Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• edited October 2018 Posts: 5,767
    Bale is unbelievable. Well, unbelievably believable...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Wah, Bale looks amazing

This makes me think that Dick Cheney would have made a good Batman.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Oh, completely forgot that Sam Rockwell is in it too! And as George Dubya no less!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited October 2018 Posts: 15,690
    First teaser for The Upside, the American version of the French film The Intouchables:

• edited October 2018 Posts: 17,293
    First teaser for The Upside, the American version of the French film The Intouchables:

Why does Hollywood need to remake every foreign film?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

This isn't a one way street, foreign markets remake Hollywood films, too.

Remakes are a sad, sad way of life.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    +1

This isn't a one way street, foreign markets remake Hollywood films, too.

It certainly looks like Hollywood are more likely to produce remakes. How about coming up with something new and original? Guess that's a rarity these days.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Tbf Hollywood has been remaking movies from almost day one.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    This looks fantastic. Bale's realization of Dick is spot on. Rockwell is credible as Bush too. I'm still not sold on Carell as Rumsfeld though. Really looking forward to it.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    bondjames wrote: »
    This looks fantastic. Bale's realization of Dick is spot on. Rockwell is credible as Bush too. I'm still not sold on Carell as Rumsfeld though. Really looking forward to it.

This is my most anticipated film of the year, for a number of reasons. Cast, director, and most notably its subject matter. All this political stuff is super interesting and reminds me of the 2008 film W. Now I think that film is a masterpiece and I hope this film is somewhat in that realm. However that leads me to my point which is I think that Josh Brolin mastered playing George Bush and that I’m not totally sold on San Rockwell yet
    Armie Hammer joins Kenneth Branagh and Gal Gadot in the upcoming Hercule Poirot adaptation of Death on the Nile.

----

First teaser for the new French historical action/thriller The Emperor of Paris, starring Vincent Cassel and directed by Jean-Francois Richet (Mesrine: Killer Instinct, Mesrine: Public Enemy Number One and Blood Father):

----

----

wge2zqeva4q11.jpg
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited October 2018 Posts: 23,883
    bondjames wrote: »

This is my most anticipated film of the year, for a number of reasons. Cast, director, and most notably its subject matter. All this political stuff is super interesting and reminds me of the 2008 film W. Now I think that film is a masterpiece and I hope this film is somewhat in that realm. However that leads me to my point which is I think that Josh Brolin mastered playing George Bush and that I’m not totally sold on San Rockwell yet
    I have W. but have never seen it. Your comments have motivated me to take in a viewing tonight. I agree that Rockwell probably won't come up the level of Brolin (I have seen the W. trailer and he nails it).
    Armie Hammer joins Kenneth Branagh and Gal Gadot in the upcoming Hercule Poirot adaptation of Death on the Nile.
    The original is one of my all time faves. I will never forget seeing it on a plane many years back as a kid and being frightened as well as mesmerized by the film. There's something about those overnight plane flights (must be the darkness and confined spaces - my parents used to travel a lot and I was a beneficiary of that) which seared many films into my subconscious as a child. I've always been fascinated by Egypt and would love to take a trip there one day (TSWLM and this film may have been responsible). I still have reservations about Hammer but am pretty sure he can pull it off, and can guess which characters he and Gadot are playing too.
    wge2zqeva4q11.jpg
    I have to admit that the ads for this have me intrigued. The special effects for this character are absolutely superb. One can relate when she (it?) emotes.
    @bondjames @DarthDimi @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin @doubleoego @MajorDSmythe

First trailer for Clint Eastwood's The Mule:

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    That looks good, and somewhat relatable.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    That's a fine trailer.
    A very promising film.

It's always good to see Clint back on the big screen.
    That Looks brilliant! Makes me want to watch it Right away.
    First English trailer for the South Korean zombie film Rampant:

• edited October 2018 Posts: 157
    This could be fun slaughterhouse Rules with Simon Pegg
    Final trailer for the WW2 zombie film Overlord:

I'll be damned if this movie wasn't originally pitched as a Wolfenstein film.

----

wjgics8wdeq11.jpg

----

First teaser for the new French historical action/thriller The Emperor of Paris, starring Vincent Cassel and directed by Jean-Francois Richet (Mesrine: Killer Instinct, Mesrine: Public Enemy Number One and Blood Father):

----

Another Vidocq story

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugène_François_Vidocq

But mostly I do enjoy Cassel in his French movies.

• MurdockMurdock The minus world

Same font as Classic Wolfenstein. ;)
    Murdock wrote: »
    Same font as Classic Wolfenstein. ;)
    And then some. :D
    But then they couldn´t have shrouded it in that J.J: Abrahams Cloud of secrecy ;-).
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Dutch street version poster of ''The House With A Clock In Its Walls''. The movie was released previous Thursday in The Netherlands.

IMG_20181001_200654.jpg
    2nd trailer for M Night Shyamalan's Glass coming this Thursday (October 11th).