Going away or coming back?

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Sandy wrote:
    Now I'm hopefully back for good, I finally have a proper internet connection at home. Good to be back!
    @Dragonpol please don't go away, I love your views on the books especially. Do what Nic said, there's no need to go away.
    I agree. @Dragonpol is bloody sharp and his insight will be missed if this is indeed his resignation from service.

Yesterday there was someone masquerading as me and spamming up the place with a mix Hitler based derogative and vulgarity, yet you don't see me going anywhere. A few Silvas in this world won't stop me from being the last rat standing when the chips are down. Bond has taught me now more than ever the importance of never giving up, no matter what challenges face you.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    @Dragonpol I for one would very much regret your leaving why not take a couple of days leave
    and enjoy a resurrection Regards Coggins.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I've contacted the mod DarthDimi by email to see if I can get the LALD thread back open again. But in the mean time, I've written a new post on Blofeld in DAF.

Thanks for all of your nice comments. Dragonpol's not giving up just yet. A bit of Craig Bond must've rubbed off on me. 8-X
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Dragonpol wrote:
    I've contacted the mod DarthDimi by email to see if I can get the LALD thread back open again. But in the mean time, I've written a new post on Blofeld in DAF.

Thanks for all of your nice comments. Dragonpol's not giving up just yet. A bit of Craig Bond must've rubbed off on me. 8-X

Good to see you back ;) I already commented on your new thread.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Thanks for all your support, Sandy. I think I've resurrected Dragonpol for a renewed phase of activity. ;)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Sandy wrote:
    @Sandy reporting for duty ;)

Thanks for the kind words @Samuel001, @DarthDimi, @JamesCraig and @thelivingroyale.

@JamesCraig, I agree with what you are saying and I felt like leaving the forum several times but as others said before me that is also a reason to stay.

Thank you for joining us again, @Sandy. We need strong women around here and besides, this place wouldn't be the same without you. :-)
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Sandy wrote:

Thanks for the kind words @Samuel001, @DarthDimi, @JamesCraig and @thelivingroyale.

@JamesCraig, I agree with what you are saying and I felt like leaving the forum several times but as others said before me that is also a reason to stay.

Thank you for joining us again, @Sandy. We need strong women around here and besides, this place wouldn't be the same without you. :-)

Thanks @DarthDimi, I feel flattered.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited March 2013 Posts: 28,694
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Sandy wrote:

Yes, I think I can speak for all of us when I say that @Sandy is hands down one of our favorite real life Bond girls. @};-
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Sandy wrote:

Yes, I think I can speak for all of us when I say that @Sandy is hands down one of our favorite real life Bond girls. @};-

:\"> Thanks!
  • ChristartosChristartos Banned
    Sandy wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Sandy wrote:

:\"> Thanks!

WELCOME BACK Sandy you are among friends here young little girl :)

Sorry for my bad english I am from columbia but have only speak 4 languages ;)

Let's make this the best community yet...post on my Robin Gibb boards or just have a bit of a laugh!
    Haven't been a young little girl for a long time @Christartos, but thanks nonetheless.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Apologies, everyone! My parents moved while I was away at college, and when I came to visit them for Spring Break, the internet wasn't working. Got everything fixed and situated today, and have been spending time getting filled in on the digital world ever since. 'The Wolverine' trailer looks amazing.

But, it's great to be back, and while I'm heading back to college tomorrow, I'll be on a lot more frequently in the near future. If anything exciting happened, would someone please fill me in? Thanks! Hope everyone had a nice Spring Break that had one.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Apologies, everyone! My parents moved while I was away at college, and when I came to visit them for Spring Break, the internet wasn't working. Got everything fixed and situated today, and have been spending time getting filled in on the digital world ever since. 'The Wolverine' trailer looks amazing.

