in order and the by-then-girlfriend might want me to put up a christmastree... ;-)
  • retrokittyretrokitty The Couv
    Wow, @CommanderRoss... That looks great! What huge windows. Looks like a sweet area too. Congrats. And glad the wifi is sorted. :)
    retrokitty wrote:
    Wow, @CommanderRoss... That looks great! What huge windows. Looks like a sweet area too. Congrats. And glad the wifi is sorted. :)

Thanks @Kitty! Yes, it's rather large for a man on his own, 80m2. I come from a 20m2 room with a shared bathroom. It's at walking distance to the city centre and 10 min by bike to the train station.. It also has a 30m2 garden at the back. I have the downstairs appartment, so no stairs. I really, really love it!
    Dragonpol wrote:
    There are some very intriguing members here on MI6 Community and you are certainly chief amongst them, @0013!

That's a little bit excessive...
    0013 wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:

That's a little bit excessive...

Well you do appear to be a spy or something...

• saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    I'm going to be leaving the site for an extended Bond sabbatical, if in my absence, someone would be kind enough to make occasional disparaging remarks regarding Raymond Benson it would be very much appreciated! ;)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    See you soon @saunders. I'm sure they'll be some news on your return.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @saunders, take care and we look forward to your return!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Until we speak again, I wish you nothing but the best, @saunders. Your words about me in the Friday Salute were nothing short of heart-warming, and I reciprocate them. :)
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 7,653
    retrokitty wrote:

Thanks @Kitty! Yes, it's rather large for a man on his own, 80m2. I come from a 20m2 room with a shared bathroom. It's at walking distance to the city centre and 10 min by bike to the train station.. It also has a 30m2 garden at the back. I have the downstairs appartment, so no stairs. I really, really love it!

Gefeliciteerd met je nieuw optrekje it looks very nice. :!!
    May I wish you well on your break, @saunders. Have a nice time away.
    See you soon @saunders and take care!
    Don't be gone too long, dear @Saunders!
    I hope you get to do another Bond location jaunt while you are away from here.
    :)
    Thanks @SaintMark! and @Saunders, see you soon!
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 18
    Removed by a moderator
    Apparently one of my posts has been flagged for poking fun at a troll? By an "annoyed member"? Well, much appreciated. Think I'll be taking a break from here for a few days, it was very upsetting to find out about this.

To whoever flagged me (and I don't wish to get their name, it's not important) I'm always around to inbox; I wish you could've messaged me, perhaps asked me to refrain from such posts or stated your issue with them before outright flagging me out of "annoyance" with me. I find that very insulting when I'm hardly the enemy here, nor the one to be annoyed with. I hate the spambots just as much as you do, but making a lighthearted post in response to one of them hardly seems cause for being flagged.

Again, I think I need a break. I'm upset by the circumstances of this situation, unfortunately, very hurt by it in fact. Perhaps I'm taking it more personally than most would but it's a fairly big deal to me. I want to be - and, I would say, thus far have been - nothing but productive in my contributions to these forums and to have a post flagged out of nowhere like this has, regretfully, made me feel as if I'm not. I'll be back at some point, I don't know when. Should I not be back by Tuesday, for the user appreciation thread that's when voting begins for Brady/Murdock's successor.
    @StirredNotShaken I think you might be overeacting. I would have PMed instead, but still, I don't think you should leave just because someone was overexcited to click the flag button. I hope you reconsider your decision and come back soon, I value your participation in this forum and I know I'm not alone in my opinion.
    I agree wholeheartedly, Sandy. Please come back very soon, @StirredNotShaken. You are a valued member.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I wouldn't be quick to flag a valued member for responding to a troll, however there are many members who find it annoying, especially since the 'ignore, flag, move on' system has been in effect.

Having said that, I hope you don't decide to leave, @StirredNotShaken. You've proven yourself to be a decent and engaging member around here.