Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Comments

• edited April 2014 Posts: 1,778
    RC7 wrote:
    Batman and Superman piss on Marvel. I'm a fan of the Marvel films, I thought CAP 2 was superb, but good film or bad film, Bats and Supes are the pinnacle.

Yes, I think seeing Batman AND Superman together on the big screen will have more of an impact than watching a guy in a blue, red and white suit for the fourth time around. And again, it's Batman.

5th time around actually. And see above. The Marvel cinematic brand is bigger than Batman.

Oh yes, how could I forget about the yet to happen Avengers 2, the comic book film to end all comic book films. :))
    RC7 wrote:
    Batman and Superman piss on Marvel. I'm a fan of the Marvel films, I thought CAP 2 was superb, but good film or bad film, Bats and Supes are the pinnacle.

Yes, I think seeing Batman AND Superman together on the big screen will have more of an impact than watching a guy in a blue, red and white suit for the fourth time around. And again, it's Batman.

5th time around actually. And see above. The Marvel cinematic brand is bigger than Batman.
    Nothing is bigger than Batman.

tumblr_m83hiyuAhY1qdcfc3o1_500.gif

See it's that attitude from Batman fans that annoys me. They act like Batman is the alpha and the omega in the comic book world. It's gotten really irritating and this is coming from someone who's loved Batman since he was 4 years old. If you truly think nothing is bigger than Batman just go watch Batman Forever and Batman and Robin to remind you that that's not true.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited April 2014 Posts: 28,694
    @DoubleOhhSeven, one thing that annoys me about...well, a lot of people is when they misinterpret moments of levity and fun for earnest fanboy rage. I love Batman passionately and will often blow up his image as the best comics character of all time, because I believe he is. However, I don't do so out of an earnest place where I expect everyone, everywhere to love him, or else. Love what characters you love, and so will I; no need to come to blows over it.

However, I must defend that films like Batman Forever and Batman and Robin shouldn't serve as reminders that Batman isn't awesome. They were made by filmmakers who never read the comics, had no proper background on the character and had no understanding of who Batman was in general. Therefore, why should Batman be judged as a character because Schumacher and his team didn't put in the effort to do the research and make the films true to Batman and his mythos?

If you want to play that way, though, for every Schumacher Batman that comes around we have Batman: The Animated Series, the Nolan trilogy, The Dark Knight Returns, Batman: Year One, The Long Halloween, Dark Victory, The Killing Joke, Batman: Hush, Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, Batman Subzero, Batman Beyond, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, and legions of other great Batman featured works of absolute art that have made him the great character he is today. I think he is the most compelling, awe-inspiring and legendary character to come out of comics, and I will stand by that forever. But once again, I don't expect you to feel that way, so don't feel cut up over it.

This is fantastic!
    http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/04/08/batman-strange-days-clip-released/
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    If you want to play that way, though, for every Schumacher Batman that comes around we have Batman: The Animated Series, the Nolan trilogy, The Dark Knight Returns, Batman: Year One, The Long Halloween, Dark Victory, The Killing Joke, Batman: Hush, Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, Batman Subzero, Batman Beyond, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, and legions of other great Batman featured works of absolute art that have made him the great character he is today. I think he is the most compelling, awe-inspiring and legendary character to come out of comics, and I will stand by that forever. But once again, I don't expect you to feel that way, so don't feel cut up over it.

The disappointing thing, however, is that for every Beware the Batman, we also have Batman: The Brave and the Bold... And that show, sadly, was allowed to flourish and thrive while Beware the Batman was cut off well before it's prime. Beware the Batman was, in all honesty, the best Batman presentation since Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (or, Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker, or, hell, anything with Mark Hamill's Joker in it, aside from the pilot of Birds of Prey).
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

The disappointing thing, however, is that for every Beware the Batman, we also have Batman: The Brave and the Bold... And that show, sadly, was allowed to flourish and thrive while Beware the Batman was cut off well before it's prime. Beware the Batman was, in all honesty, the best Batman presentation since Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (or, Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker, or, hell, anything with Mark Hamill's Joker in it, aside from the pilot of Birds of Prey).

Did they cancel Beware the Batman? I had watched an episode a while back, didn't care for it and moved along. I haven't heard anything about its cancellation but knew its future on Cartoon Network was uncertain.
  • Afleck isn't all that bad a choice but the studio would probably have generated lots of buzz if Keaton were to come back, who is only about 60. Still younger than Indiana Jones.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

Did they cancel Beware the Batman? I had watched an episode a while back, didn't care for it and moved along. I haven't heard anything about its cancellation but knew its future on Cartoon Network was uncertain.

