Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Dicaprio was magnificent in Django. I'd love to see him in another Quentin flick.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited July 2017 Posts: 40,492
    The first trailer for the Winston Churchill film 'Darkest Hour' will be online tomorrow.

Also, another clip from 'Atomic Blonde':

https://www.facebook.com/AtomicBlondeMovie/videos/1451225938270688/

God, yes, it's official: Joe Pesci (so excited for this), Harvey Keitel, and Bobby Cannavale join Martin Scorsese's 'The Irishman.' What a cast:

http://deadline.com/2017/07/joe-pesci-the-irishman-al-pacino-robert-de-niro-martin-scorsese-deal-1202126751/
    Definitely interested in The Irishman. Scorsese is simply one of the best directors ever.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Definitely interested in The Irishman. Scorsese is simply one of the best directors ever.

With a cast like that, it'll be near impossible for it to impress. Hoping it manages a theatrical release around my parts - would prefer seeing it there than on Netflix, but I'll take it however I can.

This has been a week of "about damn time" news - first trailer for 'The Snowman' should be online in the next week or two, in time for the release of 'Atomic Blonde.'

Also, first images from 'A Wrinkle In Time':

http://www.slashfilm.com/a-wrinkle-in-time-movie-images/

A 'Rainbow Six' film is in the works, with Ryan Reynolds eyed to star:

http://www.slashfilm.com/akiva-goldsman-is-developing-a-rainbow-six-movie/
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2017 Posts: 4,450
    M_Balje wrote: »
    http://www.darkhorizons.com/tom-hardy-wanted-for-jafar-in-aladdin/

Jafar should be much larger and skinni and middle east or indian born or looking actor.

For the part of Aladdin i think should consider Riz Ahmed http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1981893/

Riz Ahmed is considert, but possible don't get the part. Now there also consider Dutch actor Achraf Koutet. Never heard from him, but look like he is new.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/disney-struggling-to-find-aladdin-stars/
    The studio is said to be eyeing either “Power Rangers” actress Naomi Scott or Indian actress Tara Sutaria to play Jasmine, but won’t lock down a deal until the male lead has been selected as chemistry is important to the story.

The studio was said to be interested in Dev Patel and Riz Ahmed, but the male lead will likely be a newcomer with Dutch actor Achraf Koutet, Canadian actor Mena Massoud and American George Kosturos all said to still be in the running.

And Rowan Atkinson not return for The Lion King

http://www.darkhorizons.com/john-oliver-to-voice-zazu-in-the-lion-king/
    John Oliver To Voice Zazu In “The Lion King”
    By
    Garth Franklin
    Monday, July 10th 2017 4:45 pm

Comedian John Oliver is set to voice Zazu, the red-billed hornbill who is Mufasa’s majordomo in Walt Disney Pictures’ live action film adaptation of “The Lion King”.

Oliver steps into the comedic role whom Rowan Atkinson portrayed in the original 1994 feature and Edward Hibbert voiced in the direct-to-video sequels. He joins a cast that includes Donald Glover as Simba, Billy Eichner as Timon, Seth Rogen as Pumbaa and James Earl Jones as Mufasa.

Although still unconfirmed, director Jon Favreau has stated that Beyonce is his top choice to voice Nala. Oliver previously lent his voice to Vanity Smurf in the first two “The Smurfs” films. Favreau’s “The Lion King” is slated to hit the screens on July 19th 2019.

Source: The Wrap
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Looking forward to this!! :O
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Oldman was robbed of his Oscar for Tinker but he must be in with a shoe in for this.

He is for me one of the best actors of all time and his performance in TTSS was one of my all time favourites, the way he immersed himself in the role. The scene where he tells Gulliame about his interaction with Karla is just extraordinary and it works so much better than showing it like they did in the TV series.

This looks a terrific production and Oldman looks on fire, after a bout of supporting roles he's been rewarded with something to really get his teeth into here, been excited about this from the moment it was announced and this taster of The Darkest Hour certainly doesn't blunt my enthusiasm for this film.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Gary Oldman has always been amazing.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Gary Oldman has always been amazing.

I don't doubt it I've been a fan for decades, I just found his Tinker performance my favourite of his exceptional career and hopefully The Darkest Hour will be another example of that.

One review said of his performance of Jim Gordon in The Dark Knight

'Oldman is so skilled he makes virtue look exciting,'”

JK Simmons has big boots to fill.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    This looks pretty amazing.

If composer Dario Marianelli and cinematographer Bruno Delbonnel are not on EON's radar, they should perhaps be put on the list.
    The first trailer for 'The Snowman' is now confirmed to drop online Wednesday, July 19th.

My word this looks good and one hell of a powerful performance from Gary Oldman!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2017 Posts: 15,691
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @ClarkDevlin @Creasy47

1st trailer for the upcoming South Korean crime/action flick 'V.I.P.':

The same director, in his previous film, gave us this fight scene:

Damn, 'V.I.P' is looking good. The Koreans showing how it's done once again.
    edited July 2017 Posts: 15,691
    @Creasy47 I hope you noticed Peter Stormare in that 'V.I.P.' trailer!
    @Creasy47 I hope you noticed Peter Stormare in that 'V.I.P.' trailer!

You know I did! Don't know how he found his way into a South Korean film but I'll easily check it out (provided I don't forget about it when the time comes like all the others).

Has the one with the crazy limo chase released yet or no?
    I believe it's coming this summer in China finally.

If I start swimming now, I can make the release, maybe...
    Creasy47 wrote: »

You could wait until more countries get release dates, maybe there'll be one closer to you, so less distance to cover. ;)
    Creasy47 wrote: »

You could wait until more countries get release dates, maybe there'll be one closer to you, so less distance to cover. ;)

I wish. If they didn't play 'Free Fire' nearby there's no way they'll run a Korean release.

Edit: A first look at Steven Spielberg's 'Ready Player One':

readyplayerone-firstlook-highres-700x467.jpg
    The next Disney movie
    e11966c6fa1bb62adfe2f95b6d6f892f.jpg
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Trigger?
    Trigger?

Tigger Mortis.

With Forster helming that live-action 'Winnie the Pooh' film, they should slap a hard R-rating on it and see what they come up with. Fun for the whole family!
    Tigger Mortis would be a great title for it.
    Martin Scorsese is teaming up with Leonardo Dicaprio once again for the true-crime thriller adaptation of 'Killers of the Flower Moon':

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/martin-scorsese-development-killers-of-the-flower-moon-dante-ferretti-1202495680/
    The same director, in his previous film, gave us this fight scene:

At last I learn why one should wear a necktie.

1st set image of X-Men: Dark Phoenix, the 1st film in the new upcoming X Men 'trilogy'. Starring James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult, Tye Sheridan, Sophie Turner, Alexandra Shipp, Kodi Smit-McPhee, and Evan Peters.

DEp4tzQUIAAM2Eg.jpg