The Friday Salute: A user appreciation thread (THIS WEEK: StirredNotShaken aka SNS)

Comments

Well, I suppose this needs an update.

I'm sorry I've been so inactive, I haven't been around MI-6 much, period, because of how much time I've been putting into music.

@Master_Dahark, who won the poll a couple weeks ago, is our member of honour for the next week.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    M_Balje is also worthy, yes. :)
    I'm not changing my vote for now; I'm sticking with the ultimate Master_Dahark for this round.
    But everybody mentioned for sure deserves a nod. As well as others I can think of, too.

An embrace from the lovely @4EverBonded? Do you really need more than that?

OK, an embrace from me as well! :)>-
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited June 2014 Posts: 12,459
    So glad to salute our own super trooper (I had to say it!), the one and only Master_Dahark! I've always enjoyed your posts, and I happily salute you throughout this round. =D>

Dear Master_Dahark: Thank you for your fantastic attitude, great participation on the forum, huge talent for making incredible costumes, dedication in your personal life to do what it takes to become a State trooper, and for your heart.

One of the things I most recall about you is a photo you posted of you in your incredible Batman costume with a small child. You clearly made that child's day (or entire year) with your appearance and chat. (Actually, several children ...) It's way better than being Santa, who is just a jolly guy - a super hero helps others. (*) And indeed in real life, that is what a State trooper does to. Serves and protects, and when necessary put yourself in harm's way to do so. **==

I really give you my heartiest salute, Master_Dahark! We are lucky to have you be part of our merry band here. Please stay; we need you.
    :-bd
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited June 2014 Posts: 13,943
    Oh I must certainly give props to the Master. TBH, he reminds me of myself in a way- not because we share the same first name, but because of his consistently positive, cheerful and laid back attitude. It is this kind of attitude we need to see more of from people in general. Additionally, he never fails to entertain with his fan arts, parodies and fun photos.

Master- much respect to you for your dedication towards your chosen career, and your knack for creating EPIC costumes! You seem like you live a very fruitful and exciting life, and I wish you and your partner all the best for the future. :)>-

Now everyone raise a glass, and say cheers to the Lej that is @Master_Dahark!
    Master Dahark! Our Superhero fighting legend and great contributor to this forum! Keep up the good work! :D
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I'll raise a glass to the Master.
    I've often enjoyed your fun posting style, and pleasant attitude. Your photo uploads are worth a view, and if I'm not mistaken, you're also a Moore fan.
    (If you can add and OP fan too I'll be very impressed)
    When all is said and done, you're an honest, reliable, loyal member. And we're lucky to have you.
    Cheers.

• edited June 2014 Posts: 2,400
    Voting begins for the next member to be honoured.

If anyone has an update on the list of who we've already given honours too, that would be excellent, otherwise I'll go through myself.

My vote goes to @soundofthesinners who was kind enough to nominate me for "best Dalton fan".
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    The Master of Dahark. The man, the legend. The lost Bond! who once photoshopped Tim's chin to his own. I salute you buddy. :)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Master_Dahark is a member whose posts I very much enjoy reading. He can leave funny yet at the same time insightful comments. A good chap, a valued member. Here's to you, sir!

Raise-your-glass.jpg
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I came out of the ultra-secret lab where I'm currently giving a hand (and a brain) to a certain gentleman known by the letter (... oops, can't tell you about it!) just to salute the one and only @Master_Dahark! He's not only a great Bond fan but he's also a great guy, a good looking guy (I've seen the photos), a funny guy (yes, those photos again), and he looks great on a uniform ;) What's not to like!

Hip hip hurra oregonian_martini.gif
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Ahh, @Master_Dahark, the man who stops criminals by day and moonlights as Batman by night. He's a legend and has probably come closer to real Bond action than any of us could ever dream of. My hat's off to you, sir, for being a great contributor to the forums in so many different threads, and always having an upbeat, positive attitude!
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 1,817
    "License, registration, I ain't got none, but I got a clear conscience
    'Bout the things that I done
    Mister state trooper please don't stop me... "

@Master_Dahark, I salute you.
    Love those pictures you post, Master, both the silly ones and the more artistic ones. No, not talking about the pictures of you now.
    Love those pictures you post, Master, both the silly ones and the more artistic ones. No, not talking about the pictures of you now.

To that, I may add (like Sandy, I have seen the photos) ... and I am talking about the pictures of you, Master_Dahark :

:-bd 8-> ;;)

(apologies to your girlfriend, but truth must be told sometimes.) :D
    Three cheers to @Master_Dahark, our resident crime fighting State Trooper.

