The Friday Salute: A user appreciation thread (THIS WEEK: StirredNotShaken aka SNS)

Comments

• MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    edited March 2014 Posts: 8,027
    Should the old list be included? Here's the original Friday Salute thread that included all of those who were given tribute all the way back on the olde Keeping the British End Up forum: http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/85/the-friday-salute-commander-james-bond/p1

19MAR2010 - Perilagu Khan
    26MAR2010 - Octopussy
    02APR2010 - Dusty
    09APR2010 - MADD Studios
    16APR2010 - Lazenby
    23APR2010 - Fieldsman
    01MAY2010 - shadowonthesun
    20MAY2010 - Makeshift Python
    28MAY2010 - Largo's Shark
    11JUN2010 - Jet Set Willy
    18JUN2010 - Darth Dimi
    05JUL2010 - Luds
    09JUL2010 - Major D. Smythe
    20JUL2010 - Retrokitty
    02AUG2010 - Saunders (V Section)
    26AUG2010 - M_Balje
    17SEP2010 - danslittlefinger
    01OCT2010 - collister
    08OCT2010 - Disco Volante
    15OCT2010 - The Operative
    05NOV2010 - Willard Whyte
    12NOV2010 - Saint Mark
    26NOV2010 - Samuel 001
    6of1 p42
    G section p43
    Golden Gun p44
    Lalala2004 p45
    St. George p47
    NicNac p51
    Nid p53
    Double o' nothing p54
    Tux p57
    Tubes p60
    Bong p62
    George Lazenby p64
    Prince Kamal Kahn p66
    11MAR2011 - Timmer
    18MAR2011 - Commander James Bond

Interestingly, it ended after only two entries since the inception of MI6 Community, and didn't seem to be revived until this new thread started two years later (unless there was another thread in between the two).
    We won't worry about the old thread. All of those users are eligible, unless they've also been honoured in this thread. Very many thanks for the rigorous work it must've taken to throw that together, though.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Very nicely found @MakeshiftPython.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 3,564
    Before the voting is over, let me just add my voice to the chorus of praise for @Kerim. You retuned just when we needed you most, Kerim! Even Bond himself could not have been more "in the nick of time" than you were! So here's to you, Kerim, most welcome of returnees!

And my own vote goes to @Thunderfinger, just to try to heat up the contest...
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    And my own vote goes to @Thunderfinger, just to try to heat up the contest...
    He is funnier than I ever imagined being.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Wow, thank you, gentlemen. I will set aside my principle then, and cast a vote this week. For @QBranch. One of the funniest and brightest around here.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I vote for @QBranch as well.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    I will vote for Q Branch also
    Any more votes on this or shall we get cracking @StirredNotShaken?
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 2,400
    Yes, I apologize, last weekend was rough and this was the last thing on my mind. If anyone has a piece to say about Kerim, you have until Friday to say so. @QBranch is our next member to be honoured.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited March 2014 Posts: 12,459
    QBranch! Yay!

Here's to you, dear QBranch! <:-P

Indeed QBranch is such a vital part of Bond's success (with always a perfect Q avatar to go with his fab username) and a very vital part of this Bond forum. QBranch gives us an abundance of thoughtful, well written, and often very funny posts. He is never mean, nasty, or ill tempered (what does he put in his coffee every morning I wonder? We should all be drinking it!). And may I add, creative. I have so thoroughly enjoyed his recent artwork, I am sharing it here. QBranch's poster for the fake new Bond movie, Come and Dive:
    13428812163_93f1177189_o.png

Cheers, QBranch! Happy to salute you all week here on this fine thread.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    @QBranch. MI6's very own quartermaster. The man with a million gadgets. I've sort of become his unofficial apprentice as I too have been busy making my own gadgets. When not in the lab, he's designing Parody Propaganda as seen above and is a master at it. He has a fine taste in watches and proved the pen, it truly mightier than the sword. Here here my friend, I am very proud to salute you! :-bd
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 6,396
    "They call him Mr Branch".

Of all the members past and present on this forum, he is without a doubt the wittiest I have encountered. Need proof? Just view the above poster. Absolute class. Rarely a day goes by without me laughing out loud at one of his posts. I can't imagine what life on this forum would be like without him.

