Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @DarthDimi @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @ClarkDevlin @doubleoego @Creasy47

First look at Tom Hanks as Mr Rogers in the yet untitled biopic on the television host Fred Rogers, set to be released on October 18, 2019:

nm1oqd4awto11.jpg
    The reason they couldn't put together a third Holmes film was because of the constant script changes that many parties weren't satisfied with, from the recurring cast members to the suits up in the tower to those responsible with the creative departments. Besides, Robert Downey Jr's schedule book was full of Marvel-related appointments.
    Guess that most of the issues are sorted now that it looks like SH 3 is set for a 2020 release?
    Yes, I'd reckon so.

Certainly looking forward to another SH film. The first two were highly entertaining.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    @bondjames First trailer for Vice, the Dick Cheney biopic directed by Adam McKay (The Big Short) and starring Christian Bale in the lead role, will drop on October 3rd (next Wednesday).
    Thanks for this @DaltonCraig007. I'm well overdue for my fix of political intrigue (the upcoming November release of The Front Runner will help to satiate it a little though), and so shall anxiously be looking out for the trailer.

I don't know who Fred Rogers is, but I'm sure it will be great given Hanks is in it.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited September 2018 Posts: 15,690
    A PG-13 version of Deadpool 2 confirmed for a big screen relase on December 21, 2018.
    Alita: Battle Angel delayed from December 21, 2018 to February 14, 2019.
    X Men: Dark Phoenix delayed from February 14, 2019 to June 7, 2019.
    Gambit delayed from June 7, 2019 to March 13, 2020.

----

Gal Gadot officially joins the cast of Murder on the Nile, with Kenneth Branagh reprising his role of Hercule Poirot and director duties after the 2017 film 'Murder on the Orient Express'.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    So, the trailer for Dark Phoenix drops one day, and it's pushed back five months the next?

Congrats, Fox.
    What?!? PG-13 Deadpool 2???? Well I know what I won’t be seeing!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Oh, I'll definitely watch this! :))
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Oh, I'll definitely watch this! :))
    Same here. :))
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    I love how they make fun of Downey Jr.'s Holmes in the mosquito scene. I'm watching this too!
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    @bondjames First trailer for Vice, the Dick Cheney biopic directed by Adam McKay (The Big Short) and starring Christian Bale in the lead role, will drop on October 3rd (next Wednesday).
    Am I mistaken in thinking the name used to be backseat, what’s all that about?

You are not mistaken, the title was indeed Backseat, but was renamed to Vice recently. I have to say I preferred the earlier title.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    mattjoes wrote: »
    I love how they make fun of Downey Jr.'s Holmes in the mosquito scene. I'm watching this too!

Can I join?
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    mattjoes wrote: »

Can I join?

Please do.

You are not mistaken, the title was indeed Backseat, but was renamed to Vice recently. I have to say I preferred the earlier title.

It’s a far superior title isn’t it
    October 2018 preview:

edited October 2018 Posts: 15,690
    @bondjames @doubleoego @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin @DarthDimi @MajorDSmythe

First poster of Hellboy, featuring Gregg Beam himself, David Harbour:

54oemzfg7mp11.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Gonna see that. Hellboy fan here.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2018 Posts: 23,378
    Cool poster though I am still bitter Del Torro/Perlman could not finish there trilogy.

Harbour should do well.
    Hope it’s good. I can’t imagine it’ll top the Ron Perlman Hellboy films for me, though.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Bad Boys 3 is looking more and more likely, may shoot early 2019:

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/charlies-angels-bad-boys-21-jump-street-1202952231/
    That Hellboy poster is legendary AF itself. It seems wise to start collecting movie Posters again.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I agree that the Hellboy poster looks the business. I haven't seen the last two yet but will get to them before this is released.

I hope we get a Bad Boys 3.
    Bad Boys 3 is looking more and more likely, may shoot early 2019:

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/charlies-angels-bad-boys-21-jump-street-1202952231/

Do you mean BAD BOYS 4 LIFE???????

If that’s the title they use then that has to be one of the worst titles I’ve ever heard of

Update on runtimes:

Bad Times at the El Royale: 2 hours & 20 minutes (Rated R).
    Hunter Killer: 2 hours & 1 minute (Rated R).

First official picture of John Wick 3:

x1ziykvyxqp11.jpg

----

@bondjames @DarthDimi @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin @doubleoego @MajorDSmythe

First official picture (and comparison with the real life figure) of Christian Bale as Dick Cheney in Vice, ahead of the trailer debuting tomorrow:

oh3yoaaqrsp11.png

----
    First official look at Rambo 5:

tc0uo4kc5up11.jpg
    Wah, Bale looks amazing
  • Wah, Bale looks amazing

Yeah, he's never been in better shape! Must be that new diet of his. Needs to do something about that hairline though.