That is good taste.

Seconded. You're not missing a thing.
    Murdock wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    Chang wrote:
    I will never watch Man of Steel.

That is good taste.

Not really an opinion is it? More just a fact. "I'm not going to watch this movie."
  • Ludovico wrote:
    Chang wrote:

That is not very controversial.

It was alright, better than Superman Returns, IMO.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Murdock wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    Chang wrote:

That is good taste.

Not really an opinion is it? More just a fact. "I'm not going to watch this movie."

Little bit of Column A, little bit of Column B.
  • It's the implied, "It's so awful that it doesn't deserve my attention," factor. Anyway, Man of Steel wasn't that bad. It certainly wasn't the Dark Knight or the Richard Donner Superman, but it was a passable summer blockbuster.
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 381
    Superman I and II were by far the best films in that series (not really controversial). I'd take III and IV over both Superman Returns and Man of Steel. Reeves performance alone makes them passable and even better than the last two movies.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Superman I and II were by far the best films in that series (not really controversial). I'd take III and IV over both Superman Returns and Man of Steel. Reeves performance alone makes them passable and even better than the last two movies.
    I'd agree completely.
    Ray Stevenson was a much better Punisher than Thomas Jane.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Sorry but America are really pissing me off. Who are they fooling? Just sit back and leave the damn Russians alone. Putin isn't Gadafe or Sadam nor the N. Koreans for that matter. America's just asking for trouble. Not only that, where's the coverage of the Ukrainians embracing Russia? There are waves of them. Those wanting Western ideologies, great, let's see IMF and the cash flow being forked out. It's ridiculous!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Is that really controversial. @doubleoego ? Brussels is behind this whole charade though. But maybe we should leave politics out of this thread, otherwise it will be a cesspool of vitriol. I have lots of the stuff, but have held back.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I don't know. One can't criticises the US, especially when Russia's involved without being called a traitor or a communist. Anyway, you're probably right. Maybe leaving out politics is best but I just needed to get it off my chest.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Considering the title, anything is fair game, and this is coming from an American. The US just needs to have its fingers in every pie, it seems, no matter if the rising issues involve us or not.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    At the start of this thread it was agreed by most to leave religion and politics out, but if a majority wants that changed, great! I have a lot to say myself. But the threat of shutdown will be upon us.
  • According to that master philosopher, Linus Van Pelt: "I never discuss politics, religion, or the Great Pumpkin." I'd say the young fellow has a point.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    True, this thread will only manage to go one way if politics/religion are involved - as it always has - but I figured with the title, anything is fair game. I didn't even notice what was discussed in the very beginning about exclusions.
  • XXXXXX Banned
    Spice Girls never shoud of broken up.
    XXX wrote:
    Spice Girls never shoud of broken up.
    Flagged for extreme controversy & potential to destroy civilization as we know it.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople

Pussy Riot should remain in prison for playing terrible music.

Kiss is the worst major music act of all time.

South Park is better than the Simpson, while Seth MacFarlane is the anti-Christ of prime time animation shows.

Kashmir is a better Led Zeppelin song than Stairway to Heaven.

I'm such a meanie. :)

Kerim wrote:

South Park is better than the Simpson, while Seth MacFarlane is the anti-Christ of prime time animation shows.

No you're not. I agree with all of your opinions. :) Though I do like several KISS songs.
    I don't mind Detroit Rock City. Everything else. :-&
    Thank god Seth Macfarlane's Flintstone's reboot never happened.
  • XXXXXX Banned
    It's so nice to make friends here, everyone forever, forever, Blofeld :)
    Kerim wrote:
    I think Putin is a fan considering the amount of press he offers them

SO true

I concur

Pussy Riot are hooligans. Nothing more. They earned an arrest and this is coming from someone who is pro-protest and anti-Putin.
    Pussy Riot are hooligans. Nothing more. They earned an arrest and this is coming from someone who is pro-protest and anti-Putin.

The woods must be indeed very deep and dark where you live! You guys probably still mourn the end of the inquisition.
    Pussy Riot are hooligans. Nothing more. They earned an arrest
    Yes, absolutely; free speech must be crushed. Crushed and ground into the miserable soil from which it sprang. Expressing honest disagreement or even bitter resentment is just like murder or rape or talking at the theatre.
    edited March 2014 Posts: 2,629
    Matt_Helm wrote:

The woods must be indeed very deep and dark where you live! You guys probably still mourn the end of the inquisition.

Although saying "Free Pussy Riot" out loud is rather therapeutic, they would be better off going about their protests the right way. They are nothing more than hooligans who just happened to have gotten worldwide attention.

Do not besmirch the Inquisition. It was a glorious time in history. It gave us a great Monty Python sketch and a brilliant Mel Brooks musical number in History of the World.

chrisisall wrote:
    Pussy Riot are hooligans. Nothing more. They earned an arrest
    Yes, absolutely; free speech must be crushed. Crushed and ground into the miserable soil from which it sprang. Expressing honest disagreement or even bitter resentment is just like murder or rape or talking at the theatre.

Are you daft, man? I just said I'm pro-protest. You're spinning my words into that which they sre not. Pussy Riot went around storming churches and just being loud and obnoxious. That'd get you arrested in Canada, never mind Russia.

Anyway...

Melissa McCarthy is terrible. She's not funny, not in the slightest.
    Pussy Riot went around storming churches and just being loud and obnoxious. That'd get you arrested in Canada, never mind Russia.
    Arrested, okay, but TWO YEARS in the slam?

Melissa McCarthy was okay in Charlie's Angels...