Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    the bat car looks like a penis extension

The Dark Knight: Rise Like a Penis

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited May 2014 Posts: 13,350
    The Batmobile, is well, interesting. To be honest I need a closer look to truly give an opinion on it.
    I don't get why they didn't just carry on with Joseph Gordon Levitt as Batman? That way you continue where the Nolan films left off, but the Nolan films also still stand alone as a trilogy.

But then it's not its own series. It was only meant as a coda, a "this is what could happen next" moment.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 6,396
    Snyder tweeted the first look at Affleck as Batman:

1901435_10152041199391174_1145203436241069300_n.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @WillyGalore, that was in the link in the previous page. :-)

@Samuel001, I was just saying the same thing to my friend. It seems like a mixture of the classic car and Nolan's version. At least they're making it their own.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 6,396
    My bad. ;-)

Someone has lifted the contrast on the photo so you can get a better look. so I've edited my post.
    My bad. ;-)

No worries, thanks for embedding it so a link isn't necessary! ;-)

Overall, I like it. I'm impressed. I'm not absolutely blown away, but it does look really good.
    Grey and black and I absolutely love it.. I really am getting excited for Affleck as batman

So teaser We are thinking is sadly what a year from now
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'm impressed. The suit and batmobile has been ripped right out of Frank Miller's the Dark Knight returns. Let's hope the story is any good.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I like it, I really do. I hope the suit is black and grey, predominantly. As for the Batmobile, I want to see more.
    It doesn't matter at all what the new Batman suit looks like. What matters is who the director and the writers are. Considering that Zack Snyder is the director, this movie will be average at best.
    It doesn't matter at all what the new Batman suit looks like. What matters is who the director and the writers are. Considering that Zack Snyder is the director, this movie will be average at best.

Well, to an extent those things do matter. If the suit was solely comprised of those horrid Bat nipples and literally nothing else, I would more than likely opt out of seeing the film.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I quite like the look of Bats. Also, I think the ears are a bit on the short side, slightly reminiscent of Adam West's Batman. ;-)

Batman+Badass.jpg

Seriously though, I'm impressed. Rather excited even. ;-)
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 12,837
    Dunno about Batman. The symbol on his chest looks too big and the ears look a bit awkward. The car looks cool though.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I don't get why they didn't just carry on with Joseph Gordon Levitt as Batman? That way you continue where the Nolan films left off, but the Nolan films also still stand alone as a trilogy.

But then it's not its own series. It was only meant as a coda, a "this is what could happen next" moment.

I don't understand why it has to be it's own series. What's wrong with just carrying on from where Nolan left off?

If they'd done this, then the Nolan films would've still stood alone as a trilogy, telling Bruce Wayne's story. The new films would've been a continuation but they wouldn't really affect the Nolan trilogy, they'd just carry on with the new character.

I know it was meant as an ending to the trilogy, to show that Batman was a symbol and all the rest of it, but they could've easily carried on from there.
    It actually looks a lot like West's Batman. Take a look at the pic of Affleck as Batman; I know that it's all in black-and-white, but judging by the tone, it looks like the suit will mostly be gray/darker gray.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'd like to see more of the batmobile. It looks like a futuristic version of Keaton's batmobile.
    Snyder tweeted the first look at Affleck as Batman:

1901435_10152041199391174_1145203436241069300_n.jpg

I think he looks a much beefier Batman instead of the leaner Bale version. As already mentioned a couple of times above? The cowl is very reminisent of the Adam West headpiece. But i have to say i really do like what i am seeing at the minute! :-bd
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I can't help but hear the Batman: The Animated Series theme song as I look at BatFleck. I don't know what it is, but I just feel a B:TAS vibe coming from him.
    A friend played with the color a bit- this is literally the comics come to life! I personally couldn't be happier!!

affleck-batman-2.png
    A friend played with the color a bit- this is literally the comics come to life! I personally couldn't be happier!!

affleck-batman-2.png

Wow! It certainly is the live comic version! :O
    edited May 2014 Posts: 40,528
    Wow, that quality is amazing, and it makes Affleck and the suit look even better!

EDIT: Found a picture over on Slashfilm in the comments section, someone said this was leaked a few months ago by someone working on the film. Seems to match the Batmobile in the picture:

http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/1018/6299/original.jpg
    I never doubted the bat-suit would look awesome. Visuals aren't Zack Snyder's problem. Storytelling is. They could have the best looking everything but if the films ends up being anything like Man of Steel I'll be disappointed.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Creasy47 wrote:
    EDIT: Found a picture over on Slashfilm in the comments section, someone said this was leaked a few months ago by someone working on the film. Seems to match the Batmobile in the picture:

http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/1018/6299/original.jpg

It does, though it also looks too futuristic. Maybe that image is a work in progress.
    @Agent007391, that's true, it could be. Either way, it looks very similar to the one we've seen today, so perhaps that gives us a bigger idea of it, but it also might not look exactly like that come release of the film.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    affleck-batman-2.png
    My enthusiasm for this film is growing by leaps and bounds...
    \m/
    Cq0hluh.jpg
    GaW9YPz.jpg
    Abs6IpK.jpg
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    blasphemy
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited May 2014 Posts: 28,694
    chrisisall wrote:
    blasphemy
    More like spammery.
    Certainly prefer DC Comics and have majority of there animated movies and series etc. I am not sure DC Will hit even close to what marvel are doing cinematically. Kevin Smith made a good point recently, Marvel are colourful and fun. DC attempting to create a similar universe to Marvel won't achieve that if they maintain same tone as Man of Steel (I do like that film, though looking at bigger picture that sustained tone won't work).