It was cancelled quietly. They took it off the schedule, said it would come back on, then never brought it back. Then they released a DVD of the first thirteen episodes, two of which were never aired. I'll admit, the show wasn't fantastic early on. The "sprawling" city of Gotham was as eventful as a funeral for a homeless man, and the idea of using lesser known (for a damn good reason) villains like that frog guy and Professor Pyg just caused wasted opportunities.

The show did start out with promise, however. Making Alfred less of Bruce's butler and more of his trainer was a great choice, and bringing Katana in and having her slowly learn that her friend's (Alfred's) boss is the Batman was worth it when she finally found out and started her own training under the Bat. Kurtwood Smith made an excellent Jim Gordon, as well.

Slowly, Gotham started gaining inhabitants, instead of having those lifeless streets, and the hints toward Ra's al Ghul were sending us toward a finale that would have been awesome (and even better if they got David Warner to voice Ra's, but sadly, according to Wikipedia, they didn't). The show was truly cut off long before it had a chance to show us what it was capable of.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Since Man of Steel kicked off Warner Bros.' very own "Cinematic Universe," there's been countless chatter about where they will be going in the future and how they might tie into the on-going DC-based shows on The CW. Nothing has been made official, and according to David Goyer, WB isn't sure themselves.

"I know that Warner Bros. would love to make their universe more cohesive," he said in an interview with IGN when asked about connecting the films and TV shows. "There have been a lot of general conversations about that, but it's really, really early. I'm not sure. Marvel has had enormous success, but I'm not sure that everybody should try to emulate them either. It's just been vague conversations so far."

Vague conversations...wholly sums up WB/DC's game plan. *shakes head*
    Afleck isn't all that bad a choice but the studio would probably have generated lots of buzz if Keaton were to come back, who is only about 60. Still younger than Indiana Jones.

Haha, very funny.
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 12,837
    RC7 wrote:
    To reiterate, Batman shits on everything.

Judge Dredd shits on Batman. If they ever did a film with the two of them then Judge Dredd would just shoot Batman in the face for being a vigilante.
  • RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote:

Judge Dredd shits on Batman. If they ever did a film with the two of them then Judge Dredd would just shoot Batman in the face for being a vigilante.

Ha ha. Dredd would be lost to the shadows before he even had the chance.

• edited April 2014 Posts: 6,396
    RC7 wrote:
    RC7 wrote:

tumblr_mar556GCxW1rgxdhwo1_500.gif

:D
    It looks like he's repeatedly saying "yuuuuum".
    RC7 wrote:
    RC7 wrote:

I do love the crossover comics where both characters are doing very well matching eachother.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

tumblr_mar556GCxW1rgxdhwo1_500.gif

:D
    doubleoego wrote:
    It looks like he's repeatedly saying "yuuuuum".

He is having a barbecue.
    RC7 wrote:
    RC7 wrote:

Sylvester Stallone and Karl Urban vs Michael Keaton and Ben Affleck. It's not even a fair fight really is it :P

Batman is an emo who wears his pants outside his trousers. Judge Dredd is a cop with a gun that can fire almost anything he (literally) tells it too. Judge Dredd's sidekick is this badass girl who can read minds. Batman's sidekick is a young boy who lives with him and dresses in a ridiculously skimpy outfit (because that's not weird at all). Batman fights baddies such as a clown and a scarecrow. Judge Dredd fights baddies such as a giant dinasour and a psychotic prozzie turned drug kingpin.

tumblr_kouopijcQr1qzgwhvo1_500_6763.jpg

4o34d7.jpg

Batbed.png

Dredd wins.
    Batman is way cooler then Dredd.
    I think Batman would be appalled at some of Dredd's tactics. Especially the guns thing... Not exactly the face of justice when you kill indiscriminately, eh?
    TDKR pretty much showed how useless batman can be. He had his back broken by some "big guy" with a severe breathing problem and then they took his toys and dumped his ass in a pit. Fir someone who spends a lot of time in a cave, him climbing out of the pit once his back healed (in ridiculous record time I might add) should have been child's play; pun not intended.

Seriously though, batman is a badass but he's definitely the most illogically overrated superhero in comicdom.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    @thelivingroyale: Thanks! :)) Best laugh of the day.
    I think Batman would be appalled at some of Dredd's tactics. Especially the guns thing... Not exactly the face of justice when you kill indiscriminately, eh?

