Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    M_Balje wrote: »
    Trailer The Lion King

That is some seriously impressive CGI.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    This is going to make so much money.

No doubt. Disney will have an absolute mammoth year at the box office in 2019.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

WaeMMxT.jpg
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited November 2018 Posts: 15,690
    First official picture of Velvet Buzzsaw, the new film from director Dan Gilroy (Nightcrawler, Roman J Israel Esq):

velvet-buzzsaw-jake-gyllenhaal-rene-russo-600x400.jpg

The plot: Big money artists and mega-collectors pay a high price when art collides with commerce.

Starring: Jake Gyllenhaal, Toni Collette, Rene Russo, John Malkovich.
    No wonder Gyllenhall Looks so tensely in the other direction. I too couldn´t concentrate when Looking at Rene Russo like that.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    boldfinger wrote: »
    No wonder Gyllenhall Looks so tensely in the other direction. I too couldn´t concentrate when Looking at Rene Russo like that.

with you on that one-- ageless, and smouldering.
    edited November 2018 Posts: 15,690
    More footage of the upcoming South Korean martial film Revenger:

December 2018 preview:

2 other updates:

Angel Has Fallen, the 3rd film featuring Gerard Butler as Mike Banning (after Olympus Has Fallen and London Has Fallen), will be released on August 23, 2019.

----

Wes Anderson is gathering a great cast for his upcoming live-action film The French Dispatch, set in France after World War 2:

Timothée Chalamet, Benicio Del Toro, Frances McDormand, Bill Murray, Tilda Swinton, Brad Pitt, Natalie Portman, Lea Seydoux, Adrien Brody, Owen Wilson & Mathieu Amalric.
    Martin Scorsese´s Netflix film The Irishman will get a limited theatrical release, according to Robert De Niro:

http://collider.com/the-irishman-theatrical-run/
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Is it just me , or does Mary queen of scots look fantastic on paper (story, cast, production team) but the trailer kinda looks stupid
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I've seen the older version of Mary, Queen of Scots, which also included a very young Timothy Dalton.

That film is definitely the one to watch, first.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    More footage of the upcoming South Korean martial film Revenger:

Hahahaha yeessss! This is the shit I'm talking about. Bring it on!
  • Crikey, that December lineup looks a little dire to me. Think we'll be staying at home and watching the classics this year. . .
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Welcome to Marwen looks great.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    doubleoego wrote: »

Have to say I like the look of this more and more.
    edited December 2018 Posts: 15,690
    @Creasy47 @bondjames @doubleoego @ClarkDevlin @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi

A new official picture of Cold Pursuit:
    MV5-BMTU1-MDE5-Nz-My-OV5-BMl5-Ban-Bn-Xk-Ft-ZTgw-Nj-I1-OTE2-Nj-M-V1-SY1000-CR0-0-1776-1000-AL.jpg

----

And here's the first official look at the romantic film Normal People, starring Liam Neeson and Lesley Manville:
    MV5-BMTU0-OTg0-OTM2-MV5-BMl5-Ban-Bn-Xk-Ft-ZTgw-MTQ1-OTE2-Nj-M-V1-SX1777-CR0-0-1777-999-AL.jpg

----

Tyler Perry as Colin Powell in Adam McKay's Vice:
    t2dfd019kc221.jpg

----

First official picture of the political film The Torture Report:

ubhooa2b2l121.jpg

The plot: In the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks, CIA agents begin using extreme interrogation tactics on those they think were behind it.

Director: Scott Z. Burns (writer of The Bourne Ultimatum, Contagion, The Laundromat).

Starring: Adam Driver, Jon Hamm, Tim Blake Nelson, Annette Benning, Michael C Hall, Matthew Rhys.
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 3,164
    Debut teaser for Avengers: Endgame, the previously untitled sequel to Infinity War. (major spoilers for those who haven't seen that film)

A culmination of 22 interconnected films, the fourth installment of the Avengers saga will draw audiences to witness the turning point of this epic journey. Our beloved heroes will truly understand how fragile this reality is, and the sacrifices that must be made to uphold it.
    edited December 2018 Posts: 15,690
    @bondjames @Creasy47 @doubleoego @ClarkDevlin @DarthDimi @MajorDSmythe

First official picture of Men in Black: International

6zeuv5mohv221.jpg

The director: F. Gary Gray.

The cast: Chris Hemsworth, Tessa Thompson, Emma Thompson, Rebecca Ferguson and Liam Neeson.

Release date: June 14, 2019.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    @bondjames @Creasy47 @doubleoego @ClarkDevlin @DarthDimi @MajorDSmythe

First official picture of Men in Black: International

6zeuv5mohv221.jpg

The director: F. Gary Gray.

The cast: Chris Hemsworth, Tessa Thompson, Emma Thompson, Rebecca Ferguson and Liam Neeson.

Release date: June 14, 2019.

I had no idea about this.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    The cast alone means I'm in. I've never seen a prior MiB film.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    antovolk wrote: »
    Debut teaser for Avengers: Endgame, the previously untitled sequel to Infinity War. (major spoilers for those who haven't seen that film)

A culmination of 22 interconnected films, the fourth installment of the Avengers saga will draw audiences to witness the turning point of this epic journey. Our beloved heroes will truly understand how fragile this reality is, and the sacrifices that must be made to uphold it.

All right!!!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    bondjames wrote: »

Definitely watch the first one, the two leads complimented each other perfectly.

I know nothing of this new one. What is it, remake or sequel?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

Definitely watch the first one, the two leads complimented each other perfectly.

Thanks, will do.

My understanding is that this new one is a 'spin-off'.
    That MiB Picture makes me want to watch Blackhat again now.

It features Liam Neeson. That is enough for you to know you want to see the film. ;)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

It features Liam Neeson. That is enough for you to know you want to see the film. ;)

Fair point. Though I expect no less than 10 asses to kicked by Neesons feet.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    http://www.darkhorizons.com/warners-planning-a-plastic-man-feature/
    Amanda Idoko (TV’s “The Mayor,” “Breaking News in Yuba County”) has been hired to pen the script for the comedic action-adventure feature “Plastic Man,” based on the DC Comics hero, for Warner Bros. Pictures.

The story follows Patrick ‘Eel’ O’Brian, a crook-turned-good guy who was part of a gang, and during a botched heist is shot and doused with a chemical liquid.

Left for dead by the gang, he awakens to find himself imbued with the power to shape-shift and stretch his body into almost anything thanks to being the most malleable man alive. O’Brian eventually reforms and becomes a police officer.

The character had his own cartoon series at one point. No writer or director is yet attached but the tone will reportedly retain the light, silly style of the character. Bob Shaye will executive produce.

Source: Heat Vision

Some sugestions: Bradley Cooper, Vincent Kartheiser.

Thanks, will do.

My understanding is that this new one is a 'spin-off'.

The first one was really good fun. Have watched it many times over the years, when its on anyways. The endings were always the best part, very creative.