Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited November 2018 Posts: 15,690
    @bondjames @ClarkDevlin @Creasy47 @DarthDimi @doubleoego @MajorDSmythe

Samuel L Jackson, Ryan Reynolds and Salma Hayek are officially confirmed to reprise their respective roles in the sequel to The Hitman's Bodyguard.

----

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Good news! And Spies In Disguise looks terribly fun!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited November 2018 Posts: 23,376
    giphy.gif
    I'll drink to that, best news I have heard all day.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    giphy.gif

Same here, sign me up for this. Been waiting a long time for a fourth installment, would love to see what Myers could do with the "aging spy" motif that's around these days.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Hopefully it happens long after B25.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Hopefully it happens long after B25.

Ideally it would fall between Bond 25 and Bond 26.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Ridley Scott has confirmed his next project will be Gladiator 2.

https://deadline.com/2018/11/gladiator-sequel-ridley-scott-maximus-peter-craig-writing-paramount-universal-1202494152/

----

Will Smith and Martin Lawrence have confirmed that Bad Boys for Life is a go.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Same here, sign me up for this. Been waiting a long time for a fourth installment, would love to see what Myers could do with the "aging spy" motif that's around these days.

I think an aging 60s Spy in today's world would throw up alot of material, I love the series hopely Nigel Powers will return for a cameo.

Gladiator 2 not sure that's a good idea.
    John Wick creator Derek Kolstad will develop an American remake of the cult 2010 South Korean film The Man From Nowhere.

https://deadline.com/2018/11/john-wick-creator-derek-kolstad-adapting-south-korea-blockbuster-the-man-from-nowhere-1202494117/
    Really hoping Kolstad finishes Hitman first.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Austin Powers
    Bad Boys 3

It's looking alot like the early 2000s. A time in which I was at the theaters alot.
  • Gladiator 2 not sure that's a good idea.

Gladiator 2: Gladiatorer?

Hope it's better than Ridley's Alien sequels, but I don't have too much faith in the fella these days.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Scott is doing fine. Looking forward to it.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    edited November 2018 Posts: 2,730

Hope it's better than Ridley's Alien sequels, but I don't have too much faith in the fella these days.

Hopefully they are set in the same universe

Nor me it's probably a case of Scott looking for a hit and the studio as most do these days seeing what older property's are on the shelf to make money with. It's symptomatic of Hollywood being devoid of ideas.
    Is Gladiator 2 really necessary? Leave it be.
  • edited November 2018 Posts: 3,333
    ‘It’ Director Andy Muschietti is adapting H.G. Wells classic ‘The Time Machine’ with Leonardo DiCaprio producing, which is interesting because Sky is also currently developing a The Time Machine TV series with plans to air it on the Sky Atlantic channel, and potentially exporting it to premium cable channels like HBO and Showtime. Anyway, this could be fun to watch on the big screen. I didn't mind Guy Pearce's one that was directed by Wells’ great-grandson Simon Wells, apart from the Eloi and Morlocks angle.
    bondsum wrote: »
    ‘It’ Director Andy Muschietti is adapting H.G. Wells classic ‘The Time Machine’ with Leonardo DiCaprio producing, which is interesting because Sky is also currently developing a The Time Machine TV series with plans to air it on the Sky Atlantic channel, and potentially exporting it to premium cable channels like HBO and Showtime. Anyway, this could be fun to watch on the big screen. I didn't mind Guy Pearce's one that was directed by Wells’ great-grandson Simon Wells, apart from the Eloi and Morlocks angle.

Fantastic one of my favourite science fiction novels, I recently purchased H.G. Wells complete works on Kindle, I have started reading The Time Machine again, the Rod Taylor film is also one of my favourite sci fi films, there are some amazing scenes in that movie.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Another Austin Powers, really? I thought that ship had sailed years ago. They were funny at the time, but when I watched them a few years later, I couldn't believe how badly the humour had aged.

I would rather have another film in the OSS 117 series, with Jean Dujardin.

:D

----

Tom Cruise and Jennifer Connelly on set of Top Gun: Maverick :

LMtXN4J.jpg
    Fantastic one of my favourite science fiction novels, I recently purchased H.G. Wells complete works on Kindle, I have started reading The Time Machine again, the Rod Taylor film is also one of my favourite sci fi films, there are some amazing scenes in that movie.
    I'm still partial to the magic of George Pal's original as it fired my own imagination as a young kid back in the Sixties. I too have an H.G. Wells complete works on my tablet, but I just haven't got round to reading it yet. Too many other books... 1,644 to be precise!

I really really have to catch up with These.

bondsum wrote: »
    I'm still partial to the magic of George Pal's original as it fired my own imagination as a young kid back in the Sixties. I too have an H.G. Wells complete works on my tablet, but I just haven't got round to reading it yet. Too many other books... 1,644 to be precise!

That sounds familiar, though its good having an extensive library at your finger tips.
    Another Austin Powers, really? I thought that ship had sailed years ago. They were funny at the time, but when I watched them a few years later, I couldn't believe how badly the humour had aged.

A third film is in the works, Major. :D

Dujardin announced it earlier this year. But, there's a fat chance Michel Hazanavicius might not return.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

Dujardin announced it earlier this year. But, there's a fat chance Michel Hazanavicius might not return.

I did not know about, excellent. The 2nd one wasn't quite as funny as the first, but I would still take it over most comedies churned out over the last few years.

I did not know about, excellent. The 2nd one wasn't quite as funny as the first, but I would still take it over most comedies churned out over the last few years.
    I didn't like the second one at first. But, it grew on me. Because, trouble is that I took it as a James Bond parody at first, which didn't work at all, whereas the first one played in that category very very well. The second film became funnier when I watched it as a spy parody film rather than a Bond parody, constantly making jabs at the pop culture of the late sixties, which it rather succeeds at.

From what I've heard, the third one will take place in Africa, involving an African intelligence lady agent, and as such will take place in 1973, with "Hubert having a medal necklace flashing across his chest, half unbuttoned shirt and long sideburns" according to Hazanavicius. So, I won't expect a Bond film parody from it. Coincidentally, there's a serious OSS 117 novel set in the 1970s that takes place in Africa and uses an African leading lady. They might get influence from that, too.
    First trailer for the animation film Missing Link will be released in the coming weeks. Hugh Jackman, Zoe Saldana, Stephen Fry, Emma Thompson and Timothy Olyphant are part of the voice cast.

And the first trailer for The Secret Life of Pets 2 is confirmed to arrive online next week. This is the first animation film that Harrison Ford has worked on.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    boldfinger wrote: »

I really really have to catch up with These.
    Me too. This looks really good. I recognize the actress from The Night Manager episode 1. Very stylish indeed.
    @bondjames Did you check the Top Gun picture on previous page, with Cruise and Connelly? ;)