Controversial opinions about anything

Comments

• pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Melissa McCarthy is terrible. She's not funny, not in the slightest.
    A little bit of her goes a long way. I can handle her as a minor character but if she is given too much screen time then fatigue sets in quickly.
    chrisisall wrote:
    Pussy Riot are hooligans. Nothing more. They earned an arrest
    Yes, absolutely; free speech must be crushed. Crushed and ground into the miserable soil from which it sprang. Expressing honest disagreement or even bitter resentment is just like murder or rape or talking at the theatre.

Are you daft, man? I just said I'm pro-protest. You're spinning my words into that which they sure not. Pussy Riot went around storming churches and just being loud and obnoxious. That'd get you arrested in Canada, never mind Russia.

Pussy Riot try and fight for the freedom of speech, something which is a given for you but which you seem to not want to give to anybody else??

Every democratic country has its figthers for freedom of speech, and it seems that in Russia there is not so much democracy when it comes to unfriendly opposition of the Putin, his goverment and the Church in Russia.

You should look beyond your personal taste, what if they were black would taht be better? :D ;)

pachazo wrote:
    Melissa McCarthy is terrible. She's not funny, not in the slightest.
    A little bit of her goes a long way. I can handle her as a minor character but if she is given too much screen time then fatigue sets in quickly.

I do not know her personaly, but enjoyed her role in the Gilmore Girls & Bridesmaids.

• royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Ah, @SaintMark - so that's where I know her from; her role in Gilmore Girls. I thought she looked familiar.
    Kerim wrote:
    South Park is better than the Simpsons

Duh!
    Kerim wrote:
    while Seth MacFarlane is the anti-Christ of prime time animation shows

Nah I like Family Guy. It's dumb but it's funny imo.
    American Dad has more re-watch value than Famliy Guy....
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 12,837
    royale65 wrote:

Yeah I think for the last couple of years I've preferred American Dad. Family Guy is getting a bit stale now while American Dad has gotten better as it's gone on.

And then there's The Cleveland Show. How that managed to last so long is beyond me. Should've been cancelled after the first series.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Here's another list:

- Land Of The Dead is a good addition to Romero's '.... Of The Dead' series. Much better than the two that followed.
    - Revenge Of The Pink Panther has the best Pink Panther theme.
    - Sucker Punch was a entertaining action/fantasy film. Rocket was the best, but then, she was played by Jena Malone, so she would be.
    - The film itself with awful beyond words, but Kristanna Loken was a perfect choice for Rayne in the first Bloodrayne film.
    - Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday is one of the best Friday The 13th films.
    - Hannibal > Silence Of The Lambs.
    Here's another list:

Boooo. Hiss ;)
    edited March 2014 Posts: 4,422
    royale65 wrote:

Yeah I think for the last couple of years I've preferred American Dad. Family Guy is getting a bit stale now while American Dad has gotten better as it's gone on.

And then there's The Cleveland Show. How that managed to last so long is beyond me. Should've been cancelled after the first series.

Indeed. As you've said Family Guy has gotten rather stale, whilst American Dad seems to get better each season.

I also can not fathom how The Cleveland Show made it past one series.

@MajorDSmythe - I agree about Land of the Dead. Probably my third favorite "... of the Dead" series, behind Dawn and, of course, Night.

Absolutely the gospel truth.