But, it's great to be back, and while I'm heading back to college tomorrow, I'll be on a lot more frequently in the near future. If anything exciting happened, would someone please fill me in? Thanks! Hope everyone had a nice Spring Break that had one.
    @Pierceuhhh, @Christartos and @TOFANA007 have been silenced, at least for now.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, very, very good to hear.
    Welcome back @Creasy47, good to have you here.
    Sandy wrote:
    Welcome back @Creasy47, good to have you here.
    Indeed. You were missed, old chap. Nice to have you back with us. :)
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Welcome back @Creasy47 , always nice to see the return of a familiar face.
    Thanks for the kind words, everyone, it's great to see you all, as well.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I have has an internal conflict for quite a while. The conflict has been about if I'm going to stay here or not.
    Over the last year the tone of this place have been more rude and aggressive, we have been infected with trolls and whatsoever. But the general tone against eachother is the thing that really upsets me, how the Craig fans bashing against the non Craig fans. But not just that, there are in many subjects where people attacking each other on a daily basis. I'm tired of that.

But on the other hand, I've been around since 2005 first in the old forum and later on since day one on this place. And I have a great affection for it. Many members are really nice @0Brady @Creasy47 @Samuel001 just to name a few. And now when the Rumours for the next film are starting up it can be fun here.

So to sum it up, I don't know what I'm going to do!
    Please stay @MrBond! I have been feeling exactly the same struggle recently. That is part of the reason why I haven't been as active as I used to be. But I'm ready to be stubborn and linger in here. I hope you do as well.
    You've got to stay here, guys. We can't all agree on everything but that's the fun of it. The more aggressive tone and troll invading is something the mod team labours hard to fight but we need support from members like yourselves. So fight the good fight with us and meanwhile have fun! :-)
    I'll stay here @DarthDimi ;) even though I'm not having as much fun as I used to. Moreover I think the news will start rolling very soon and I want to be a part of it, as usual.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited March 2013 Posts: 13,350
    It is what you have it do - stick with it. I don't like the tone much sometimes, either but still visit, post and try to enjoy myself. Hopefully you can too @MrBond. If a new film is around the corner the mood will soon change and that's worth the wait at least, in my view, as then, most are happy - until the film is released. ;)
    @MrBond, it's always nice to have you on the boards, and I really hope you choose to stay. Just stick with it, fight through it, and try to focus on the good times we all have.
    I appreciate the kind words, @MrBond and I will reciprocate the feelings here: don't leave! I have heard many a great member here, most recently our dear @Baltimore_007 saying he was ready to fly the coop, and I must say it is devastating. It can be rough around here, what with trolls coming out from their bridges to pollute this place, but though they mess with the forum pages, don't let them mess with your head. If Bond has taught us anything, it is to keep pushing, no matter the challenges ahead, no matter how worn you are and no matter what dangers may follow you. If we give up, our enemies win. Bond has been onscreen for 50 years, and if he isn't stopping, neither am I!

700px-AllBonds.png
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited March 2013 Posts: 12,459
    Dear @MrBond, Baltimore_007, and several others I have not seen in a while - Our solid members who contribute, have fun with us, discuss things sometimes strongly but not rudely, share ideas, and make this forum great - please don't leave us!

The core group is what makes this forum worthwhile. It is the only forum I belong to. I don't want to see our numbers dwindling more. Most of us will try to make the unnecessary b.s. go away quicker, and yes the tone sometimes gets too pushy, or arrogant, or bashing (which I hate) ... but please, leaving solves nothing and puts a gaping hole in the foundation of this fine forum. It can be better, it can be stronger, it can be more fun again - please stay with us and stay the course. Do not yield to those negative forces that try to weaken our forum. Sometimes it feels like it isn't easy to stay, but let's stay Bonded here on this particular forum.

And on that note, I shamelessly quote Tennyson (from SF):

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Couldn't have said it better myself, lads! Thanks for keeping the forum such a wonderful place!
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Oh well, the response has been over whelming. And i have realized how much i love this place, so i will stay on!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Good, we want you here! Once more into the breach, dear @MrBond :)
    Very good to hear, @MrBond! And if you had left, I wouldn't get to admire that amazing display picture anymore.