The Friday Salute: A user appreciation thread (THIS WEEK: StirredNotShaken aka SNS)

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    YOU are appreciated, my upside-down brother.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Ya know, you're a top bloke, Thunderfinger. Fair dinkum, mate. ;)
    Thanks and right back at you.
    For those who wonder: "Fair dinkum" is Aussie lingo for "swear to God". Not entirely sure about this, but I believe Dinkum is the name of their god.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    And today is friday, so if I understand the rules correctly , which I may not as I come from the same country as Goldmember (you know, where Sean Connery speaks German), but today is the first day to honour birdbrain. eh. Thunderfinger!
    So, from me to you, some cheese. You're one fine member, giving so much humour to these boards we all might think we ended up in some sort of sitcom.
    Thanks for beeing around here, you're one top bloke.

oh, and I think you're right about Dinkum, I think that's the great Dingo mother in the sky or something. It had something to do with dropbears as well iirc..
    edited April 2014 Posts: 45,489
    :)) Thanks, you are one funny dude as well.My intuition is mostly top notch, be it about the fairness of mighty Dinkum or the brilliance of appreciated co members such as yourself.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Very happy to make a salute to @Thunderfinger. You may be a fairly new addition to the forums in some respects. But your presence, wit, Bondian knowledge and general friendly attitude, have made you an appreciated and valued member and friend too many.
    Thanks for your contributions to this forum my Norwegian friend. You're a fine member, and I hope we see you with us for the foreseeable future.
    Now how about a few rounds of akevitt
    akevitt_Guide-780x420.jpg
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited April 2014 Posts: 12,459
    Oh, goody! Now I get to post my first tribute here, to dear @Thunderfinger ... one I already posted this a.m. on the limerick thread.

From Japan With Love to Thunderfinger

There once was a Nordic loon
    He thundered loudly the same old tune
    "A troll I am not
    Brosnan's films are full of rot"
    And back to the fjords he ran with his spittoon

And that is meant in the kindliest way. Cheers to you, Thunderfinger; you are a comrade in Bond. I think we only differ in my brilliant appreciation of Pierce Brosnan and your, er, other opinion on his films. :D
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 6,396
    Whenever I read his name on here I always seem to sing it in a Shirley Bassey voice: "THUUUNDERFINGERRRRRRR".

For someone who hasn't been here long, you certainly have made quite an impact on this forum.

For some time, although your sense of humour is very British-like, I didn't know how to take it given your Nordic origins. But it has since become clear that you are an incredibly witty person and it's nice to see that irony and deadpan humour is not just limited to these shores. Your recent turn in the caption competition had me in fits and you were the deserved winner.

I was going to do you your very own limerick but I don't think I can better @4EverBonded so instead I've come with this, just for you:

Brosnan IS Taffin you all cheer
    But his muddled accent isn't terribly clear
    His next line came along
    And he roared like King Kong
    "THEN MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T BE LIVING HEEEEEEERRRRRRREEEEEEEE!"

;-)

Cheers @Thunderfinger for your continued presence and participation on this forum.
    Benny wrote:
    I want to thank all members here for flagging every single post @Thunderfinger has made ever since he joined. The administrator is stinking drunk for the seventh month in a row, but once he sobers up, @Thunderfinger will be history. keep flagging in the meantime.
    Glad you take your job seriously, @Benny.You are one of my favourites here. Always reflected and fair. Until I get banned, I will keep enjoying your posts, and really happy to have met you, friend.

Oh, goody! Now I get to post what I really feel about @Thunderfinger

From Japan With "Love" to Thunderfinger
    Brosnan the love of my life
    I one day will be his wife
    That Norwegian clown
    Can take a swim and drown
    He only causes strife

And that is meant in the "kindliest", way. Get lost, Thunderfinger; you are an imbecile. I think we differ about everything, especially what it means to be a decent human being
    Well, I totally respect that. You are the Mother Hen here, always reprimanding people who cross the line in the gentlest way. Your line of work shows. You are one of my favourites, and I really hope you will stick around 4Ever.

tumblr_mdbma8hQtZ1rtr3kno1_1280.png
    Er...thanks. You are one of my favourites as well. Love your humour and friendliness. Hope you stick around forever as well.

