Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

Creasy47 wrote: »

This looks wildly over the top! However it could well be a lot of fun too!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Christ, this looks abysmal.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    How the CGI in that movie looks worse than the CGI in 'The Day After Tomorrow' or even '2012' is beyond me.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I couldn't help but think of Nightfire when witnessing the hideous effects of the space scenes.
    'Geostorm' will be a monumental bomb. I'm sure it cost them over $100 million (not including advertising), and that doesn't even include the extensive $15 million+ reshoots they were forced to do.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    So the Environmentalists mistakenly thought they could control the weather? Or the Environmentalists are the victims of rash decisions by folks who thought they could control the weather?

Looks like ridiculous fun.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @Creasy47 It does seem that Gerard Butler has built himself a niche sub-genre in action films (similar to what Liam Neeson has also achieved) and he seems to pull some decent amount of Box Office if he fits to the 'Butler-style' (aka to save the President). Easy to forget, but 'London Has Fallen' made $30 million more at the Box Office than 'Olympus has Fallen'.
    @Creasy47 It does seem that Gerard Butler has built himself a niche sub-genre in action films (similar to what Liam Neeson has also achieved) and he seems to pull some decent amount of Box Office if he fits to the 'Butler-style' (aka to save the President). Easy to forget, but 'London Has Fallen' made $30 million more at the Box Office than 'Olympus has Fallen'.

Indeed, but those films cost less than half of what 'Geostorm' costs. I just don't see people flocking to this movie, but films of this ilk have been saved by overseas returns before, so time will tell.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    edited July 2017 Posts: 6,730
    You know, without passing judgment on the film, I must say Geostorm sounds like a straight-to-video title.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2017 Posts: 4,443
    Despicable Me 3 opens big in The Netherlands. 3,6 million with 146 screens. Despicable Me 2 in 2013 opens with 2,9 and start with 253 screens. In 2015 Minions opens with almoost 3,3 with 132 screens. The first movie who not opens in June or July, but in October in 2019 did 1 million with 170 screens.

Despicable Me 2 was very good promoted thanks to Pharrel who songs ''Happy'' stay for 49 weaks Dutch Top 40.

Top 3 of first three movies in The Netherlands

1. Minions $14,390,692 (3th in yearlist after Spectre and Starwars)
    2. Despicable Me 2. $10,669,906 (2th in the year list after The Hobbit 2)
    3. Despicable Me $5,177,497 (9th place in yearlist in 2010)

Despicable Me 3 stay on this moment with that 3,6 million on the 9th place in yearlist. In two weaks the movie will clim to the 5th place.

Minions 2 already comfirmd, on this moment for 2020.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    "I kill with my heart"? That looks pretty bad.
    @doubleoego I think you will enjoy this:

New Hong-Kong action flick, with none other than Orlando Bloom teaming up with Simon Yam to pull off some kind of heist:

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I notice this trailer hardly shows the kid. That's a good move imho.

I'll watch it for Elba and McConaughey but have a feeling this isn't going to be that great.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere

I have a feeling Idris was cast not because he was a damn good actor but because of his skin color, unfortunately.

edited July 2017 Posts: 40,473
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @ClarkDevlin @Creasy47

JCVD is back in action with Kickboxer: Retaliation, alongside The Mountain from 'Game of Thrones', Christopher Lambert and Mike Tyson:

Also, a new trailer for the upcoming Chinese action flick Wolf Warriors 2:

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Oww yeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhh! :D
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Bring on the Van Dammage (even if it'll be a supporting role).
    @MajorDSmythe The only I am very excited for is 'Black Water' with JCVD and Lundgren.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    @MajorDSmythe The only I am very excited for is 'Black Water' with JCVD and Lundgren.

It will be odd seeing them not knock seven shades of sherbet out of each other.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible

That looks good. Van Damme is consistently embarrassing Seagal in terms of DTV work... or would be, if Seagal looked like he gave a damn.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    James McAvoy has every right to be in love! :D
    edited July 2017 Posts: 40,473
    Was discussing this just hours ago with a few of you, what're the odds? Quentin Tarantino's next film will be his first based on actual events, as he plans to tackle the infamous Manson murders:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/07/12/quentin-tarantino-to-take-on-manson-murders-in-new-film

He was also just seen having dinner with Leonardo Dicaprio, perhaps he'll finally find his way into the Tarantino universe?
  • You've momentarily forgotten about Django, @Creasy47. ;)

This sounds like a very interesting and unusual project for Tarantino, but I can see him doing some great things with it. I hope he continues to expand out from his usual story tropes from here on out. It would be great to see him explore a variety of genres and projects. He has more than a few natural talents as a filmmaker and storyteller.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    @doubleoego I think you will enjoy this:

New Hong-Kong action flick, with none other than Orlando Bloom teaming up with Simon Yam to pull off some kind of heist:

Thanks! Will definitely check this out for the Chinese cast alone.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Was discussing this just hours ago with a few of you, what're the odds? Quentin Tarantino's next film will be his first based on actual events, as he plans to tackle the infamous Manson murders:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/07/12/quentin-tarantino-to-take-on-manson-murders-in-new-film

He was also just seen having dinner with Leonardo Dicaprio, perhaps he'll finally find his way into the Tarantino universe?

Dicaprio as Manson? I hope this doesn t become respectless.