The Friday Salute: A user appreciation thread (THIS WEEK: StirredNotShaken aka SNS)

Comments

Ah, @Kerim, I've never made contact with you before a couple weeks ago. But I was very, very familiar with your work on these forums and a fan. I pushed several times to honour you in this thread, but was dissuaded by others who wanted you to be here to read the tribute posts. I agreed reluctantly as nobody knew you would ever come back. I'm thankful I was wrong.

In a nutshell; you are the funniest member ever to be on MI6. Ever. So, to you, my friend. To you.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    That's right, @StirredNotShaken, you did really push for Kerim to be honored here. That helped give us the impetus to start the Members We Miss thread, keeping this one for active folks. I am glad we got to salute Kerim on both threads. :D

Since it's now Wednesday, let's begin voting for Kerim's successor. It tends to be a day or two for voting to get all the results turned in.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Sorry @StirredNotShaken, I may be late, but I truly want to honour @Kerim as well. As I only visit small parts of these forums, I see just a fraction of what he posts. But what he does (in the original's thread) always prods buttock, as the members of the Night Watch would say. @Kerim, thanks for beeing on these forums. I think there's little I can do that justifies remotely my appreciation for your posts. So cheers to you! May your life be long and prosperous!
    @Kerim, whilst I was not on this forum by the time you had your sabbatical last year, the praise you received from other members here told me you are one of the most highly respected and loved people on these boards. I've seen old posts from you and it's fair to say your sense of humour is immense. I look forward to getting to know you better over the coming months. Once I can see out of this bloody eye again! ;-)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited March 2014 Posts: 13,350
    @Kerim is a much valued poster on this forum and so he should be, it's easy to see why. Your return was one of the great surprises to come about in recent memory and while you were gone, you were missed by many people. Thanks for coming back, now that all is well again.
    @Kerim is one of the funniest people on here and it's a testament to how great a member he is that he was so missed by everyone. It's great to have him back.
    I'm voting for @QBranch this week. He thoroughly deserves to be recognised.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    @Kerim. A man who needs no introduction, one of the best, brightest and funniest people around here. Made me laugh really hard in the "Name Blofeld's Cat" Tread. Great to have you back. :)

And for the next Salutee, I too will vote for @QBranch. :)
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    @QBranch for me too.
  • SuperheroSithSuperheroSith SE London
    Not sure if they've been saluted before as I have never participated until @Kerim, but @barryt007 gets my vote.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I'll vote for @TheWizardOfIce.
    Happy to give a last and fully deserved salute to the one and only, Kerim! Cheers, my friend; so glad you are back and posting with us again. You were greatly, sincerely missed by many.

This round I am voting for QBranch, as well (I thought of him right before I opened this thread, actually), although others are deserving, too.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Thank you one and all for making me feel very welcomed back.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    If animal magnetism was rated on a galactic scale, he'd be deemed "out of this world." For breakfast he drinks orange juice WITH PULP, hunts wild animals for all his meals and lifts monster trucks for a bit of exercise every now and again. He may be one hell of a fighter but he's a lover at heart: he enjoys taking long walks on the beach, wears any shade of pink with pride and according to Cosmo magazine's Male Aptitude Test, he's a sensitive, generous and committed lover who you can take home to mommy and daddy.

His escapades in Istanbul are things of legend. The women there call him "Seks Makinesi," which is a rough Turkish translation for The Sex Machine. He has made his name there and become a king of kings, gaining a palace full of delicious wives and has won every war with ease by simply staring into his enemies' souls until they collapse and assume the fetal position. He is so well endowed that women from near and far pilgrimage to visit his "big soldier" once a year like sailors searching for a lighthouse in a storm, and more often than not vikings looking to pillage his property have mistaken it for a hairy sea monster.

Furthermore, he has reproduced to such a staggering degree that he now has to keep meticulous records of each and every son and daughter to avoid confusion and repetition. When it comes to his marital duties he only knows of one meaning for the phrase "the old ball and chain," it being the weapon he uses to beat all dissenters of his lovely brides until they are defecating out their mouth holes. On top of that, the only thing bigger than his wealth is his libido and the only number smaller than his failure rate is how many women he has disappointed sexually, which is about negative one thousand, give or take a few.