Appreciate it, folks. Feel like one of the gang now.

I have never had words put in my mouth (or "typed" from me) before that has made me laugh so hard. Oh, Thunderfinger, you are definitely part of our merry little band here.
    How you got hold of Benny's secret email, I'll never know. He wasn't going to post that one! Ah well ... only one thing to do:

Here's to you, @Thunderfinger!
    th?id=HN.608022560101567867&pid=15.1
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited October 2020 Posts: 17,845
    I'm happy to salute my friend @Thunderfinger this week. You're one of the wittiest members of this community, very polite and welcoming to all and we share a love of the esoteric and downright weird. We make a good team on these boards. I raise my glass to you, sir. Enjoy your week of glory!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    The man who shares my activity page. ;) I salute you good friend. Sorry about the trolls. Skiing? :))
    Dragonpol wrote:
    This should have been my week of glory, not yours. To think that I gave you that one extra vote you needed. I have been kicking myself all week. Do not speak to me again, please.

Calm down, I am sure it will be your turn next time. My vote is already booked. You have been friendly and supportive from the very start as you always are, and your Bond knowledge is amazing. Can hardly believe it is I who receive these lovely words now and not you. Stick around, friend. I enjoy your posts, personal messages and blog immensely. Hard to fathom you are as young as you claim (that picture tells me you are lying ;) )
    Murdock wrote:
    Get the hell off my activity page. I have done the math, and Goldeneye would have been on 680 points by now if it was not for your cheating. Expect a mine in the mail.
    Sorry about that. I will correct the score come Monday. But I am not scared of mines.Mines are scared of me. I have picked WW2 mines from the coastline and they were big, bad and spiky. Yours are just cute. And so are you, dear friend. I will keep trolling your activity page, just because i love you.

;)

And thanks for the beer, @4EverBonded. Glad you were not offended. I embarrass you all just to keep my promise, and it is done with great love. You have all been too generous, and I really appreciate it.
    Dragonpol wrote:
    This should have been my week of glory, not yours. To think that I gave you that one extra vote you needed. I have been kicking myself all week. Do not speak to me again, please.

Calm down, I am sure it will be your turn next time. My vote is already booked. You have been friendly and supportive from the very start as you always are, and your Bond knowledge is amazing. Can hardly believe it is I who receive these lovely words now and not you. Stick around, friend. I enjoy your posts, personal messages and blog immensely. Hard to fathom you are as young as you claim (that picture tells me you are lying ;) )
    Murdock wrote:
    Get the hell off my activity page. I have done the math, and Goldeneye would have been on 680 points by now if it was not for your cheating. Expect a mine in the mail.
    Sorry about that. I will correct the score come Monday. But I am not scared of mines.Mines are scared of me. I have picked WW2 mines from the coastline and they were big, bad and spiky. Yours are just cute. And so are you, dear friend. I will keep trolling your activity page, just because i love you.

;)

And thanks for the beer, @4EverBonded. Glad you were not offended. I embarrass you all just to keep my promise, and it is done with great love. You have all been too generous, and I really appreciate it.

@Thunderfinger - you are hilarious. Enjoy your week. And yes, I am only 29, though I will be 30 in October.
    Cheers, Thunderfinger!
    And by the way, is that a Norwegian troll on the Norwegian beer? ;)
    Cheers, Thunderfinger!
    And by the way, is that a Norwegian troll on the Norwegian beer? ;)

Don't feed the trolls...drink. ;)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited April 2014 Posts: 16,333
    Murdock wrote:

;)

LOL fascinating. :)) But just because my mines are cute doesn't mean they aren't effective. ;)
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 6,396
    I've just read the posts that @Thunderfinger has re-written.

Brilliant. ^:)^

Thanks!

Thanks!

Indeed - he's a master comic!
    NicolasCage.jpg
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 19,339
    I very rarely come into this thread but thought i would have a look !!
    @thunderfinger is a great member to have around,cheerful,humorous and a thoroughly decent guy.