Dredd isn't the face of justice, he's the face of the law. That's what makes him more interesting than Batman and all the rest of them imo. He's not a goody two shoes do the right thing don't kill anyone guy in a mask and a cape. He's a cop that is always extremely dedicated to his job even if following the law doesn't mean doing the right thing. If a five year old murdered somebody then Dredd would probably execute the kid without a second thought. He's a proper anti hero.
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 9,771
    I just don't see the draw in Dredd however there is a decent few cross overs with Batman and Dredd..

Judge-Dredd-Batman-Judgement-On-Gotham-616x505.jpg

I don't see how this thread, which about the upcoming Batman Vs. Superman title, and has already deviated from it's original intention by bringing in the DC Vs. Marvel debate, intense hatred and/or support for Man of Steel, and a couple other discussions I can't even remember anymore, has now turned into a "Which is cooler: Batman or Dredd?" discussion.

And for the record, Batman could kick Dredd's ass all over the park. "There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix, with my hands."
    doubleoego wrote:
    TDKR pretty much showed how useless batman can be. He had his back broken by some "big guy" with a severe breathing problem and then they took his toys and dumped his ass in a pit. Fir someone who spends a lot of time in a cave, him climbing out of the pit once his back healed (in ridiculous record time I might add) should have been child's play; pun not intended.

Seriously though, batman is a badass but he's definitely the most illogically overrated superhero in comicdom.

How is he useless? The guy had been out of the game for years, already had injuries before his fight and went into it not fully accepting his limitations. His climb out of the pit (with no rope, might I add) shows that Bruce and Batman coexist as one and the same. Just because Bruce doesn't have his toys doesn't mean he's done for. His ascension out of the pit is him literally facing his fears and origin, as the climb mirrors exactly his fall as a boy from the cave, where he was first faced with his fear of bats. Even after months upon months of being stuck down there he sucked up the pain and kept at it, never giving up. Even when he got done accomplishing that goal he still kept on pushing and saved the city once again. TDKR showed just how much we need Batman, my friend, not that he's out of date. Nobody else is going to save the day when the chips are down like him. He's the mortal among the gods and better than them all, never compromising and forever determined.

And to correct you, Bane doesn't have a breathing problem, the mask feeds him anesthetic gas to stop him from feeling the pain of his injuries that he acquired in the pit. Breathing problem, what a laugh...
    Back on topic according to a Forum member in superherohype the Cameras used to film BVS are on their way to Detroit as we speak.
    doubleoego wrote:

How is he useless? The guy had been out of the game for years, already had injuries before his fight and went into it not fully accepting his limitations. His climb out of the pit (with no rope, might I add) shows that Bruce and Batman coexist as one and the same. Just because Bruce doesn't have his toys doesn't mean he's done for. His ascension out of the pit is him literally facing his fears and origin, as the climb mirrors exactly his fall as a boy from the cave, where he was first faced with his fear of bats. Even after months upon months of being stuck down there he sucked up the pain and kept at it, never giving up. Even when he got done accomplishing that goal he still kept on pushing and saved the city once again. TDKR showed just how much we need Batman, my friend, not that he's out of date. Nobody else is going to save the day when the chips are down like him. He's the mortal among the gods and better than them all, never compromising and forever determined.

And to correct you, Bane doesn't have a breathing problem, the mask feeds him anesthetic gas to stop him from feeling the pain of his injuries that he acquired in the pit. Breathing problem, what a laugh...

The laugh, @Brady is that you missed the fact that I was being facetious. I thought my last sentence made it clear that the aforementioned comments I made weren't to be taken seriously at all. Maybe I should have used a smiley face.
    doubleoego wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:

The laugh, @Brady is that you missed the fact that I was being facetious. I thought my last sentence made it clear that the aforementioned comments I made weren't to be taken seriously at all. Maybe I should have used a smiley face.

It's a bit hard to read facetiousness in comments sometimes.

Wow, I guess we'll be seeing Diana in her Wonder Woman outfit in this one too if the news is true that they are doing costume tests for her along with Batman and Superman's suits.
    We got Batman. We got Superman. We got Wonder Woman. Now we got Cyborg.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/25/ray-fisher-cast-as-cyborg-in-batman-vs-superman

Can we just start calling this Justice League now?
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    I don't like all those Man of Steel: Rise of the Darkness .. etc titles.

I think that the only one I would prefer is Man of Steel Battle the Knight.
    We got Batman. We got Superman. We got Wonder Woman. Now we got Cyborg.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/25/ray-fisher-cast-as-cyborg-in-batman-vs-superman

Can we just start calling this Justice League now?

From what I hear it will be a small role. Either way, I agree that it's getting more crowded.