The Friday Salute: A user appreciation thread (THIS WEEK: StirredNotShaken aka SNS)

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    You are a genuine star, 0Brady. (*)
    I truly love your tributes.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited April 2014 Posts: 28,694
    You are a genuine star, 0Brady. (*)
    I truly love your tributes.

That is most kind of you to say. I love doing them and they are also great creative writing practice. Finals week is coming upon my campus at the moment but I had to give @Thunderfinger the tribute he deserved.
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 1,280
    I never knew Thunderfinger is a Nicholas Cage fan. That's groovy.
    They both share the same hairbrush. ;-)
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 19,339
    I never knew Thunderfinger is a Nicholas Cage fan. That's groovy.
    I knew there was one out there somewhere !!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    A digital storm is approaching, and his name is Thunderfinger

Aah, Thunderfinger. My favourite finger. My number one digit. I haven't forgotten to salute you, my friend. I'm just not very good at these speeches. As someone who's only been here for half a year, it's great to see you quickly become a well respected member through your combination of Bondian knowledge, incredible wit, and generally warm personality. My regular sparring partner on the activity page, keeping me in check when I think I'm being too clever, and having great taste in avatars. Keep up the good work- although I'm still not quite sure how good you are. Anyways, looking forward to getting to know you better, buddy. :-bd
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Let me tell you about @Thunderfinger.

Odin's offspring is, to say the least, incredible. I'm not talking about that hammer throwing nitwit who stayed in Asgard. I'm talking about the fierce slayer of men, that mighty bloke who decided to guard Earth. He lives in Norway nowadays, and his name is THUNDERFINGER, brother of the God of Thunder, but we know what this one can do with his little finger... ;-)

I salute @Thunderfinger! A fellow continental European, and from my experiences a kind and wise member.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Reading those amazing tributes suddenly took my hangover from last night away. Thanks from the bottom of my heart. Always thought those little stories posted here were made up, but now I see they are all true.

Sure I am a Cage fan. Funny story: When <i>National Treasure</i> was in the cinemas I walked past a poster for the fim in the subway, with my wife and son. He was 5 years old. He looked at the poster and said "<i>Look! It is Daddy!"</i> Haha, I do not look like him either, but my kid really believed that was me.

Aaah bless...i hope you made the most of it !!
    We sure got a good laugh.
  • You might try to fool us, @Thunderfinger, but we know that you're really Nicolas Cage. Don't you have some women to go kick or an alphabet to recite?
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Ah Thunderfinger! A worthy contender to the title of coolest username on mi6community. Not only that, but he's also a contender for coolest member of mi6community! One of our brave scandinavian agents, always on duty, always witty, always ready for action ;).
    I salute you @Thunderfinger! oregonian_martini.gif
    Nothing shows more appreciation than a Thunderfinger salute. :))
    As opposed to the "two fingers" Thunderfingers salute ... >:)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    As opposed to the "two fingers" Thunderfingers salute ... >:)

Peace, man.
    I think Thunderfinger gets the thunderpoint.
    Two fingers=45 variations, one for every purpose...

@Sandy, thanks a lot! Coming from a cool cat as yourself, that is high and heartwarming praise.

To those who have not given me any undeserved love yet: Too starstruck? Haha!

I had a lovely week, and repeat that it is @Dragonpol next. Or do we have to wait for a word from Mr. Appreciation himself, @StirredNotShaken before voting? I think he may be due some appreciation himself in the near future for setting this lovely thread up.

Yes @Dragonpol deserves his week in the sun. ;-)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'll vote for @Dragonpol as well. :)
    edited April 2014 Posts: 14,008
    Add another vote from me to the 'pol poll. :P
    edited April 2014 Posts: 12,459
    I vote for Draggers, er ... Dragonpol - but yes, we do have to wait for confirmation by our Thread Master, Stirred Not Shaken, after votes are counted.

And we are not through with you just yet ... almost, dear Thunderfinger.
    Here is one variation, shamelessly copied by Chris: (this is the nice version ...)

th?id=HN.608018759067701039&pid=15.1
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    It would be a great pleasure to vote for Dragonpol this week.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    @Dragonpol for me too!
    May our appreciation for the Finger of Thunder
    linger a bit longer, for our hearts he has plundered

:)>-
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    QBranch wrote:

Indeed. You are a poet and scholar and you do know it, @QBranch!
    Aah, thanks for the poem. And that picture. Curious about the not so nice version, though.
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 6,396
    Dragonpol wrote:
    QBranch wrote:

Indeed. You are a poet and scholar and you do know it, @QBranch!

The word scholar has brought this into my head!

For some reason the link isn't working.

Bang goes that gag then! ;-)

• Count my vote for Dragonpol.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Once again, @Dragonpol gets my vote. He's long overdue.