Feedback and Suggestions V2

Comments

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    You have to become part of the dark side of the Force to get that feature.

Worth it.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Does whatever system that powers this forum offer a dark mode? Would be nice to have white text on a black background. One of the few websites I visit now that has a bright white background.

I'd love one, I've wanted one for years.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Same. Let's get a dark mode petition going shall we? ;)
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Does whatever system that powers this forum offer a dark mode? Would be nice to have white text on a black background. One of the few websites I visit now that has a bright white background.

Who's in charge here? Maybe time to update the platform?
    edited May 2020 Posts: 40,372

Can't hurt to contact @MI6 and see if there are any updates or thoughts on the implementation of a dark mode.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    It's absolutely possible. They've set the color codes for the site in the stylesheet: https://www.mi6community.com/themes/mi6/design/custom.css?v=1.0
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    It happens to me whenever my computer gets too cold. The downside is that all photos look like negatives as well.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited May 2020 Posts: 13,879
    49922376927_a207370bff_k.jpg
    49922376892_c483e2db33_k.jpg

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/dark-night-mode/

Switches most of the internet to night mode in Firefox. Not to be confused with the 'dark web'. Once installed, in the top-right corner of the screen, you can switch night mode on and off, or change the brightness.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited August 2020 Posts: 17,728
    And there I thought I brought enough darkness here already.

Can't hurt to contact @MI6 and see if there are any updates or thoughts on the implementation of a dark mode.

I sent a message to that @MI6 account but it looks like it hasn’t been online in two months. Is there a better way to contact whoever admins the forum?
    Fair point, @NickTwentyTwo, I'll get back to you shortly.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    QBranch wrote: »

Switches most of the internet to night mode in Firefox. Not to be confused with the 'dark web'. Once installed, in the top-right corner of the screen, you can switch night mode on and off, or change the brightness.

@QBranch Looks fantastic! It also makes us look like AJB though...
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Hey, guys. I just noticed when I tried to use the image URL link above to post a photo it failed me. Is there a glitch?

What platform are you on? For some reason, it doesn't work with cellphones. So stupid.

@QBranch Looks fantastic! It also makes us look like AJB though...

Of course, the colors of our websites are interchangeable, aren't they, BMW? People won't know who we are. Just another fan site on their way to social media.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Of course, the colors of our websites are interchangeable, aren't they, BMW? People won't know who we are. Just another fan site on their way to social media.
    And still bungling in the dark.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The "dismiss" function on announcement threads-couldn t that be added to all threads? Once you inadvertently click on a thread, it gets tagged with a yellow sign with the number of new posts since last you visited that thread. This is very helpful when it comes to what threads have unread posts, but many of those are completely uninteresting. It would be easier to find what I am interested in if I could siphon out e.g. the football thread, the quote thread and so on.. Often you don t know what is interesting or not until you click on it. For others, there are surely other threads that have no interest and are just in the way. Those way back in older pages are no nuisance, only some of those that never stop although they should according to myself .

If you have to add it separately for every single thread, then I understand why it won t happen. I am no Bill Gates.( I mean computer whiz, not medical expert)

edited June 2020 Posts: 7,518
    The "dismiss" function on announcement threads-couldn t that be added to all threads? Once you inadvertently click on a thread, it gets tagged with a yellow sign with the number of new posts since last you visited that thread. This is very helpful when it comes to what threads have unread posts, but many of those are completely uninteresting. It would be easier to find what I am interested in if I could siphon out e.g. the football thread, the quote thread and so on.. Often you don t know what is interesting or not until you click on it. For others, there are surely other threads that have no interest and are just in the way. Those way back in older pages are no nuisance, only some of those that never stop although they should according to myself .

If you have to add it separately for every single thread, then I understand why it won t happen. I am no Bill Gates.( I mean computer whiz, not medical expert)

Or possibly a way to pin threads you like to the top of the forum? Then you can peruse new threads below for those you find interesting enough to add.

Seems like to implement features like this would be to move the entire community to a newer, more modern and feature rich forum hosting service.

Maybe one that includes a dark mode option. ;)
    just trying to login with my Facebook account using Google Chrome and there is a problem with this site when doing that.

Anyone else had this issue?
  • marcmarc Universal Exports
    Hi, I don't have the same problem, but after I have submitted my password in Chrome, I'm not yet logged in. Only after pressing F5.
    Possibly a similar problem.
    There's a lot of spammers popping up here and on the activity page lately.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    There's a lot of spammers popping up here and on the activity page lately.

Sadly they're always with us @QBranch not a lot we can do to stop it unfortunately.
    We try to be on top of it as quickly as possible. But appreciate the flags and pm's to alert us.
    edited November 2020 Posts: 13,879
    Benny wrote: »
    But appreciate the flags and pm's to alert us.
    We operate in the shadows.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Many members stay vigilant. That's very helpful! So yes, thank you, we appreciate that.
    Benny wrote: »
    But appreciate the flags and pm's to alert us.
    We operate in the shadows.

Batman? :-S
    More like Silva, minus the grudge.

I posted here, mainly because I saw four spammers in a row on the activity page, and we are unable to flag them there. Some never intend to post on the threads.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    I hope someone that is an 'admin' sees this. I cannot change my email add or anything on my profile; i get 'Usernames must be 3-20 characters and consist of letters, numbers, and underscores.' I've written to "MI6" admin but no reply. I don't see a listing of admins anywhere. Can someone help?
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Although we are aware of your problem @=bg= we (mods) can only refer it on to the admin team. And of course you have also gone down that route. Sorry my friend we will try and help as best we can.
    edited May 2021 Posts: 13,879
    51163538982_8df654b8ac_o.png
    N72C54.gif

Dear admin, thanks for saving my weekend!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Great to see MI6 back ! Sure going down sounds good, But not always
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Great to see MI6 back ! Sure going down sounds good, But not always

You should always be relaxed. Though in some situations, it’s really hard.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Always remember the old I.T saying on tech issues ....

" Never Ram your Hard drive in to other's Bits " ;)