• edited March 2014 Posts: 14,864
    Serial killers movies or novels are generally very boring and lazy.
    <object width="560" height="354" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://movieclips.com/e/B8qMU/9.32/83.26"; style="background: #000000; display: block; overflow: hidden;"> <param name="movie" value="http://movieclips.com/e/B8qMU/9.32/83.26"; /><param name=FlashVars VALUE="autoPlay=false"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /> <param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /> <param name="wmode" value="transparent" /> <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /> <embed src="http://movieclips.com/e/B8qMU/9.32/83.26"; FlashVars="autoPlay=false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" movie="http://movieclips.com/e/B8qMU/9.32/83.26"; wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" ></embed> </object> <div style="margin: 0; padding: 1px 0 0 0; width: 560px; height: 27px; background: #000000; -moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 4px; -webkit-border-bottom-left-radius: 4px; border-bottom-left-radius: 4px; -moz-border-radius-bottomright: 4px; -webkit-border-bottom-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-right-radius: 4px; text-align: center; line-height: 11px;"> <a href="http://movieclips.com/B8qMU-lawrence-of-arabia-movie-a-funny-sense-of-fun/"; style="font-family: Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Sans-serif; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10px; color: #00aeff; text-decoration: none;">A Funny Sense of Fun</a><br /> <a href="http://movieclips.com/H8Rom-lawrence-of-arabia-movie-videos/"; style="font-family: Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Sans-serif; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10px; color: #ffffff; text-decoration: none;">Lawrence of Arabia</a> <a href="http://movieclips.com/"; style="font-family: Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Sans-serif; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10px; color: #cccccc; text-decoration: none;">at MOVIECLIPS.com</a></div>

Since the other video got taken down, I'll once again restate that this is the single greatest piece of editing in the history of film.
    I don't care for that seatbelt law in this state. I get a lot of disagreement concerning this subject.
    I figure if I want to take my chances and not buckle my seatbelt then why should the cops ticket me? I thought this was a free country.
    I'm a grown man and this should be my choice. I hate when they try to treat us like children as if we don't have the brains to take care of ourselves.

The insurance companies lobbied for and got this oppressive law passed because they were tired of paying expensive medical bills and death claims resulting from auto accidents.

If lawmakers were so concerned about our health then why don't they ban cigarettes?
    Because doctors can charge high fees for cancer treatment.

Its always about money.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    <object width="560" height="354" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://movieclips.com/e/B8qMU/9.32/83.26"; style="background: #000000; display: block; overflow: hidden;"> <param name="movie" value="http://movieclips.com/e/B8qMU/9.32/83.26"; /><param name=FlashVars VALUE="autoPlay=false"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /> <param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /> <param name="wmode" value="transparent" /> <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /> <embed src="http://movieclips.com/e/B8qMU/9.32/83.26"; FlashVars="autoPlay=false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" movie="http://movieclips.com/e/B8qMU/9.32/83.26"; wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" ></embed> </object> <div style="margin: 0; padding: 1px 0 0 0; width: 560px; height: 27px; background: #000000; -moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 4px; -webkit-border-bottom-left-radius: 4px; border-bottom-left-radius: 4px; -moz-border-radius-bottomright: 4px; -webkit-border-bottom-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-right-radius: 4px; text-align: center; line-height: 11px;"> <a href="http://movieclips.com/B8qMU-lawrence-of-arabia-movie-a-funny-sense-of-fun/"; style="font-family: Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Sans-serif; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10px; color: #00aeff; text-decoration: none;">A Funny Sense of Fun</a><br /> <a href="http://movieclips.com/H8Rom-lawrence-of-arabia-movie-videos/"; style="font-family: Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Sans-serif; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10px; color: #ffffff; text-decoration: none;">Lawrence of Arabia</a> <a href="http://movieclips.com/"; style="font-family: Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Sans-serif; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10px; color: #cccccc; text-decoration: none;">at MOVIECLIPS.com</a></div>

Since the other video got taken down, I'll once again restate that this is the single greatest piece of editing in the history of film.

I don't care about editing (well I do, but that is not my point) - at this moment, I am just happy to watch Peter O'Toole yet again. Love him, wonderful and unique actor; I do miss him. Yes, that was a gorgeous clip from the film; there are many splendid shots in that film, to be sure.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited March 2014 Posts: 12,459
    OHMSS69 wrote:
    I don't care for that seatbelt law in this state. I get a lot of disagreement concerning this subject.
    I figure if I want to take my chances and not buckle my seatbelt then why should the cops ticket me? I thought this was a free country.
    I'm a grown man and this should be my choice. I hate when they try to treat us like children as if we don't have the brains to take care of ourselves.

