The Friday Salute: A user appreciation thread (THIS WEEK: StirredNotShaken aka SNS)

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited June 2014 Posts: 45,489
    Tell you what, whoever wins this week, I will ship the x-ray glasses to him just to get you all to stop nagging. Let him be the end of the stick instead, I have seen it all now anyway.

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Tell you what, whoever wins this week, I will ship the x-ray glasses to him just to get you all to stop nagging. Let him be end of the stick instead, I have seen it all now anyway.

I've seen this referenced on the boards but I've totally missed out on this joke. Care to enlighten me?

TWINE.
    TWINE.

Is that it then?
    Dragonpol wrote:
    TWINE.

Is that it then?

Yes, TWINE is it. As is all Brosnan films. He really was the best, and what class his films had in every respect. The x-ray glasses was the icing on the cake, for me at least.
    Dragonpol wrote:
    TWINE.

Is that it then?

Yes, TWINE is it. As is all Brosnan films. He really was the best, and what class his films had in every respect. The x-ray glasses was the icing on the cake, for me at least.

Really? Or do I detect sarcasm?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Thunderfinger secretly adores Pierce and wanted to be just like him. He has to use deep sarcasm, scorn, and waves a big red flag just to hide his true feelings.
    He also still secretly lusts after Denise Richards; I hear Charlie had to warn him off.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Thunderfinger secretly adores Pierce and wanted to be just like him. He has to use deep sarcasm, scorn, and waves a big red flag just to hide his true feelings.
    He also still secretly lusts after Denise Richards; I hear Charlie had to warn him off.

I heard he even went to college to study Chemistry because he thought Denise was a real nuclear physicist and he wanted to impress her with his scientific knowledge when they met. Not one of 'ol Thunder's top ten best ideas, that's for sure. :))

I heard he even went to college to study Chemistry because he thought Denise was a real nuclear physicist and he wanted to impress her with his scientific knowledge when they met. Not one of 'ol Thunder's top ten best ideas, that's for sure. :))

So I did not stand a chance with Denise, but at least I have my own nuclear bomb.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

So I did not stand a chance with Denise, but at least I have my own nuclear bomb.

Keep it in your thunderpants! =))
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Whatever you say, @Thunderfinger. Though, I don't think two potatoes connected by wires to a clock qualifies as a "nuclear bomb."

Whatever you say, @Thunderfinger. Though, I don't think two potatoes connected by wires to a clock qualifies as a "nuclear bomb."

Hey, don't give him any ideas! ;)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I don't think two potatoes connected by wires to a clock qualifies as a "nuclear bomb."
    LOL+_bc170f15a4b46bb6fa00e8902fbd0da8.jpg
    So, what's the plan for this thread now? :-/
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited July 2014 Posts: 13,943
    No one else will be getting appreciation.

3827899-0933073784-11848.gif
    QBranch wrote:
    No one else will be getting appreciation.

3827899-0933073784-11848.gif

Have we run out of regulars already?!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It's a shame that such a topic ran off course. It appears that most of us voted for @BeatlesSansEarmuffs, shall we start saluting him?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    It's a shame that such a topic ran off course. It appears that most of us voted for @BeatlesSansEarmuffs, shall we start saluting him?

I think that we should, yes.
    edited July 2014 Posts: 12,459
    We just have to wait for stirrednotshaken to wake up. It's his thread.
    Yes, @Beatles is in by a healthy margin. :)

So, much as I want to, I think we need to wait for the official change by stirrednotshaken.
    Division! Clear the lobbies!
    Beatles it is, we'll start with him on Friday. Apologies for how delayed this has, historically, been.
  • Is it too late for me to vote for @TheWizardofIce?

Seriously though, thanks to everybody who voted for me...and I'm very pleased to see the Wiz back! He gets the nod from me when the next round of voting starts up...
    Oh the wizard will get his due. :)
    But we've been voting long enough, I think, to move ahead with you. Thanks to the official go ahead from StirredNotShaken. No arguments - we are beginning our salute to you, dear @BeatlesSansEarmuffs!
  • Before the next round starts, a hearty salute to our protector of the innocent @Master_Dahark! A man who manages to serve both his nation and this forum deserves all the praise in the world.
    edited July 2014 Posts: 12,459
    Okay, guys and gals - I think it is high time we start saluting @BeatlesSansEarmuffs!
    (correct me if I'm wrong, StirredNotShaken)

To our wonderful Original and a great contributor on the SirHenryLeeChaChing's For Original Fans thread: You are a stellar member, and always thoughtful, considerate, and respectful, and fun. Your humor and charm shine through. You are a very valued member of this forum, dear Beatles (I like the shortened name at times).
    I hope you enjoy your salute and that your life is filled with love, laughter, peace, and music (naturally!). :)>-

Cheers! :-bd
  • Thanks, Dear 4Ever ...and I am happy to be on a shortened name basis with you!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    @BeatlesSansEarmuffs is the best. I like a man whom words do not fail. His reviews are second to none. He should be paid for them... =D>
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    First off, amazing username, @BeatlesSansEarmuffs, even if I may disagree with it. ;)

You're a great original and contributor, and I hope more of us flock in to show you love and support. You're a fantastic member to have on these forums and I appreciate seeing your insightful posts! Here's to you!
    The Long and Winding Road ...

brings us to this forum, and

Maybe I'm Amazed how much fun and true friendship springs up here ...

sometimes we tease or argue, sometimes we play too hard, but

We Can Work It Out ...

and as always, you shine through, @Beatles -

your wit, your charm, your thoughtful insights and musical experience,

all make this a better place to hang out, to be a part of, to

Come Together.

For some people, Happiness is a Warm Gun or they are forever searching Penny Lane ... but not for you, or for me.

For us, we both remember that

In the end, the love you take ...

is equal to the love you make.

Cheers, dear @BeatlesSansEarmuffs! You are an Original in every sense, and you make this forum a much better place.

• edited July 2014 Posts: 3,564
    Things We Said Today will last a liftime
    and In My Life, I love you more.

Thanks Creasy, thanks chris, and I hope we passed the audition...