A credit to the forum say i !!!!

james-bond-sex-first-007-811832.jpeg
    hahaha, you do yourself credit, dear friend. Thanks a lot. I really appreciate you as well, and know you are not just clowning around unlike some others (Thunderfinger in particular).
    Fun fact: Six in Swedish is "sex". What filthy bastards those people are, really hope Bond does not go there next. Norway, anyone? ;)
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    I'd love to go there @Thunders, but my Girlfriend has banned me from all of Scandinavia.
    I do have a complaint though, i think that picture of a Cage is off the mark and totally USFW. If that hair is normal I'm half greek. And I'm not, for the record. btw is that what Fione Volpe meant with 'do you think I should be locked up in a cage'? I'm getting utterly confused now. Pills. I need pills.
    tumblr_lyun6gMML61qe5gano1_500.jpg
    Are we starting our next vote yet?
    Yes, only eight people love me, so @Dragonpol now. I am sure he will get a whole lot of love. I am so disappointed, crying now... :(( ~X(
    =D>
    Well, thank you and good night. See you all in Hell.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    He is a cloaked casanova from an ancient land. He speaks in many tongues, most proficient in the language of love, which he uses to break the hearts of all the women he locks eyes with. He also exists in various separate alternate realities. In one world he is a dangerous, handsome and muscular demon slayer, freeing the village of Tambuum from Desparatu, a fiery demon that snatches babies away in the thick of the night and eats them for breakfast. In another he was reincarnated as a squirrel following a tragic freak accident, spending his days protecting his tree and fellow animal brethren from a group of falcons that nest just a yard's length away. In this world he is revered for his fur, a beautiful hazel color with faint white swirls across his back, and the only thing he loves more than the squirrelettes (the lady squirrels) are his nuts. He also likes the edible ones, too. Hell, in yet another reality he's even my dad, which is kind of weird and very difficult to explain to my father in this world, who he stole my mother away from in this alternate reality. Now the "me" of this reality and my other..."me" from the other world find Fathers' Day to be very strange, since he has met my dad from this universe and I've met his. My mother seems unaffected by this crazy revelation though, as she goes shopping on the weekends with her other self and even gossips with her about both versions of my father and I. Women, huh?!

When a tree falls in a forest and nobody is around to hear it, he still does (don't ask me how). He may be known for his successes as a professional boxer, dragon slayer, rockstar and superhero, but he's also a man who finds pleasure in the simple things. He likes to spend his summers in a log cabin in the English countryside, enjoys Nicholas Sparks novels and he'll even argue till death that pink is a fashionable color for a man to wear on any month out of the year. However, he's also got his larger than life problems to deal with. Following a recent doctor's checkup he got diagnosed with I'msexyandiknowititis, a condition affecting anyone with a vagina that is within a 50 foot perimeter of him. Following the diagnosis he had to bolt every entrance and exit in his home with strong steel doors to keep the horny females away for fear that they'd tear him to shreds in their orgasmic state. It's a rough trial to go through, but he's getting therapy and taking his vitamin supplements. To make matters worse, his biceps and pectoral muscles have been classified as weapons of mass destruction by all nations except Switzerland (as usual), which means he is restricted from flying in the airspaces of most countries besides his own, especially Russia, China and North Korea. He has to resist flexing or moving his arms too much most times so that his muscles don't start massive earthquakes worldwide, which would make it the first time ever that a human being caused a natural disaster singlehandedly.

His name is @Thunderfinger, folks, and we're all happy to salute him this week. I'd tell you all what his username actually means, but its too inappropriate for even this crowd, and if it were a film it'd get well above an NC-17 rating. @Thunderfinger hasn't been with us long, but he has fast made himself at home. He is yet another honorary member of the class clowns, court of jesters and all around pranksters active here at the good ol' MI6C along with Willy and Kerim, to name but a few. He is self-depricating often, cunning always and funny forevermore. I ever heard that George Carlin once called him the best comedian he'd ever been around, and that he stole his "7 Words You Can Never Say on Television" bit from him. On second thought, that may have just been some homelss guy outside of Wal-Mart... Regardless, his hard on for Bond is just as big as the hearty laughs he gives us day in and day out, and for that I very much look forward to getting to know him more. Here's to you, @Thunderfinger, a star on the rise. :)>-