The Friday Salute: A user appreciation thread (THIS WEEK: StirredNotShaken aka SNS)

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @DarthDimi I did that typical bloke think of refusing to read the instructions for new members and therefore wasn’t adhering to the guidelines. And guess what? I still haven’t read them! ;-) Looking back, some of my earlier posts were strange to say the least. It’s no wonder I was suspected of being a troll. Mind you, maybe I am and I’m playing the long con! :D

IFM!
    You got me there for a moment, @WillyGalore. ;-)

DarthDimi wrote:
    @DarthDimi I did that typical bloke think of refusing to read the instructions for new members and therefore wasn’t adhering to the guidelines. And guess what? I still haven’t read them! ;-) Looking back, some of my earlier posts were strange to say the least. It’s no wonder I was suspected of being a troll. Mind you, maybe I am and I’m playing the long con! :D

IFM!
    You got me there for a moment, @WillyGalore. ;-)

I aim to please :D
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Well I must just say before it's too late, what a great addition to the forums our @WillyGalore is. You've quickly established yourself as a regular and knowledgeable poster. You have obviously got plenty of Bond knowledge, and this is evident in the many threads and topics in which you post. But I think the thing that sticks out to me the most is the friendly manner in which you fit into the community. It's a most admirable trait and one that always wins me over. (Even though we all know Dimster is your favourite mod ;) )
    You truly deserve this salute and as with so many of the fine members of this forum, I would love the opportunity to sit down someday and share a beer with you, or maybe even a Vesper.
    Cheers.
    fd001-vesper-martini-bond-lifestyle.jpg?itok=vVLtHNAo
    Thanks @Benny. Perhaps it wasn't a good idea to alienate myself from you and the other mods ;-)

That's the exact bottle of Gin that we had on NYE. I had half a glass before giving it to my partner. I don't react well with spirits :-)
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    @WillyGalore you are one cool dude indeed. I have one question though: googling your name with images there's this picture of Brozzers with a black eye.... what's that all about?
    Thank you @CommanderRoss. The photo of Brozzer I used once in the caption competition.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    edited January 2014 Posts: 7,996
    You sure? So that wasn't a fight over Martinis as he insisted?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @WillyGalore, hey, someone had to get the ball rolling in terms of nominating a great member, and I'm honored to do so! Don't worry about your very first posts, I've gone through mine in the past, too, and they're very odd and spammy-looking, indeed.

@CommanderRoss, he's playing it cool, it was indeed a fight over martinis. I was the barman and I saw the two of them throw down, it was quite the spectacle.
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 6,396
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @WillyGalore, hey, someone had to get the ball rolling in terms of nominating a great member, and I'm honored to do so! Don't worry about your very first posts, I've gone through mine in the past, too, and they're very odd and spammy-looking, indeed.

@CommanderRoss, he's playing it cool, it was indeed a fight over martinis. I was the barman and I saw the two of them throw down, it was quite the spectacle.

He got too much Galore and not enough Willy ;-)
    So, are we voting for another member this week? ;-)

If so, I'd love to bring up the great @Benny.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I'll vote for my double act partner @TheWizardOfIce for the good sense that he brings to this community. :)
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 6,396
    @chrisisall for me this week.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Another vote for @chrisisall.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Voting time: @chrisisall is my choice this week.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    I will play my hand for@chrisisall as well.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited January 2014 Posts: 13,350
    DarthDimi wrote:
    So, are we voting for another member this week? ;-)

If so, I'd love to bring up the great @Benny.

A fine choice. @Benny doesn't need the praise but my vote nonetheless goes to him.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I'll vote for @Dragonpol.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    @Dragonpol is my choice. The work he puts into his Bond fascination is most impressive!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I can actually be very cynical and world-weary when the occasion requires it, @WillyGalore, but you're dead right on my welcoming of new members. I welcome them first and only "draw the dagger" if you will, when it is absolutely necessary (i.e. if they are obviously a time-waster such as a troll or spammer). After all I can only take so much... ;)

Thanks for your kind words anyhow. Much appreciated from a member I really rate in this community.
  • I'll vote for @chrisisall
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I will do the only decent thing and vote for myself again, politician style.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    How did I miss out this thread after I came back? But it's not too late to add my voice to the appreciation of @WillyGalore. I have to confess I had second thoughts when you showed up. I was hoping for the best but expecting the worst. So I was more than happy when a little after you joined (and calmed down) you proved by worst fears were unfounded and quickly became one of my favourite people here. Your sense of humour is impecable and your contribution to many of my favourite threads is superb! What else can I say than @WillyGalore I salute you!

Now, onto this week, I'll keep my previous vote for @chrisisall.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    @StirredNotShaken it's time to pass the vote. :p
    I salute @SirHenryLeeChaChing, one of the finest people I've ever had the honour of calling my friend here on the forum.

He's no longer among us.

we_will_miss_you.jpg
    Couldn't have said it better myself. RIP Greg.
    I've neglected this thread. I've been so busy lately, is it possible someone else could run it until May when I finish this semester?

In any case, @SirHenryLeeChaChing gets honours for the remainder of the month and I think we can all agree on that.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited January 2014 Posts: 12,459
    I am happy to pause a moment to remember SirHenry. I am sure glad we honored him on this thread right away.

Here's to you, SirHenry! Unique, witty, strong, lover of good food, good music, and Bond, James Bond - and, more importantly, a good father, husband, and friend.

You will be missed by many, Sir Henry! And when I sit down in the theatre for the first time to watch Bond 24, I know I will be thinking of you, my friend, and wishing I could pass you the popcorn and talk about the theme song and soundtrack afterwards.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Yes, let's take some time to remember the fabulous @SirHenryLeeChaChing. His passing left us all in shock and it's no wonder why. He was one of the most beloved member of this forum, an exceptional man and a top grade Bond fan. I will miss his musical knowledge, his witty sense of humour, his warm way of telling stories, the joy he had when writing the cooking thread. When Bond24 comes out I will be thinking "what would SirHenry think about it?" but alas I will never find out what. Let us all tonight raise a glass to the his memory. To SirHenry! To Greg!
    Well said, @Sandy!

Here's to Greg.