The Friday Salute: A user appreciation thread (THIS WEEK: StirredNotShaken aka SNS)

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    chrisisall wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Assault phaser!
    That we can work out fairly soon!

Splendid. I heard Diamond Select is selling a Search For Spock Phaser soon so I'll be happy to add both to my growing phaser collection. ;)
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Murdock wrote:
    I heard Diamond Select is selling a Search For Spock Phaser soon
    I SAW that! Now I don't have to bother making it. I'm psyched!
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    @chrisisall I'm glad to salute you this week! I respect you, we share the same opinion in some things and completely disagree in others. Still, you are always respectful and willing to discuss things reasonably and that is so many times hard to find. On top of that you have one of the best Avatar images around here!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Here is an echo from Norway. And I love your quirky humour. Always get a big laugh when newcomers take you dead serious sometimes. Keep it up, hope you stick around for years. **==
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited February 2014 Posts: 17,882
    @chrisisall is for me a mainstay of the forum (and on AJB, too). A prop expert and major Timothy Dalton fan, he enlivens this place with witty and intelligent debate - enjoy this week of saluting - you deserve it!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @chrisisall is a true friend and a valued member here on the forum. But... there's a dark side. Allow me to explain.

When Satan fell from the heavens, he didn't come alone. A powerful angel came with him. This angel was also expelled from the heavens, but for entirely different reasons. His jokes turned out too amusing for the folks upstairs, his desires for all the good, earthly pleasures too decadent to condone above the clouds. But most of all, his insatiable sexual potency frustrated even the saints themselves.
    Thus, when darkness hit the ground, so did pure masculine power. All the peoples of Earth gathered to meet him. Remember, you can't spell 'Christ' without 'Chris'.
    Since then, he's been ever present, always backing up the right things, like Timothy Dalton as Bond.
    Satan may claim that he is legion, but all is Chris, and Chris-is-all.

I salute you, my lord.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited February 2014 Posts: 12,459
    Well, I want to say that chrisisall is a great member of this forum - and what a great user name! (It's all about him, all the time, eh?) ;)

He has plenty to say, with wit and charm, and never gets nasty or boorish. How refreshing that can be at times. He has been a wonderful part of SirHenry's For Original Fans thread, with highly enjoyable and thoughtful reviews of all the Bond films. He likes Brosnan nearly as much as I do. He's simply a pleasure to have around and I hope he stays ... well, 4Ever.

Cheers to you, chrisisall!
    My gosh, you all are so nice! Thank you sincerely!
    and what a great user name! (It's all about him, all the time, eh?) ;)
    Story on that, my first website ever was a Firefly one, and when asked for a user name, I was kind of stumped. And as folks in the Firefly 'verse used the phrase "is all" at the end of many sentences, I just figured that I was simply Chris, is all. And it became my user name on everything.

But Dalton IS all!
    :))
    Thanks for enlightening me, @chrisisall, about your name. I was rather curious. ;)
    I thought maybe a former adoring girlfriend ...
    Thanks for enlightening me, @chrisisall, about your name. I was rather curious. ;)
    I thought maybe a former adoring girlfriend ...

:\">
  • A well-deserved salute to @chrisisall. You're a great original, a first-rate lover of all things Dalton and Brosnan, and one funny guy. Thanks for making the forum a brighter place!
    edited February 2014 Posts: 17,698
    Thanks for making the forum a brighter place!
    As bright as I'm able...
    Gosh, I really miss SirHenry.
    X_X
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Yes, he's Mr Brightside, though he's not a killer. And we all miss SirHenry deeply.
    Dragonpol wrote:
    he's not a killer.

Say that after you feel the sting of my Wing Chun fist....! :-O
    @chrisisall, your a clever and funny member. I really enjoy your posts very much and therefore I salute you with all due respect and admiration!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    There are many wonderful members of this forum, all of our valued members who contribute on a daily basis are what make this forum work. But there are members who do standout, through their posts, their community spirit, and their general good nature towards not only the forum, but also their fellow members, @chrisiall is certainly one of the members who stands out for me.
    Congratulations on your salute, well deserved.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    @chrisisall, one of the most supportive and open members I've seen who has great love for nearlyevery aspect of the series - making him one of the forum's prized assets in my opinion. Keep up the good work, chum.
    I feel lifted.
    Or perhaps I should say 'elevated'.

In any case, thanks all!
    chrisisall wrote:
    I feel lifted.
    Or perhaps I should say 'elevated'.

In any case, thanks all!

"Elevation" by U2? I LOVE that song!
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 6,396
    A fully deserved salute goes out to @chrisisall. Another long standing member of this community who is well thought of and respected by his peers, even if he does like Robocop 3 ;-) (that's not a wink by the way, that's just to represent my one eye swollen shut).

