Controversial opinions about anything

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I hate American football. I cannot stand it whatsoever. I think it's the worst sport, it's boring, repetitive, I just cannot stand it.

I agree with this.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I hate American football. I cannot stand it whatsoever. I think it's the worst sport, it's boring, repetitive, I just cannot stand it.

Sorry, but how is this controversial exactly?
    :))
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited December 2013 Posts: 40,459
    chrisisall wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

I know there are a lot of people from the UK on this site, but I figured some people would be angered at that. So many die-hard "football" fans here, it's disgusting. The sport is so terrible to watch.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    The sport is so terrible to watch.
    My Son played it in H.S. and I always feared for him. But he evolved beyond that. ;)
    chrisisall wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    The sport is so terrible to watch.
    My Son played it in H.S. and I always feared for him. But he evolved beyond that. ;)

That is very good news. ;-)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Speaking of which, I can't stand the word soccer in reference to what is, REAL football.
    It is in Montreal where you can find the best bagels.
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 1,405
    Here's two:

a)Can't understand why on earth people still smoke. You pay to smell bad, you pay to get cancer. You must be an idiot to smoke.

b)Can't understand why on earth people need coffee. Every coffee drinker is a liar. All the coffe drinker I know insist they drink 1 or 2 coffee a day, when every hour or so I watch them get another one.

• Creasy47 wrote:

Thank you for being an American that calls it by it's proper name =D> I can't stand it when people call football soccer and then call American football football.
    Here's two:

a)Can't understand why on earth people still smoke. You pay to smell bad, you pay to get cancer. You must be an idiot to smoke.

b)Can't understand why on earth people need coffee. Every coffee drinker is a liar. All the coffe drinker I know insist they drink 1 or 2 coffee a day, when every hour or so I watch them get another one.

It's funny that as I read this I'm sipping on a coffee. :))

BAIN123 wrote:
    Here's two:

It's funny that as I read this I'm sipping on a coffee. :))

And I'm smoking a cigarette ;-)
    Creasy47 wrote:

Thank you for being an American that calls it by it's proper name =D> I can't stand it when people call football soccer and then call American football football.

Especially as Amrican Football sees their players touching the "ball" with their hands the whole bloody time.
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 12,837
    I know nothing about American football but to me it just looks like rugby for wimps.
    SaintMark wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

Especially as Amrican Football sees their players touching the "ball" with their hands the whole bloody time.

Exactly, the name makes no sense at all.

It's relaxing. I gave it up a few years ago though after someone I knew died of lung cancer.

I only really drink coffee at work. Not sure why, just never drink it at home.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Creasy47 wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

I know there are a lot of people from the UK on this site, but I figured some people would be angered at that. So many die-hard "football" fans here, it's disgusting. The sport is so terrible to watch.

I have to agree. I hate football.
  • Dragonpol wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

No, you hate American football.
  • SuperheroSithSuperheroSith SE London
    I can't get into Breaking Bad! I admit it!
    Here's two:

Agreed here. And yes, about coffee, I always thought it tasted like it smelled like it looked.

Except, for some reason, in Italy. I like Italian coffee.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

No, you hate American football.

I hate both; I don't discriminate!
    I'll never get how American football got the name, when "soccer" in the UK and whatnot is a game played with feet, legs, knees, etc. Makes no sense how they worked that one out, and I would watch real football (or any sport) over American football any day of the work. Hockey is my favorite sport.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Hockey is my favorite sport.
    I like it when a game breaks out in between fights... :D
    edited December 2013 Posts: 40,459
    chrisisall wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Hockey is my favorite sport.
    I like it when a game breaks out in between fights... :D

Isn't it nice? Watching an ice-boxing match and you get a little game in between, haha.

The fights are great, but they should only be for two opposing pissed off players or for a losing team to boost morale and whatnot. My favorite team (Pittsburgh Penguins) had a guy get a concussion about a month ago when a whistle was blown and someone skated up behind him, threw him to the ground, and punched him in the face twice. He was defenseless, it wasn't a mutual fight, such a dirty, dirty play.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    A seemingly controversial opinion: I like Ryan Reynolds as an actor. I think he has great comedic timing, especially in non-comedic films like Blade: Trinity. I even dig him in Just Friends and stuff like that. And even when he doesn't have to do comedy, like in Safe House and Buried, I'm still enjoying myself.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Oh, I like Ryan Reynolds a good deal. He does have good timing and a winning way with comedy. I enjoyed The Proposal very much.
    I liked him in Green Lantern.
    *ducks*
    I've yet to see 'Green Lantern,' but from the work I've seen of Reynolds, I like him. I think he's great in comedies and he really held his own in 'Safe House.' Having said that, I'd appreciate seeing him in films that don't look terrible, like 'R.I.P.D.' I can't bring myself to watch that at all.
  • chrisisall wrote:
    I liked him in Green Lantern.
    *ducks*

Me too, I liked him better as GL than Henry Cavill as Superman.
    I'm really looking forward the showdown between Sinestro and GL in the sequel.
    DarthDimi wrote:
    A seemingly controversial opinion: I like Ryan Reynolds as an actor. I think he has great comedic timing, especially in non-comedic films like Blade: Trinity. I even dig him in Just Friends and stuff like that. And even when he doesn't have to do comedy, like in Safe House and Buried, I'm still enjoying myself.

liked him since I saw him in 2 guys, a girl and a pizzaplace.

so far not a very controversial opinion it seems

Here's one, maybe people will disagree because it obviously won for some reason and I've never seen it, but: 'Saving Private Ryan' ABSOLUTELY should've won the Best Picture Oscar over 'Shakespeare in Love.' I don't even need to see the latter to say that confidently.
    I like both Saving Private Ryan and Shakespeare in love, so whoever won was fine by me.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Here's one, maybe people will disagree because it obviously won for some reason and I've never seen it, but: 'Saving Private Ryan' ABSOLUTELY should've won the Best Picture Oscar over 'Shakespeare in Love.' I don't even need to see the latter to say that confidently.

Elizabeth should have won and Cate Blanchett should have won best actress. Oh and L.A. Confidential should have won instead of Titanic.