So three cheers to @QBranch. Hands down, the funniest person to come out of Australia since Yahoo Serious. ;-)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Here's to dear @QBranch. One of the funniest members of this community. I do truly marvel at your ability never to be short of a witticism on the CapCon or on your long conversations with @Murdock on the Activity page! Enjoy your week, sir!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Congratulations on a well deserved salute @QBranch. Your humorous posts and wit are always a great addition to this forum. But also the wealth of Bond knowledge and friendly attitude in your posts.
    Vesper-002-de1.jpg
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    @QBranch you rock! Congratulations on being (In the word of Bill & Ted) EXCELLENT! =D>
    edited March 2014 Posts: 45,489
    @QBranch is one of the most beloved members here, due to his quick quips and excellent good natured manner. He knows all dialogue in all Bond films by heart and puts it to brilliant use in the most unexpected ways. Always original, always spreading smiles and laughter. Would be a bit more boring here without him, that is certain.
    And good taste in music as well. Plus he is an Aussie, another plus in the book.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I'm so glad that we are saluting @QBranch, aka our agent down under, this week. He's one of the funniest guys here and he's always intelligent, knowledgeable and a good sport! This place would most certainly be boring without him ;)

Cheers mate oregonian_martini.gif
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited March 2014 Posts: 2,629
    @QBranch comes from a land down under, where he rolls with the women and makes them thunder.

A man after my own heart. One of my chief rivals in the comic and caption departments. But most certainly, a friendly and well respected rival. As his name implies, he helps the MI6 community carry out its mission. To paraphrase the late, great Desmond Llewellyn, MI6 wouldn't be here without @QBranch.

To one of the more valuable and witty members of the MI6 Community and a class act, I toast you with a Foster's (or the liquid refreshment of your choice).
    Here goes my salute to you, @QBranch!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited March 2014 Posts: 13,350
    An all-round funny and friendly guy, @QBranch comes across as warm and welcoming to both new and old members on the forum. His attitude is infectious and sometimes much needed.

More members should be like you @QBranch!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited March 2014 Posts: 14,002
    Aw, schucks. :\"> I really don't know what to say- I'm not used to all the attention! Thanks for the kind words, ladies and gents. It was a brilliant move joining this community back in 2011. Bond is a part of my life now more than it ever was before, and I've met and conversed with some truly great people here. I have my fun with jokes and puns, and I'm happy many of you get a laugh from them- but sometimes I yearn to converse with members on a more intellectual level, especially regarding Bond's behind-the-scenes, as well as various non-Bond topics like history, politics etc. I do have my moments, but I often come across some really well written, eloquent comments with substance that either goes over the top of my head, or I simply lack the knowledge to join in on the conversation. Although we have not met each other physically, I feel like I have many friends here, and after two-and-a-half years of membership, I still don't know many of you as well as I'd like, and vice versa. Sentiments aside, I am honoured to be nominated in this appreciation thread- you guys have suddenly made me feel more at home than ever. :)
    edited March 2014 Posts: 45,489
    edited March 2014 Posts: 14,002
    :)) Strangely, I'm not much of a beer drinker (fair dinkum?!), but I do like my spirits. I'll have some homemade spirits or a vodka as I can mix it with soft drink or juice. Yum yum.

11882314943_b1b6d61545_o.png
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    QBranch wrote:
    :)) Strangely, I'm not much of a beer drinker (fair dinkum?!), but I do like my spirits. I'll have some homemade spirits or a vodka as I can mix it with soft drink or juice. Yum yum.

11882314943_b1b6d61545_o.png

Bottoms up, @QBranch. ;)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    QBranch wrote:
    :)) Strangely, I'm not much of a beer drinker (fair dinkum?!), but I do like my spirits.

You have always struck me as a lover of the paranormal, @QBranch.
    What can I say? Bustin' makes me feel good.

Bustin' out the booze, that is :))
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @QBranch is a much respected veteran of this forum. His knowledge of the Bonds, combined with good taste and an enjoyable sense of humour, make him a valid contributor. But, like all great men, @QBranch has a peculiar past...

T'was the time before times, when the entire universe was concentrated into a small ball of unstable energy, hotter than a trillion trillion suns, denser than a neutron star and more unstable than a woman in Sean Connery's presence in '65. With a "bang" no louder than silence, this ball exploded into something no bigger than a pea. Yet it is known as "the big bang". But you see, that has nothing to do with the explosion itself. For in that moment of birth of our cosmos, one man awoke from divine hibernation, a remnant of a previous universe, now ready once more to guide mankind through its many stages of evolution, from separate particles to a complex collection of atoms that thinks it's a person, from the brutal primates of the African wild to Homo Sapiens Sapiens. Every next step in our road to maximum entropy happens under the guidance of QBranch.

He's that awesome!

Here's to you, my friend. ;-)

toasting.jpg
    :)

Thanks for explaining my Big Bang theory, Dimi. I hope everyone got the thrust of it.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Well he is, after all, a cunning linguist. Anyway, here's to you @QBranch! May your presence be reckoned with. You're indeed an outstanding member of this community!
    Cheers!!