The insurance companies lobbied for and got this oppressive law passed because they were tired of paying expensive medical bills and death claims resulting from auto accidents.

If lawmakers were so concerned about our health then why don't they ban cigarettes?

Its always about money.

Gee, I always wear a seatbelt; I think it does help save lives.
    I hope you stay safe. I don't want you crashing thru a windshield. I wouldn't give you a ticket, though. :)>-
    It's funny; here I am in Japan and I am about the only one always buckling up. And my Japanese friends, nearly all of them (one exception) are NOT good drivers. Dear God, no. Not at all. It is not safe. You risk your life walking near a street, crossing a street, and in the car. What is also amusing (I prefer to be amused rather than annoyed or terrified for my life, though at times that seems the dominant feeling) ... is that a couple of taxi drivers in my area do not even have a working seatbelt for the passenger. Nope. It simply won't connect; it doesn't work. Nice, huh?  (I use taxis often.) But what is not funny, actually, is that I see many parents not putting their children into a child seat or buckling them in at all. Kids are on laps on sitting on seats or standing up, not strapped in. I can't be amused at that, though; no.
    The terms trilogy, quadrilogy (or tetralogy) in the movie industry is overused and often inaccurate. A sequel to a movie does not make said sequel and the next one a trilogy.
    OHMSS69 wrote:

Its always about money.

Without trying to accuse you of ignorance, maybe you need to watch these:

It really isn't that difficult to have to wear a seatbelt now is it?
  • There's a difference between wanting to wear a seatbelt and thinking it should be enforced by law. I always wear a seatbelt, but am unsure about legally enforcing it.

Anyway, Revenge of the Sith was a fine edition to the Star Wars canon. The Thrawn Trilogy and Knights of the Old Republic are still canon no matter what anybody says.
    There's a difference between wanting to wear a seatbelt and thinking it should be enforced by law. I always wear a seatbelt, but am unsure about legally enforcing it.

From a country which such stupid laws concerning firearms I can understand that kind of reasoning.

• SaintMark wrote:
    There's a difference between wanting to wear a seatbelt and thinking it should be enforced by law. I always wear a seatbelt, but am unsure about legally enforcing it.

From a country which such stupid laws concerning firearms I can understand that kind of reasoning.

And now I remember why I said we should leave politics out of this thread.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited May 2014 Posts: 17,696
    Seat belts don't save lives; the decision to wear them does.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I don't ever see the point in not wearing a seat belt. Anytime I ride in a car with anyone else, no matter how packed the car is, I make sure everyone is wearing their seat belt, and I hate the whole "Yeah, but it's uncomfortable." excuse. Please, it's not that bad. You know what is uncomfortable, I'm sure? Dying in a car crash because you didn't want to be uncomfortable for a little while.
    If Batman can wear his seatbelt the rest of us shouldn't have any problem with it.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 4,813
    chrisisall wrote:
    If Batman can wear his seatbelt the rest of us shouldn't have any problem with it.
    I may have to make a Batman/seatbelt PSA photo this Halloween :D
    No one could do it better! :)>-
    chrisisall wrote:

Please do. I could see something like that going viral.

"If The Dark Knight can wear his seatbelt, why can't you?"
    edited May 2014 Posts: 17,696
    "Okay, M-mister Batman, I'll wear the seatbelt for gosh sakes!"
    "WEAR IT FOR ME!!"
    Child: "H-hey, sir, I said I'll wear my freaking seatbelt!"
    Batman: "You're garbage who kills for money."
    Child: "Whoaaa, hey, I don't know about all that."
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    I'm going to spark some outrage with what I'm about to type.

Ketchup on meat is horrible.

Actually, ketchup is horrible period.