The Friday Salute: A user appreciation thread (THIS WEEK: StirredNotShaken aka SNS)

Comments

No vote: @Kerim gets the spotlight for the next two weeks in honor of his return. I doubt there's any complaints with my decision? We will return to the usual format at the end of Kerim's run.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I was going to vote for him anyway. ;)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @Kerim is the guest of honor. No debate.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    @Kerim, you are one funny dude and a fighter of the best kind. Glad you have your wonderful wit intact after all those troubles you have been through, and happy you did not succumb to an ill fate like your name brother Bey. Looking forward to getting to know you further. :)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    @Kerim should be saluted, by all means.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    "I have no objections." @Kerim gets my vote.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    No votes necessary; it's Kerim.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I thought we were not supposed to vote this week? I already paid tribute to Kerim the great, but if you still want to vote, I am available as well :))
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Were all voting for Kerim anyway. :p
    Right, some more votes for Kerim, just in:

ellen-oscar-selfie.jpg?w=770&h=9999&crop=0
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    @Kerim this week ;)
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Who am I to deny Jennifer Lawrence's vote.

Thanks everyone.

OK, now what?
    @Kerim, now you pay me for this Hollywood campaign, like we agreed.

bribery.jpg
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    @Kerim it is then!
    Yesterday, Cumberbatch was desperate to cast his vote for @Kerim. Don't worry Ben, we got you covered!

1921934_586822144741488_2122177812_n.jpg
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Jumping Sherlock! Egads!
    Looks like a lot of folks had fun there.

Anyway ... please let us know when we can start our new tribute and get the thread's title changed. I am going to go find old Kerim quotes in a moment ...

Kerim is our GOH until next Friday.
    Sandy wrote:
    Yesterday, Cumberbatch was desperate to cast his vote for @Kerim. Don't worry Ben, we got you covered!

1921934_586822144741488_2122177812_n.jpg

Nice photo bomb Benedict!!!

:))
    edited March 2014 Posts: 12,459
    Yay! It's Kerim Time! <:-P

What can we say about our Kerim? Oh, plenty, I think! I'll just start by saying simply:

Dear @Kerim, I cherish your warm, generous, kind, and very witty self. I am happy beyond words that you are well again and have returned to our forum. You have had me laughing out loud more times than I can count. You are never meanspirited, you have a great spirit. I always look forward to your posts. I hope 2014 just keeps getting better and better for you. I know my whole new year has brightened with your return.
    Cheers! Here's a little drink to tide you over while I go find that cat photo (you know the one I mean) ... ;)

th?id=HN.608027379017059926&pid=15.1
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Kerim rocks the casbah, rocks the casbah.
    edited March 2014 Posts: 12,459
    Yes, indeed, @chrisisall - Istanbul would never be the same if our @Kerim visited that fine Bondian city.
    784d342c5d3d4cca5c957c5deb88108f.jpg
    Here is a short checklist of some of the things I'm sure Kerim would get up to there:

* motorcycle race across the rooftops - check!
    * dancing the night away with belly dancers - check!
    * playing "whose got your goat?" with the local farmers - check!
    * enjoying great Turkish coffee in a fine Turkish bath - check!
    * seeing if there were still any gypsy camps around, and making new friends if he found one - check!
    * bed train hopping - check!
    And that would be just the first few days. I'm sure Kerim could easily add to that list.

Kerim has graced these pages with his warmth, charm, love of Bond, and ever so subtle (well, at times subtle) wit. Now that you are back, Kerim, I feel like the sun has come out to shine again. So glad you are well now and have joined us ~ this not so little gang of merry men, and a few special women, in our exploration of all things Bond.

Cheers! To you, Kerim! :-bd

To finish my salute to Kerim today, just for fun, I'm posting my very favorite pic ever given on the Blofeldcatcapcon (and some others do come close). Anybody else remember this one? Kerim's choice from about a year ago:
    white-cat-2-wallpapers.jpg
    Thank you 4everBonded. I'd probably pass on the goats though.

I remember that poor kitty well. When I was searching for a picture on Google, I saw this picture and figured the poor thing had a crappy day. I went with it thinking the caption potential would be limitless.
    And the responses, suitably involving the word "crap" a lot, were near priceless.
    And I thought he reminded me of Nick Nolte's mug shot (especially the hair!).

So, have you sipped any bubbly this week, Kerim? You really should, you know. B-)
    Maybe tomorrow. Don't partake during the work week.
    Oh yes, it's Friday afternoon for me now. You are at Thursday evening, I am guessing.

Well, anyway - Cheers!
    Ali Kerim Bey... Ali Kerim Bey... Ali Kerim Bey...
    (Couldn't resist, I just love this scene from FRWL)

I salute you @Kerim for more reasons than I am able to enumerate here. First of all you have an epic username. Second, you are second to none when it comes to humour in this forum. But most of all you are precious to usu because we thought we had lost you but you came back to save us at a moment when our moral was low. That alone places you in a very restrict group of heroes who came back to action after long, painful absences, including our very own James Bond and the one and only Sherlock Holmes.
    So cheers my friend! May you never leave again oregonian_martini.gif
    @Kerim has risen at last!

In class, I teach my kids the following:

* You can't divide by zero. Kerim, however, can.
    * You can't split up quarks in a baryon. That is, unless you're Kerim.
    * The stars don't tell you what to do today. Kerim tells the stars what to do today.
    * Arnold can bench press 440 pounds. Kerim can bench press Arnold. Twice. At the same time.

;-)

Kerim is more than a name; Kerim stands for dignity, truth, wisdom. He strikes a fine balance between enthusiastic openness and healthy scepticism. He knows his Bond, but even more than that, he knows the world. His input is appreciated in nearly all discussions. He's only unwelcome in penile length discussions. You see, us, simple men, don't like being put to shame. :(

Kerim, you are a great addition to this forum. Thank you, good friend, for having found your way back in.
  • SuperheroSithSuperheroSith SE London
    The name Kerim means 'giving', 'generous' or 'noble'. As @Kerim has proven numerous times on this site, he lives up to his name.
    @Kerim it's the member I closer associate with a Bond character by his user name. His charm, wittiness, and intelligence makes me think both of Kerim and @Kerim. It's a joy to have you back on the forum and a pleasure to read your posts. To @Kerim!
    edited March 2014 Posts: 2,629
    @Sandy: If I didn't any know better, I would say you were trying to lure me back to the salt mines. :) Thank you very much for the kind words.

@DarthDimi: The Grim Reaper once appeared at Kerim's door. The Grim Reaper took one look at Kerim, stuttered "C-C-C-Cairo" and ran off to Egypt, where he was never heard from again.

I don't like to play favorites, but you're on my short list.

@SuperheroSith: Thank you. I look forward to interacting with you more.

@0013: Thank you as well. I've always thought Kerim's character to be the most fascinating of the franchise. I always felt Istanbul should have renamed the Grand Bazaar after Ali Kerim Bey. If any one character can be credited for influencing the film franchise 007 that we've known and loved all these years, it's Ali Kerim Bey.

Thank you to one and all.