Going away or coming back?

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Apologies for the few day absence, everyone; I returned to college and endured RA training once more, so I didn't get much of a chance to be on the forums. But, as classes are gearing up again this upcoming week, I'll be posting a lot more frequently than I did the end of this week!
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    I'm back. ;)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Welcome back, @JamesCraig! ;-)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    JamesCraig wrote:
    I'm back. ;)

You and I both know you never left. B-)
    JamesCraig wrote:
    I'm back. ;)

You and I both know you never left. B-)

Well... I shall admit it. B-)
    I was thinking of the old site yesterday. Apart from DanielBrosnan, Thrice & Largo's Shark, nothing but fond memories. Ah well, I'm getting old. =))
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    This is time for me to say farewell. I'm moving to a new flat tomorrow and will be away for a while sorting things out. I hope to be back soon :-h
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited February 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Me too, don't stay away too long if you can help it, Sandy.

See you on the other side. :)
    Sandy wrote:
    This is time for me to say farewell. I'm moving to a new flat tomorrow and will be away for a while sorting things out. I hope to be back soon :-h

You can't do that to me, dear @Sandy! I'll miss you.
  • See you soon @Sandy :)
    Sandy wrote:

And afterwards, are you ready to get back to work? [-(
    edited March 2013 Posts: 3,497
    My time here is over for good. Thx to some newbies who make the life of everybody who dares to like certain Bondmovies (including SF & LTK) miserable, while completely ignoring the criticims you have.

I said two times I miss the old site and someone called that bitching without a single warning. If that's the way you treat people who have been part of this community for 5 years or more, well fine. For the record: I have never received a ban. If I offended someone, I'll happily apologize. But this place has turned in to a kiddie imdb kind of site.

Farewell.
    @JamesCraig

Be a good sport, JC, and fight back. We need people who like SF and LTK. ;-) Complaining about the new forum is your good right but then why don't you effort, along with the rest of us, to make it a better place for you! I for one would hate to see you leave.
    @JamesCraig: Yes, please stick around! SF and LTK supporters are of the utmost importance! I myself am there with you! There are some wackos around who like to ignore the criticisms and simply fling their opinion in your face, but I think you'll find that anywhere you go. Hang tight!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    JamesCraig wrote:
    My time here is over for good. Thx to some newbies who make the life of everybody who dares to like certain Bondmovies (including SF & LTK) miserable, while completely ignoring the criticims you have.

I said two times I miss the old site and someone called that bitching without a single warning. If that's the way you treat people who have been part of this community for 5 years or more, well fine. For the record: I have never received a ban. If I offended someone, I'll happily apologize. But this place has turned in to a kiddie imdb kind of site.

Farewell.

Has Skyfall taught you nothing? Bond was beaten, battered, shot, torn at, cut, exhausted and broken, but did he stop because of it? No, he didn't, and I expect nothing less from you, my good sir.
    I agree with everything @JamesCraig has said but that gives me all the more reason to stay. I can't stand to see some of these "Bond fans" and their mindsets think that everybody thinks the same as they do. So please stay JamesCraig. We need more people like you
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Where are the days of the bandwagons, eh @JamesCraig? All I can say is, stick around and stay in a limited amount of threads, as I do too. Especially the Originals' is worth following. There's still too much niceness here to stay away (and you know it! ;-) )
    @Sandy reporting for duty ;)

Thanks for the kind words @Samuel001, @DarthDimi, @JamesCraig and @thelivingroyale.

@JamesCraig, I agree with what you are saying and I felt like leaving the forum several times but as others said before me that is also a reason to stay.
    @JamesCraig= "Agent down."
    Welcome back @Sandy :)
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    I can completely understand where @JamesCraig is coming from. I've been coming to this site for 11 years (!), and I'm not going to some oiks chase me away..

:)>-
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Going away. Might come back later. Way too much thread closing and accusations of thread duplicating that then prove to be false. Yes, this has in fact been said before. It remains true.
    edited March 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Going away. Might come back later. Way too much thread closing and accusations of thread duplicating that then prove to be false. Yes, this has in fact been said before. It remains true.

Here we go again... Bond has taught some of you nothing.
    edited March 2013 Posts: 17,809
    Dragonpol wrote:

Here we go again... Bond has taught some of you nothing.

Yes, but there are far too many threads being closed under duplication rules that are not duplicates in any way, shape or form. It is not conducive to good discussions here on MI6 to have so many perfectly good threads closed and all debate surrounding them stifled immediately. By their fruits ye shall know the moderators on here. It seems that the posts of the "What's Daniel Craig's favourite pizza topping?" variety are "in" at the minute. I'll know not to make the mistake of posting relevant content for discussion on MI6 again. The moderation on here has become very heavy handed in nature and I think that something needs to be done - it needs to be reigned in a bit before it's only the new kids on the block that are left...

Farewell for now, but not goodbye.

~O)
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 12,837
    I think the duplicate rule has gotten extremely harsh recently, EG- Somebody's fan story thread was closed down because there was a story thread started. I'd started plenty of threads for fan stories before (only reason I joined here at first, to get feedback on some of my ideas), and now apparently we can only have one thread for them. It's not like the fan creations section is flooded with them either, barely anybody writes them.

I think sometimes people go out of their way to find threads that are just slightly similar and then a thread gets unfairly closed.

Dragonpols thread today is another example. He started a thread about the deaths of the villians in Live And Let Die arguing against some people who said Bond killing lots of black villians was racist. It was closed because there was a memorable villian death thread. Apparently because his thread was about the deaths of villians it was duplicate but it was discussing something entirely different.

For some reason his thread wasn't allowed but Craig getting a new car is definetly worthy of it's own thread.

However, it's fine for admins to start duplicate threads apparently.

http://mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/4069/skyfall-official-clip-thread#Item_11

http://mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/4072/35-second-preview-of-skyfall-pre-titles-sequence/p1
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Dragonpols thread today is another example. He started a thread about the deaths of the villians in Live And Let Die arguing against some people who said Bond killing lots of black villians was racist. It was closed because there was a memorable villian death thread. Apparently because his thread was about the deaths of villians it was duplicate but it was discussing something entirely different.
    Yes, the heart of that topic was reasonably unique.
    Thanks for the support. My thread was unique. It seems that the moderators on here close a thread based on the thread title, but as they are moderators no-one else can close their duplicate threads. That being so, I won't be posting here again, unless in the very unlikely happenstance that things change here. I won't hold my breath on that one.

This time it's goodbye.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited March 2013 Posts: 13,350
    I quite agree, this shows the title of a thread and what the member chooses to name it is of key importance and worth thinking about for future use, folks.

So long, @Dragonpol.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Remember if you feel your thread shouldn't have been closed then PM the mod and you never know, we can reinstate it.
    Now I'm hopefully back for good, I finally have a proper internet connection at home. Good to be back!
    @Dragonpol please don't go away, I love your views on the books especially. Do what Nic said, there's no need to go away.