Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I'm there day one!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    That Artemis Fowl movie is going to be a huge flop, you can smell it coming a mile away (like that Mortal Engines movie).
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    @bondjames I like how they jumped at the chance to open the trailer with another dramatic narration from Liam Neeson, given he's in the film - he has a very powerful voice for this stuff.
    I agree @DaltonCraig007. Very recognizable and perfectly serious, which contrasts nicely with Hemsworth/Thompson.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The new MIB looks horrible. Giving it a skip.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2018 Posts: 23,387
    MIB looks generic I'll wait for the dvd, admittedly I only really liked the first film the trilogy got progressively worse. MIB3 was really poor
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The first was ok, the second horrible, the third was the best by far.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Am I the only really who loved it?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited December 2018 Posts: 40,486
    The first was ok, the second horrible, the third was the best by far.

I can't recall the first two, been ages since I saw them, but I loved the third. Was a brilliant way to end the trilogy, I've no interest in another sequel. Didn't even waste my time with the trailer, but then again I try to avoid most trailers anymore. Too many are filled with spoilers or ruin the best beats and moments of a given film.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Looks good to me. Big fan of Hemsworth - he has the comic timing down and can carry this kind of fluff easily. Thompson and Neeson are a bonus, too. Looking forward to it.
    Hemsworth and Thompson look great. But Liam Neeson for the ballance is the clincher.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Hemsworth and Thompson look great. But Liam Neeson for the ballance is the clincher.

Your attention got.. taken? ;)
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 5,767
    Haha, good one, @DaltonCraig007 :-)).

I will commute to the Cinema. Even if I have to walk among tombstones to get there.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited December 2018 Posts: 13,894
    MIB looks generic I'll wait for the dvd, admittedly I only really liked the first film the trilogy got progressively worse. MIB3 was really poor

I'm thinking the same. The film film worked so well, because of the chemistry between Smith & Jones. The attempts at humour, if that is what they were, fell flat.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Looks good to me. Big fan of Hemsworth - he has the comic timing down and can carry this kind of fluff easily. Thompson and Neeson are a bonus, too. Looking forward to it.

He is very high on my list of potential Bonds . One of the criticisms is that he’s too , physically, big; here, he’s dropped weight and look great in a suit, which, Craig should note the tailoring.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited December 2018 Posts: 15,690
    talos7 wrote: »

He is very high on my list of potential Bonds . One of the criticisms is that he’s too , physically, big; here, he’s dropped weight and look great in a suit, which, Craig should note the tailoring.

I used to think Hemsworth was a very wooden actor, especially in Thor and Thor: The Dark World, and seemed somewhat passable in The Avengers. But since then I've seen him in several films where he really has great comedic timing and evident charisma/magnetic presence: Rush, Thor: Ragnarok, Avengers: Infinity War and 12 Strong. He's not an Oscar caliber actor, but I now see him similarly to Jason Statham and Gerard Butler - they know their limitations and are very effective leading action stars in movies that utilizes them well.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart

No I enjoyed it somewhat as well. The problem is that Smith and Jones are somewhat irreplaceable but lets see how it ends up panning out. I loved the 1st and 3rd. The 3rd was my favorite. The 2nd was kinda meh and didnt develop in the way it should have. It was really too short.
    Jumanji 3 will start filming on January 21st, and is due to be released on December 13, 2019. The main cast of 'Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle' is returning for this new sequel.

No I enjoyed it somewhat as well. The problem is that Smith and Jones are somewhat irreplaceable but lets see how it ends up panning out. I loved the 1st and 3rd. The 3rd was my favorite. The 2nd was kinda meh and didnt develop in the way it should have. It was really too short.
    I skipped the 2nd one in the cinema and was surprised at how well it entertained me later on tv.

As for the chemistry between Smith and Jones, I don't see indications they are trying to emulate that, so I'm not worried.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

I'm thinking the same. The film film worked so well, because of the chemistry between Smith & Jones. The attempts at humour, if that is what they were, fell flat.

Smith and Jones were what made the first film and second work, I guess it's for a new generation now, no doubt there are people who never saw the originals.
    @doubleoego @ClarkDevlin @DarthDimi @MajorDSmythe @bondjames

Thanks to @Creasy47:

The action flick Triple Threat finally gets an official US release date: March 22, 2019.

The plot: A hit contract is taken out on a billionaires daughter intent on bringing down a major crime syndicate. A down and out team of mercenaries must take on a group of professional assassins and stop them before they kill their target.

The cast: Iko Uwais, Tony Jaa, Tiger Chen, Scott Adkins, Celina Jade, Michael Jai White.

----

Another thing that is finally happening: Robert De Niro has confirmed he will co-star with Leonardo Dicaprio in the new Martin Scorsese film: Killers of the Flower Moon, due to start production next summer.

Members of the Osage tribe in the United States are murdered under mysterious circumstances in the 1920s sparking a major F.B.I. investigation involving J. Edgar Hoover.
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 5,767
    I hope De Niro is not going to have a mere cameo as Hoover but will Play a lead role as a seasoned badass FBI investigator.
    @boldfinger From what I understand, De Niro and DiCaprio will play the 2 lead FBI agents assigned to the case (which was actually the first major investigation in the FBI's history).
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Everytime I see the scissor in that poster I think of the scissor in one of the antichrist posters
    @boldfinger From what I understand, De Niro and DiCaprio will play the 2 lead FBI agents assigned to the case (which was actually the first major investigation in the FBI's history).
    Approved! ;-)

Trailer for the feature-length episode/film of Black Mirror: Bandersnatch :

Release date: tomorrow (December 28th) on Netflix.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Can't wait for that. Love Black Mirror.
    January 2019 preview:

edited January 2019 Posts: 15,690
    bondjames wrote: »
    Gerard Butler is back in this first trailer for The Vanishing:

This looks interesting. I may not go to the theatre for it but will certainly check it out once it's on home release.

@bondjames The reviews are starting to arrive for this new Butler flick - and they are quite good! Gerard Butler himself is getting positive reactions for his performance.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    bondjames wrote: »
    Gerard Butler is back in this first trailer for The Vanishing:

This looks interesting. I may not go to the theatre for it but will certainly check it out once it's on home release.

@bondjames The reviews are starting to arrive for this new Butler flick - and they are quite good! Gerard Butler himself is getting positive reactions for his performance.
    I'm not surprised @DaltonCraig007. It seems like a more mature turn for him. He's been impressing me lately, even in standard popcorn fare - a very charismatic and watchable actor. He was excellent in Den of Thieves (I've yet to see Hunter Killer but am looking forward to it).