Many congratulations to you. Enjoy the praise you receive. :-)
  • @chrisisall is one of, if not the funniest member on here. He's always, clever, respectful and thoughtful and he always speaks his mind even if he doesn't share the popular opinion on something. Plus he's a Dalton fan, always a good thing :)
    Dalton fan and a Brosnan fan. :-bd

Cheers to you, @chrisisall! Hope your weekend is filled with plenty of fun, peace, good food, good drink, and good Bonding.
    Dalton fan and a Brosnan fan. :-bd
    You got that right! Two very different takes on the character, both excellent IMHO.
    Thanks guys, you all make this place so much fun. :x
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited March 2014 Posts: 28,694
    I was down, and he brought me up. I was square, and he made me round. I was dull, and he made me sharp. Art history textbooks have argued for decades now that his body was the original model for Leonardo da Vinci's "Vitruvian Man," and fun fact, he can also write backwards at the speed of light. He's obviously very popular amongst female populations as women worldwide collectively refer to him as "The Energizer Bunny" because once you get him in the sack he'll keep going and going and going.

His journeys out among the stars with the Star Trek crew (along with @Murdock) were the things of legend. He spent most of his time in galactic firefights to keep the peace amongst galaxies where cruel overlords were taking aggressive control and vaporizing any innocents in their way, becoming a hero to all. He also found a break from the action in the arms (sometimes all eight arms) of the various alien women he came across on his escapades. He reproduced so much with these space women on his travels that a high percentage of offspring in galaxies far, far away now have his human genes. And that's nothing to sniff at; you should see how many cards he gets on Father's Day. He also entertained the crew of the Enterprise by constantly shouting "Khaaaaaaan!" at the top of his lungs, much to the captain's chagrin, and he even learned how to say certain phrases in Klingon, like "Set phasers to f@#$," "Hello space woman, may I pleasure your many orifices," "My blaster isn't the only thing that can fire on command," and of course, "I'll take a taco, please, hold the tomatoes."

He's a hero for the ages, and understandably so. While most kids want to be stupid firefighters, astronauts or policemen when they grow up, I just wanted to be him, no matter how many times my stupid teacher told me that it wasn't a "proper career." He's so damn cool his biceps are considered weapons of mass destruction by the American military, he gets Christmas cards from Sean bloody Connery and his charm is classified as radioactive for anything with a vagina. He does have his drawbacks, though. Just once I'd love to come home after a long week at college and have my mom inquire about how I'm doing, but all she asks about is how HE is. She's got his face all over her bedroom walls, pushes my A+ papers off the fridge to make more room for his photos, and she even makes my father watch videotapes of him in action to learn how to satisfy her in "the right way," whatever that means. By the way, she says hi!

Love him or hate him (yeah right), his name is @chrisisall, and we love him. He's one of our newer regulars around here, but that hasn't stopped him from growing on this community like a garden, spreading his sharp wit, intelligent debates and all around great sense of humor like blossoming flowers. He's a great friend, a contagious source of entertainment, and a great craftsman of models. I revel in his hilarity, ponder in the wake of his arguments, and appreciate his energy on this forum, though I still fail to agree with him that there is Christian symbolism in Spider-Man 2, but that's another egg to crack. It's quite easy to make fast friends with him as all members here will attest, and I very much look forward to getting to know him more as we head on into the future. Here's to you, @chrisisall! :)>-
    O, Brady, that was marvellous. Thank you. :\">
    That was great, Brady - and so true! Amazing how you know all these special people so well ... it's like you're ... everywhere. Hmmm. !! :-B

Just want to say that @chrisisall and I will be continuing on with the enjoyment of Dalton and Brosnan for the rest of our lives, I feel sure. So when I'm in the Old Folks Home (please refrain from reminding me how not too distant that probably is!), I'll be able to call up Chris (if his hearing hasn't gone) and we can chat about our favorite Bonds. Better yet, with any luck we can be within visiting distance of each other. Or wheelchair distance down the hall.

Cheers, chrisisall! B-) Here is another glass raised to you today. (Make mine a mojito!)
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    @chrisisall is a top bloke!

(short but true salute).
    I'll be able to call up Chris (if his hearing hasn't gone) and we can chat about our favorite Bonds.
    What?
    =))
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Chrisisall that and a bag of cheddar popcorn.

I salute you sir.
    Kerim wrote:
    I salute you sir.

No, I salute YOU sir, and your return, intact! That has made me happier than any Friday accolades in my behalf. You vanished just as I was beginning to get to know you last year; now I'll get to know you as Sir Henry did. Thank you. >:D<