Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Here's hoping it shatters expectations.

With any luck, it will break the mold.

And be reflective of Shyamalan's passion for storytelling.

Etc. etc. ;)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited October 2018 Posts: 15,690
    World War Z 2 confirmed to start production in June 2019, with David Fincher directing and Brad Pitt reprising the lead role.

https://screenrant.com/world-war-z-2-production-start-2019/

----

Netflix adds another upcoming film in its schedule: The Laundromat.

Plot: Follows a group of journalists who take part in unearthing 11.5 million files, linking the world's most powerful political figures to secret banking accounts to avoid taxes: the Panama Papers scandal.

Director: Steven Soderbergh

Cast: Gary Oldman, Meryl Streep, Antonio Banderas.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @bondjames @DarthDimi @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin @doubleoego @MajorDSmythe

First trailer for The Night Comes For Us, starring Iko Uwais:

----

That Music at the end of the Apostle Trailer would fit well into a Bond film.
    First poster for the South Korean political thriller Sovereign Default Day:

Sovereign_Defaults_Day_tp00.jpg

The plot: Set during the International Monetary Fund crisis in 1997, one week before South Korea goes under sovereign default.

Starring France's very own Vincent Cassel as the IMF managing-director.

Tom Cruise, 56 years old, on the set of Top Gun: Maverick :

5xdiveqz2fr11.jpg
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I like his high heels. He and Stallone must go shopping for footwear together.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    peter wrote: »
    I like his high heels. He and Stallone must go shopping for footwear together.

Lmao brutal
    Reminder: New trailer for Glass and the first trailer for Aladdin coming later today.

aladdin_xlg.jpg
  • conradhankersconradhankers Underground
    World War Z 2 confirmed to start production in June 2019, with David Fincher directing and Brad Pitt reprising the lead role.

https://screenrant.com/world-war-z-2-production-start-2019/

----

Netflix adds another upcoming film in its schedule: The Laundromat.

Plot: Follows a group of journalists who take part in unearthing 11.5 million files, linking the world's most powerful political figures to secret banking accounts to avoid taxes: the Panama Papers scandal.

Director: Steven Soderbergh

Cast: Gary Oldman, Meryl Streep, Antonio Banderas.

Will he film it on an iphone?

First teaser for Claire Denis' sci-fi film High Life:

Starring: Robert Pattinson & Juliette Binoche

The plot: A group of criminals are sent on an alternative energy finding mission in space.
  • Tom Cruise rides a motorbike? Well now I've seen it all.
    octofinger wrote: »
    Tom Cruise rides a motorbike? Well now I've seen it all.

Have we seen him driving a go-kart? :))
    New picture of Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio on set of Tarantino's Once Upon A Time In Hollywood:

43643983_318807962003727_8711375157366620160_n.jpg
    Most hyped film of 2019 for me. I love Unbreakable and Split.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Tom Cruise, 56 years old, on the set of Top Gun: Maverick :

5xdiveqz2fr11.jpg
    The legend himself looking great as usual. This photo could have been taken 30 years ago. Loving the Cuban heel boots too.
    New picture of Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio on set of Tarantino's Once Upon A Time In Hollywood:

These guys should hook up with Cruise for a film. All greats as far as I'm concerned.
    Now this is one enticing trailer! I'm fully stoked for the film.
    @bondjames Did you check out the trailer for Clint Eastwood's The Mule? It's in one of the posts on the thread's previous page.
    @bondjames Did you check out the trailer for Clint Eastwood's The Mule? It's in one of the posts on the thread's previous page.
    @DaltonCraig007 thanks, I missed that. Clint hasn't lost a step and his screen charisma is as strong as ever. I can't wait to check the film out in December.

One of the few upcoming films I'm really, really looking forward too!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Glass is one of the must-see movies for me.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2018 Posts: 23,376

As soon as I saw that Guy Ritchie was directing...
    I wouldn´t be too scared of Guy Ritchie, but there´s a lot written About Songs... *shudder*
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I like some of Ritchie's films, not a fan of Disney so much it, seems a very odd pairing.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    I am very happy the composer is same as original 1992 movie and i hope it deliever enough money so that we get Aladdin 2 in 2023 atleast.

I think the promotion and the screentime will be very inportent. Besides the humor and the songs.

Liam Neeson has signed on for the lead role in the heist drama The Honest Thief.

The plot: Career bank robber Tom Carter (Neeson) meets the love his life Annie (Kate Walsh), who works at the front desk of a storage facility where he hid $7 million in stolen loot. They fall head over heels and he resolves to wipe the slate clean by turning himself in. When the case is turned over to a crooked FBI agent, everything becomes far more dangerous and difficult.

https://deadline.com/2018/10/liam-neeson-kate-walsh-the-honest-thief-movie-mark-williams-1202481564/

----

Full trailer for the sci-fi film High Life:

• mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Liam Neeson has signed on for the lead role in the heist drama The Honest Thief.

The plot: Career bank robber Tom Carter (Neeson) meets the love his life Annie (Kate Walsh), who works at the front desk of a storage facility where he hid $7 million in stolen loot. They fall head over heels and he resolves to wipe the slate clean by turning himself in. When the case is turned over to a crooked FBI agent, everything becomes far more dangerous and difficult.

https://deadline.com/2018/10/liam-neeson-kate-walsh-the-honest-thief-movie-mark-williams-1202481564/

Ooh, I love the premise. And the title!
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    mattjoes wrote: »

Ooh, I love the premise. And the title!
    Likewise. Intriguing for sure. Liam always delivers in these sorts of roles.