;) :-bd
    I was waiting for someone to post Super Trooper - thanks!
    I was waiting for someone to post Super Trooper - thanks!

You're welcome. :D
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited June 2014 Posts: 17,811
    I just want to belatedly say that I am so grateful for the little boost of all the kind messages posted here for me during my week in the spotlight! Those words mean a lot to me. I'll keep at my posting and blogging with renewed vigour because of this wonderful encouragement from other members of this great community. All that remains is for me to say a big thank you to you all:

thank-you.jpg
    You are welcome, dear @Dragonpol. :)

And a final shout out to @Master_Dahark during his round this week. Cheers, mate!
    You have more in common with Bond than many of us. =D>
    Next vote: Beatles.

This guy deserves some praise outside the Originals Thread, I believe.
    Ah yes, voting. I agree with Thunderfinger this week. (But soundofthesinners deserves to be honored later, too)

My vote for the next round is for @BeatlesSansEarmuffs.
    I'll also lend my vote to @BeatlesSansEarmuffs.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Let it be it's Beatles for me.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 4,813
    Thank you everyone for the kind words! You know, I've been a member of a number of forums over the years but this one is by far the best- and the only one with members whom I'd consider friends! Thanks again and here's to many more years of great conversations in even better company!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    @Master_Dahark , you rock, dude!
    I salute you @Master_Dahark as a real Bondian hero in your role as a State Trooper. Not many of us can say that we fill such a role in our everyday lives. We're very proud of you on here and glad to have you as a member of our community.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited June 2014 Posts: 28,694
    In a world full of injustices committed against the innocent and defenseless, he is the one who upholds the law, prosecutes the villainous and jails the guilty. His main tools for dealing out justice are Dalton Sr. and Dalton Jr., his two massive fists that smack the skin off his victims whenever he punches them. He became known worldwide for his boxing talents in the 70s after he got in the ring with Ali and was able to level him with one flick of his finger. In addition to his fists, he understands that dealing out justice is a team sport, and he often relies on his own special QBranch to give him the gadgets he needs out in the field.

One is Bruce, his talking jet black sports car that has built in ground-to-air missiles, grenade launchers, bullet proof tires, black tinted windshields, high intensity lasers and most importantly, a disco ball, wine coolers and three extra cup holders. However, Bruce often proves troublesome because whenever our hero brings ladies for a ride he constantly spouts immature sex-related puns at them, which lead QBranch agent #1079 @Murdock to reinstall his programming to censor his verbal responses through a parental control option found on the main menu of the car's built in computer screen. Now, instead of saying "you have an arse I'd bounce a penny off of" whenever a woman is around Bruce would say "Your gluteus maximus is most impressive, my dear lady." Not a big improvement, but it's all about progress through baby steps at the end of the day, isn't it?

Another crucial gadget our hero needs on his cases are x-ray glasses. These are intended to help him search for dangerous concealed weapons and tools of mass destruction while on the job, but he usually just uses them to peek at the bodies of his female coworkers most of the time. It's not at all surprising to image then that QBranch agent #1554 @Thunderfinger developed them, and it is also equally unsurprising that he has borrowed them for "personal use" more than any other agent on the force.

Over our hero's extensive career he has saved the world so many times that whenever the government holds iChat meetings with aliens from other planets discussing galactic interrelations he is the one hired to act as Earth's representative. The president has given him so many medals for his services that his awards shelf has made his home sink ten feet, and has nearly crippled the foundations. Timothy Dalton has been criticized in the press many times because after he met our peacemaker he disowned his son Alexander once he realized his offspring would never be as cool as him. Now Dalton shows up at his door at all hours of the night, with adoption papers in hand and tears running down his eyes, begging and pleading for our hero to be his one true son. He's @Master_Dahark, and we can't help but bow down to the king.

@Master_Dahark has been a member on the MI6C for a while now, and has always felt part of our big family. His most valuable assets that he brings to the table are his sense of humor, artistic talents and passion for all things Bond, especially when it comes to Timothy Dalton's The Great One's Bond films. His posts amuse us, his posters enchant us, and his hand-made costumes astound us. Most importantly is his journey to become a state trooper, which is quite honorable indeed. Like Bond he made himself determined to succeed by entering a job position that will see him making his state a safer and much better place to live. I know it'd be a personal honor to be pulled over by him. For all this and more, I salute @Master_Dahark. =D>
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'll jump in the line with the rest of you lot and also cast my vote for @BeatlesSansEarmuffs.
    Brilliant, Brady! :) I second all of that.
    Oh and including how hard it is to get the X-ray glasses back from Thunderfinger.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Beatles for me too! :-)