Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @ClarkDevlin @Creasy47

1st trailer for the upcoming South Korean crime/action flick 'V.I.P.':

The same director, in his previous film, gave us this fight scene:

This is why I get so frustrated with Hollywood and their excuses. Films like these, Honk Kong and South Korean action thrillers put in the work, make it look easy and do it on a regular basis, delivering the goods every time. VIP s a must see!

As for that Churchill movie, just give Gary Oldman the Oscar for best actor already!

Hugh Jackman cast as uncle Scar in Live action Lion King movie
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    It had to happen sometimes. I didn't expect it to be so soon :

radiotimes.com/news/2017-07-15/wreck-it-ralph-2-will-unite-all-the-disney-princesses-iron-man-and-c-3po

Ah well, maybe it's going to be good.
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    ^They had the most of the original voice actresses for those Disney princesses up on stage at D23. I'm actually more excited to see Wreck-It-Ralph 2 now.

NEeOrVzdtB5Ahn_1_b.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The first trailer for Darren Aronofsky's 'mother!' should be online this upcoming week:

https://trailer-track.com/2017/07/16/in-the-pipeline-teaser-trailer-for-darren-aronofskys-mother-is-almost-here/
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    'The Dark Tower' clocks in at 95 minutes:

http://collider.com/dark-tower-movie-runtime/
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Wind River looks very good. Quite moody.
    I cannot believe that there are only going to be about six cinemas in the whole of the UK that will be showing Dunkirk in 70mm film. Even major cities like Birmingham, Liverpool and Sheffield have no 70mm screening. And if your anywhere south of London,well forget it.
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 4,602
    Great little interview here with Nolan re Dunkirk. He clearly is a sharp cookie, (makes you think re Bond)

https://www.theguardian.com/film/video/2017/jul/18/christopher-nolan-dunkirk-video-interview-harry-styles

@patb, he's too good for Bond imho. I'd rather he concentrate on making thought provoking films which inspire him and not be straight jacketed with the shenanigans of the Bond universe. I have no doubt he'd do it justice, but he's made for bigger and better things.
    that argument could have been made pre SF ? and it resulted in a top 3 (for me anyway) and the best Bond ever re revenue. So it maybe selfish but, at least, he would really think and understand what was required. What could be bigger and better than a classic Bond?
    edited July 2017 Posts: 23,883
    SF is a classic, but its larger than life legacy will arguably constrain and haunt Bond film makers going forward for some time to come. Nolan will have an even more dramatic impact on the franchise. My concern is where they will go after he brings his considerable talents to the franchise. Look at Batman for example. It's finished as a cultural tour de force for some time now imho because of how impressively Nolan reimagined it. His successors haven't got a clue.

In the interests of continuity, regularity and some structure, I would prefer Bond to stay within certain defined parameters, and so favour journeymen going forward.
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 4,602
    On that basis, he should not have directed Batman? Its a strange logic...to keep quality directors away from Bond as we will be disaapointed when they leave? On that basis, we eat Beans on toast every night?
    It may be strange logic, but I want my Bond fix every two to three years. I don't mind not seeing a Batman film for 10 years because they've never been that regular anyway. I grew up in an age when I could depend on Bond to scratch my itch for escapist fanfare with some regularity and I'd like that to continue. So yes, it's a selfish call but it remains my preference that they go with journeymen and not try for a home run each time out.

Don't get me wrong though: I think Nolan would knock it out of the park.

RE: The beans on toast analogy: If one hasn't had anything but such lowly fare for daily sustenance, then one doesn't really have anything else to compare to. Better to be fed regularly than have steak once a week.
    Its a wider debate to just Bond. Its a philosophy of life. Do we accept the average on a regular basis or hold out for something truely fantastic every once in a while?
    I agree and I'm philosophically a 'swing for the fences' type of guy myself normally. It's just that I'm sick and tired of the delays we've been getting lately with Bond films, and the results have been for the most part less than satisfactory (with a few exceptions).

I see Bond as sustenance, and so I'm less open to risks with this franchise.
    Yes, I appreciate the issue with delays but the danger is, we sacrifice quality for regular installments. I'm not sure the 2 relate directly and its perfectly possible to be waiting for years and still get something pretty poor.
    You're absolutely right. I still think that Nolan would be so consequential that the producers wouldn't know where to go after he's done. It's the aftermath that worries me, along with reset audience expectations.

If he's announced, I'd be ecstatic though.
    edited July 2017 Posts: 15,692
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @ClarkDevlin @Creasy47

1st trailer for 'The Disaster Artist', about the production of the cult film 'The Room':

James Franco is almost unrecognizable in that clip. Not really sure what to make of this based on the teaser.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    'The Dark Tower' clocks in at 95 minutes:

http://collider.com/dark-tower-movie-runtime/
    95min for a film about the potential end of the world sounds good. No bsing around, straight to the chase. Hopefully.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I'm there for this on Day One! :D
    I'm afraid to say I'll be seeing it on day one as well, despite one particular unfortunate casting choice. The stunts look fantastic.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    It has Nick Fury (Jackson), Deadpool (Reynolds) and Elektra (Elodie Yung). :D
    @bondjames you can tell us the truth - you are seeing it on day one for Salma Hayek. ;)
    @DaltonCraig007, Salma is certainly looking especially enticing in that trailer, and went some way towards convincing me. @ClarkDevlin, I didn't realize Elodie Yung was in it too. I feel much better now.

Update: The upcoming crime/drama film Roman Israel, Esq. (previously titled 'Inner City'), from the director of 'Nightcrawler', featuring Denzel Washington and Colin Farrell, gets an official release date of November 3, 2017.

denzel-washington-gets-into-character-while-filming-inner-city-06.jpg