Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Tom Cruise, 56, 'delays filming of Top Gun sequel so he can learn to fly fighter jets to make stunts as realistic as possible'

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6365525/amp/Tom-Cruise-delays-filming-Gun-sequel-learn-fly-fighter-jets.html

[/i]
    I said so on several occasions before, but I Always meant it as a joke. Can´t believe he really does it.

Why not? Lots of people do it.
    What, postponing a film for 2 years to learn Pilot a fighter Jet?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Perhaps not that particular combination.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

This will be more important to people around my age than any young kids/toddlers today.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    toy-story-four.jpg
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I love Toy Story. The whole trilogy are the best animated films ever.

ndAYbJp.jpg
  • I'll call it now, then: given even half-decent reviews and word of mouth, Toy Story 4 will gross 1 billion.
  • (That's box office, mind you - their merchandising will be off the charts.)

I may be old, but I love these movies! looking forward to seeing what the crew get up too this time round? Lol!
    Godzilla vs King Kong has begun filming.

The official synopsis: In a time when monsters walk the Earth, humanity’s fight for its future sets Godzilla and Kong on a collision course that will see the two most powerful forces of nature on the planet collide in a spectacular battle for the ages. As Monarch embarks on a perilous mission into uncharted terrain and unearths clues to the Titans’ origins, a human conspiracy threatens to wipe the creatures, both good and bad, from the face of the earth forever.

The film stars Alexander Skarsgard, Millie Bobby Brown, Rebecca Hall, Kyle Chandler, Demian Bichir, Brian Tyree Henry and Shun Oguri. The film will be released on May 22, 2020.

@Creasy47 @bondjames @ClarkDevlin @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego

Finally, the long-awaited Ex-Baghdad has started filming! But with some modifications: John Cena replaces Sylvester Stallone as Jackie Chan's co-star, and the film's title is now Project X-Traction.

xtract.jpg
    JCxtract.png

First trailer for the 1970's set South Korean crime film Drug King:

• I've said this before, but Alita has the look of an expensive flop to me.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    octofinger wrote: »
    I've said this before, but Alita has the look of an expensive flop to me.

That's my assessment. It'll be a big flop, or barely eke out profits thanks to China.
    edited November 2018 Posts: 15,690
    @bondjames @ClarkDevlin @Creasy47 @doubleoego @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi

All is set for Tom Hanks and Robert Zemeckis to work together again (Zemeckis as producer this time) for the sci-fi film BIOS.

On a post-apocalyptic earth, Finch (Tom Hanks), the last man on earth, decides he must plan for the worst by building a robot that could care for his dog in the event of his death. The canine is the only thing in the world that Finch truly loves. His challenge, however, is programming the robot to “love” the dog and teaching the dog to accept the strange synthetic newcomer as a member of their pack.

The film is directed by Miguel Sapochnik (who directed the 'Battle of the Bastards' episode on Game of Thrones), and will begin filming in early 2019 for a October 2, 2020 release.

Until then, Tom Hanks will be seen the Naval WW2 film Greyhound (March 2019), Toy Story 4 (June 2019) and the still-untitled Mr Rogers biopic (October 2019).

----

49jure5pxby11.jpg

----

Lily James and Armie Hammer are set to star in Ben Wheatley's (Free Fire, Kill List) remake/reimagining of Alfred Hitchcock's Rebecca.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    The Cruise-led Jack Reacher film franchise is officially over. A re-cast is due for a Netflix TV series:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46207601
    Creed 2 officially clocking in at 2 hours & 10 minutes.

----

Bad Boys 3 will officially be called Bad Boys For Lif3, and will begin filming in January 2019.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Creasy47 wrote: »

That's my assessment. It'll be a big flop, or barely eke out profits thanks to China.
    I'm pretty sure it will clean up overseas. There have been quite a few films this year which have done exceptionally well in the overseas markets despite a poor showing stateside, and I have a feeling this will be one of them.
  • bondjames wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I'm pretty sure it will clean up overseas. There have been quite a few films this year which have done exceptionally well in the overseas markets despite a poor showing stateside, and I have a feeling this will be one of them.

Well I certainly don't wish it ill, I just figure it's got a ways to go to break even against a $200 million budget. Audience still haven't seemed to embrace the uncanny-valley space of some mo-cap technology, and it looks like like a lot of robot-on-robot violence in a dark colour palette.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I won't be seeing it, but kudos to it if a movie like that does manage to make a profit at the end of the day.
  • peterpeter Toronto

100% agreed.
  • The Cruise-led Jack Reacher film franchise is officially over. A re-cast is due for a Netflix TV series:

This is the right decision. Good luck to them.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    The Cruise-led Jack Reacher film franchise is officially over. A re-cast is due for a Netflix TV series:

Agreed. Even though, I did enjoy the Cruise films.
  • peterpeter Toronto

Agreed. Even though, I did enjoy the Cruise films.

I did like the first one quite a bit, finding some of the lines deliciously cheesy (beating a guy and then drinking blood from a boot).

Didn't like the second one at all and was depressingly disappointed, I went out, knocked back three martinis and watched CR. I felt much better.
    First official look at Michael Caine and Ben Foster in the historical war film Medieval:

6682w7272oy11.jpg

The story of 14th century Czech icon and warlord Jan Zizka who defeated armies of the Teutonic Order and the Holy Roman Empire.

Release date: 2019 (exact date still to be confirmed).
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Very exciting