The Friday Salute: A user appreciation thread (THIS WEEK: StirredNotShaken aka SNS)

Comments

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    @Dragonpol, you're one fine MI6 operative! Thanks for all the fun and jokes, and even some serious comments as well!! You're one sure-fire addition to the forums!
    I salute you!
    d__oldfinger_by_claudia_r-d4hu4pq.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    How to train your Dragonpol? No need, he is as friendly and civil as anything you will encounter here. A huge step up from that last troll to be appreciated. No one knows more about litterary Bond, but that is not the only reason to love him. His dry wit is another as is the aforementioned sympathy and support he shows everyone unless they are obvious wanke[s. I recommend his blog for anyone who has not read it.

The first to visit my page when I was a newcomer, and for a long tome the only one, very symptomatic of the kind of guy he is. Even before I registered here, I saw him as quite a legend, and one that stood out from the crowd.

@Drugonpal, I am so honoured to have become a friend of yours, and really happy that you get your week or so of glory. well deserved. Love you, man! \m/
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited April 2014 Posts: 13,943
    Now, what could I possibly say about Dragonpol?
    His blogs are more wholesome than a bowl of casserole
    A true Bond aficionado- his knowledge as a whole
    Often, others meet him thinking they know, then pay the toll
    It's like he's studied the Bondiverse since he was a foal
    Helps keep this forum's fire burning, his input is coal
    Since he joined this community, our hearts he has stole
    God forbid he ever leave us- who could fill that hole?
    Legendary as a dragon, glad he jumped on the MI6 wagon
    Here's cheers, now everyone raise a flagon
    To our dear Dragonpol, sir I salute you like a flagpole.

=D>
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited April 2014 Posts: 16,331
    Dragonpol. The man, the myth the Manimal. A great mind and Bond historian. Has a good sense of humor and is a pleasure to talk to. It's good to have you here and here's hoping to many more good years to come.

I salute you my friend. :)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Here's to you ~ the wonderful, special, uniquely named Dragonpol!

You are ever the consummate Bond fan, the seeker of further Bond knowledge, a treasure trove of Bond essays and provider of much interesting discussion and thought of all things James Bond, and a veteran blogger. You are a great part of this forum and may you forever reign. I always enjoy your posts and you are also one of the most welcoming members here.

To you, dear Dragonpol: Cheers! =D>
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited April 2014 Posts: 17,811
    Thank you so much to all those members who have saluted me. I really appreciate your kind words and will get back to each and every one of you in more detail soon. I'm proud to be a member of this superlative community; the members make it the great place that it is so I salute you all in return for that! :)
    Some say his brain has it's own gravitational pull and that he once battered Daniel Craig's testicles with a carpet beater.......all we know is he's called @Dragonpol. :-bd

This appreciation of you is long overdue my friend. Enjoy it greatly. \m/
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Here's to Dragonpol!!!!

Thank you chaps - much appreciated. And I do intend to write about Bond's testicular trauma on my blog at a later date, @WillyGalore! I keep my villainous streak well in check even though my name is Dragonpol!
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    @Dragonpol, thank you for your entertaining and in-depth contributions to this community!

289wnrs.jpg

Here's to Dragonpol!

P.S I can't drink alcohol yet, so soft drinks will suffice!
    edited May 2014 Posts: 17,811
    @Dragonpol, thank you for your entertaining and in-depth contributions to this community!

289wnrs.jpg

Here's to Dragonpol!

Thank you very much, @MayDayDiVicenzo. As I don't drink alcohol myself I'll gladly accept soft drinks!

289wnrs.jpg

Here's to Dragonpol!

That never stopped me at your age. ;-)

289wnrs.jpg

Here's to Dragonpol!

Well, to be honest *hic*, I think I'll be a none *hic* drinker anyway...Wine will do, however *hic*

289wnrs.jpg

Here's to Dragonpol!

Well, to be honest *hic*, I think I'll be a none *hic* drinker anyway...Wine will do, however *hic*

A 16yr old drinking wine? That's so middle class! :D

289wnrs.jpg

Here's to Dragonpol!

A 16yr old drinking wine? That's so middle class! :D

*hic*oh no, only with restaurant meals*hic*
    *downs a litre of white lightning*
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    I was drinking Guinness when I was your age. And cider. And vodka. And silver bullets...
    royale65 wrote:
    I was drinking Guinness when I was your age. And cider. And vodka. And silver bullets...
    That's quite something!

But no, I'm afraid I won't touch the stuff!
    Drink from the milk of human kindness - much better than any alcohol!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Thanks for being here @Dragonpol. You bring a lot to this forum.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Dragonpol is one of a kind, both in name as in style. Always the gentleman, always thoughtful, always himself. His love for Gardner novels is unmatched and his knowledge of the most obscure themes in Bondology would earn him a PhD.
    I salute you @Dragonpol! Let's make a toast with chilled ginger ale with an olive oregonian_martini.gif
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Dragonpol wrote:
    That's a cocktail I've never heard of? What's in it, Bailey's?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Milk of human kindness: It's a rare drink, I dare say. That plus ambrosia and you've got the best drink in the world and in the heavens. :)

Ah, my pint is ready - I'll finish this thought later ...
    Dragonpol wrote:

Non-alcoholic of course!
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:

Non-alcoholic of course!

Aaahhhrrrgg!!! you're killing me here!!!! ;-)
    NON alchoholic ? are you having a laugh or what ???!!!! he he.

You are a valued member @Dragonpol and long may 007 rely on your support and backing,good Sir !!
    That's it. Don't give a damn, ask for it shaken, and bottom's up, shall we? ;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    @Dragonpol is no @Drinkinpal. But Cheers, pal!
    And still, we continue to flagonskol!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @Dragonpol is to be saluted! A good contributor to the forums.
    @Darth and so he is! but he keeps stealing my drinks! ;-)

@Dragon, cheers mate, I'll toast with dry toast if I have to! You´re one great asset to these forums!