Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

Looking forward to this.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Looks better than the previous adapatation.
    “Play dead!...... BE DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    First teaser for the South Korean thriller Sovereign Default's Day:

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited October 2018 Posts: 15,690
    @bondjames @DarthDimi @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin @doubleoego @MajorDSmythe

8a8qvmay1js11.jpg

----

Death on the Nile starring Kenneth Branagh, Gal Gadot and Armie Hammer pushed back to October 2020.
    Ad Astra starring Brad Pitt, Tommy Lee Jones and Donald Sutherland pushed back to May 2019.

----

----

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited October 2018 Posts: 23,883
    Death on the Nile starring Kenneth Branagh, Gal Gadot and Armie Hammer pushed back to October 2020.
    I'm frankly surprised this got pushed back because I thought they had Pinewood locked before B25 takes over next year.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    bondjames wrote: »
    I'm frankly surprised this got pushed back because I thought they had Pinewood locked before B25 takes over next year.

Yeah and nearly a year too. I thought the bond delay was bad enough.

Is this a new thing with studios I mean the new IJ was delayed by a year, top gun 2 was delayed. Is this just a symptom of studios not know what they are doing or what
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Disney has them all confused. :))
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I just came across this, thought it was a fake trailer, but apparently it's a fan film:

Nicole Kidman is on fire in this. Crazy intense. I definitely have to check this out.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    A Mike Leigh movie about a well-known (in Manchester anyway) event of the Regency :

@bondjames @Creasy47 @DarthDimi @doubleoego @MajorDSmythe @ClarkDevlin

Sylvester Stallone has confirmed his next 2 projects: Samaritan and Hunter.

Samaritan is described as ''a dark, fresh take on the superhero genre''

Hunter centers on Nathaniel Hunter, whose hyper-tracking skills are employed to hunt down a raging beast, a half-human terror created by a renegade agency that is threatening to wreak havoc of civilization.

Stallone will play the lead role in both films.
    Hunter sounds interesting to me & I can readily see Stallone in the role.

I'm curious about Samaritan. It's an intriguing premise for sure.

Good to see Sly taking on new projects.
  • peterpeter Toronto

Hunter centers on Nathaniel Hunter, whose hyper-tracking skills are employed to hunt down a raging beast, a half-human terror created by a renegade agency that is threatening to wreak havoc of civilization.

I seem to remember a few years ago, when Rambo V was "in development", one of the potential stories was about a raging hybrid beast that Rambo was to hunt down... It raised some eyebrows at the time since Rambo was treading in sci-fi territory. I'm thinking this new HUNTER film will also be produced by Avi Lerner and was lifted from the Rambo pitch. Interesting.......

Mel Gibson's next directorial effort will start production in Spring 2019: the WW2 film Destroyer.

The USS Laffey, which survived an intense kamikaze attack during the Battle of Okinawa in 1945. The crew of USS Laffey withstood an attack that included four bomb hits and six kamikaze planes crashing into the ship, setting the destroyer ablaze.

Mark Wahlberg is in negotiations for the lead role.
    @DaltonCraig007 thanks. I'm there on day one. They had me at Vera, but the rest of the cast ain't bad either.
    That Liam Neeson film looks very formulaic to me.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    That´s probably why so many People look Forward to it ;-).

peter wrote: »

I seem to remember a few years ago, when Rambo V was "in development", one of the potential stories was about a raging hybrid beast that Rambo was to hunt down... It raised some eyebrows at the time since Rambo was treading in sci-fi territory. I'm thinking this new HUNTER film will also be produced by Avi Lerner and was lifted from the Rambo pitch. Interesting.......
    Good for them if it was like that. This way, they can use the more sci-fi pitch, while at the same time keeping Rambo in more realistic Terrain. And we the audience get the Chance of two films instead of one :-).

• peterpeter Toronto
    boldfinger wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    That´s probably why so many People look Forward to it ;-).

peter wrote: »

Good for them if it was like that. This way, they can use the more sci-fi pitch, while at the same time keeping Rambo in more realistic Terrain. And we the audience get the Chance of two films instead of one :-).

Yes, I re-read the article from DL yesterday: Stallone was going to use the story line for Rambo. Now he’s just going to make the film. He’s a smart cookie, that man.
    @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @doubleoego @DarthDimi

Jeffrey Wright, Matthias Schoenarts and James Cromwell join Antonio Banderas, Gary Oldman and Meryl Streep in Steven Soderbergh’s true story thriller The Laundromat.
    Jeffrey Wright, Matthias Schoenarts and James Cromwell join Antonio Banderas, Gary Oldman and Meryl Streep in Steven Soderbergh’s true story thriller The Laundromat.
    That's an amazing cast and director there. I'm very much looking forward to this.
    @bondjames @doubleoego @ClarkDevlin @DarthDimi @MajorDSmythe

The first trailer for Cold Pursuit (previously: Hard Powder), the new Liam Neeson revenge flick, will drop next week.

The plot: A snowplow driver seeks revenge against the drug dealers he thinks killed his son. Based on the 2014 Norwegian film 'In Order of Disappearance'.

----

Yet another formulaic Neeson vehicle.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    [quote="DaltonCraig007;926753"
    The first trailer for Cold Pursuit (previously: Hard Powder), the new Liam Neeson revenge flick, will drop next week.

The plot: A snowplow driver seeks revenge against the drug dealers he thinks killed his son. Based on the 2014 Norwegian film 'In Order of Disappearance'.

----

[/quote]

Haven t seen it, but this is the original.
    Jungle Cruise, the upcoming action/adventure film with Dwayne Johnson & Emily Blunt and directed by Jaume Collet-Serra, has been pushed back from October 2019 to July 24, 2020.
    @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @doubleoego @DarthDimi

Robert Patrick is now onboard The Laundromat as well.

ap-556791189852-ada403df2cae88071529756cd060bd22d47a5b0f-s800-c85.jpg
    @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @doubleoego @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin @Creasy47

Tom Cruise confirms Hans Zimmer will be on soundtrack duties for Top Gun: Maverick, in collaboration with Harold Faltermeyer (who did the score for the previous 1986 outing).

----

English-subtitled trailer for the South Korean thriller Default, about the 1997 Asian financial crisis:

----

Official synopsis for the live-action Pokemon: Detective Pikachu, starring Ryan Reynolds:

The story begins when ace private eye Harry Goodman goes mysteriously missing, prompting his 21-year-old son Tim to find out what happened. Aiding in the investigation is Harry’s former Pokémon partner, Detective Pikachu: a hilariously wise-cracking, adorable super-sleuth who is a puzzlement even to himself. Finding that they are uniquely equipped to communicate with one another, Tim and Pikachu become reluctant partners on a thrilling adventure to unravel the tangled mystery. Chasing clues together through the neon-lit streets of Ryme City—a sprawling, modern metropolis where humans and Pokémon live in partnership in a hyper-realistic live-action world—they encounter a diverse cast of Pokémon characters and uncover a shocking plot that could destroy this peaceful co-existence and threaten the whole Pokémon universe.

The film is coming on the big screen in May 2019.