Yes, he's the one and only @Kerim folks, and we're all just honored to be in his presence, even if he's a bit stingy when it comes to autographs. Like his MI6 moniker implies, he's a man of great loyalty and charm, devoted to exploring the greater passions in life with the best of friends while drinking the best martinis the world can supply. Here on the forum there are few more talked about and even fewer held in his esteem, his knack for making us crack up and his natural comedic timing unmatched. His absence from these pages was felt by all, a large hole only a man of his stature could leave behind. Now that he has returned to us in better spirits after kicking the ailments that impeded him, the sun has shined brighter upon all of us. The celebratory cheers ringing out in unison at his return are evidence enough of just how much he means to everyone who has had the good fortune of experiencing his presence, and for that I salute him. Here's to you, @Kerim, and welcome back!
    I vote for Brady.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Love @QBranch, very worthy. As is @Dragonpol and many others. Hmmm...I think I shall give it to @Thunderfinger.
    Kerim wrote:
    I vote for Brady.

Brady's been recognised previously @Kerim. Have another vote.
    Love @QBranch, very worthy. As is @Dragonpol and many others. Hmmm...I think I shall give it to @Thunderfinger.

Hmmm, with that level of modesty, you might find it difficult to muster more votes ;-)
    I am happy with the one, @WillyGalore. :))
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 12,837
    I think I'll vote for @Thunderfinger this week. He's funny and he likes the Stone Roses and The Charlatans. Shame he's not a Brosnan fan but nobody's perfect ;)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Out of my respect for him I will throw my hat into the ring with the rest of the votes for @QBranch, though @Dragonpol is still high on my list as my previous votes are evidence of. Your time will come soon, Draggers. ;)
    @thelivingroyale, I am sincerely moved by that, but there are so many others more worthy than me, yourself included. Hope everyone understands that me voting for me is a standing joke. I find this voting business as uncomfortble as picking teammates in school for a football game. Someone always gets picked last. Feel free to pick me last, everyone. When we are starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel (soon there), THEN you can vote for me. Until then, I will take care of that myself. Haha.
    (But thanks just the same, pal.)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    For someone who only joined recently it would be tough to visit MI6 and not have @Thunderfinger around.

I vote for you too.
    In that case, I will vote for myself AND @thelivingroyale AND @Samuel001. :))
    Kerim wrote:
    I vote for Brady.
    Yes, entirely understandable. :D
    We have saluted the eloquent and spot on Brady, while you were still recovering and had not yet come back to brave these threads with us again.

Dear @Thunderfinger, you are funny. I appreciate you being here. Dear @Dragonpol, your time will come, yes.

I just want to thank @StirredNotShaken again for starting this thread.
    If I can't vote for Brady, I vote for a two month extension for myself. :)

I'll let my peers decide my replacement.
    edited March 2014 Posts: 28,694
    Kerim wrote:
    If I can't vote for Brady, I vote for a two month extension for myself. :)

I'll let my peers decide my replacement.

That was very nice of you, @Kerim. We'll have to see what the results of the voting are once a few more ballots are cast by our members. It looks to be a tight race, as @QBranch is leading with 4 votes and @Thunderfinger isn't far behind with 3.
    Kerim wrote:
    I vote for Brady.
    Yes, entirely understandable. :D
    We have saluted the eloquent and spot on Brady, while you were still recovering and had not yet come back to brave these threads with us again.

Dear @Thunderfinger, you are funny. I appreciate you being here. Dear @Dragonpol, your time will come, yes.

I just want to thank @StirredNotShaken again for starting this thread.

Well, I want to thank all of you for keeping it alive. 23 pages, I would never have imagined a thread I created (one of my first, at that) would have become this popular and endearing. I know I haven't been on top of the thread and it fell off for a couple months, and even worse I've rarely been able to actually write a tribute post myself to the honoured members, but I value all of you and I hope anyone who didn't get a post from me knows it was nothing to do with not wanting to honour them.

Here's the tally of the votes so far:

QBranch: 5
    Thunderfinger: 2
    barryt007: 1
    TheWizardOfIce: 1
    To make it a bit easier for folks, here is a list of all the members who have hitherto been paid praises:

@Creasy47
    @SirHenryLeeChaChing
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7
    @Murdock
    @4EverBonded
    @DarthDimi
    @thelivingroyale
    @Baltimore_007
    @Sandy
    @Samuel001
    @WillyGalore
    @chrisisall
    @Kerim

I think I'll update it every few weeks just to keep tabs on it.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 2,400
    To make it a bit easier for folks, here is a list of all the members who have hitherto been paid praises:

@Creasy47
    @SirHenryLeeChaChing
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7
    @Murdock
    @4EverBonded
    @DarthDimi
    @thelivingroyale
    @Baltimore_007
    @Sandy
    @Samuel001
    @WillyGalore
    @chrisisall
    @Kerim

I think I'll update it every few weeks just to keep tabs on it.

I think eligibility after a year is fair. So Creasy will be eligible again first Friday of September, SirHenry (should we decide to pay tribute posthumously) the second Friday, Brady the third and so on.