Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I would have rather had Dalton as Alfred (purely just for seeing a former Bond as a butler), but I think Irons will do a damn good job.
    Wow I didn't see that coming! But? I have to say that although I am sad that Dalton has not got the Alfred role? I am really pleased that Irons has got the part! Think he is brilliant!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I would have rather had Dalton as Alfred (purely just for seeing a former Bond as a butler), but I think Irons will do a damn good job.

Agree, but Eisenberg? Seriously?
    Oh well, Hackman was terrible as well. And Spacey played Hackman revved up a notch.
    Telly Savalas was the best Lex Luthor we never had.
    Jeremy Irons as the bad guy? This will be fun :D

BAIN123 wrote:

Irons isn't playing a bad guy.
    BAIN123 wrote:

no he will be Alfred.

• edited February 2014 Posts: 11,189
    Sorry, misread it (thought he was Luthor). Still...always good to see Irons onscreen.

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Love the bit with Affleck, but yeah this is going be worse than Man of Steel.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Can we actually let Jesse do his thing first before judging him to death? The internet needs to calm down and have an ice-cream cone. I bet Ben's happy that he gets a break from the crap-storming now that Jesse is facing the firing squad. I think they'll both knock it out of the park.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Can we actually let Jesse do his thing first before judging him to death?

I've seen him in three films (Zombieland, some movie about an amusement park that wasn't Zombieland, and that Facebook movie that I forced myself to watch just to laugh at it like a maniac), and the only one I liked was Zombieland, and that's because of Woody Harrelson and his Twinkie obsession, not really because of Jesse Eisenberg, though I did think he did a decent job.
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 1,215
    I like the Eisenberg casting quite a bit but I think he'd only be able to pull it off if he was a self made rags to riches type in the mould of Zuckerberg or Jobs. Especially because if that's the route they go there is the potential for an interesting dynamic between Bruce Wayne, the veteran industry titan who inherited an empire, and Lex Luthor the young upstart with a meteoric rise to the top.
  • The casting of Lex with an actor the same age as Cavill made me notice something- Batman is like 10 freaking years older than both of them. Not saying it's bad of course- I guess I just always pictured Batman to be closer in age to Supes, and Lex was the older one.

Has that ever been addressed in the comics I wonder?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

I've seen him in three films (Zombieland, some movie about an amusement park that wasn't Zombieland, and that Facebook movie that I forced myself to watch just to laugh at it like a maniac), and the only one I liked was Zombieland, and that's because of Woody Harrelson and his Twinkie obsession, not really because of Jesse Eisenberg, though I did think he did a decent job.

You missed my point. I mean, can we let him take on the role of Lex first and see how he does before you storm at his door with pitchforks in hand?

You missed my point. I mean, can we let him take on the role of Lex first and see how he does before you storm at his door with pitchforks in hand?

Relax, were not wanting to hang him. Were just expressing our opinion's of his casting.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It's not guaranteed that Eisenberg will do terrible - just look at some of the backlash that Ledger received before playing the Joker, and then see how that turned out - but I have to say, it sounds like joke casting and I can think of many other actors who I would appreciate playing Lex more.
    Murdock wrote:

Relax, were not wanting to hang him. Were just expressing our opinion's of his casting.

I'm not aiming my biggest frustrations at you all, but mostly those idiots that would go so far as to get a stupid petition signed to remove an actor from a role. Surely there are bigger priorities in this world of ours?
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, absolutely, though I will admit I signed a petition a while back to get a 'Dredd' sequel.
    Murdock wrote:

I'm not aiming my biggest frustrations at you all, but mostly those idiots that would go so far as to get a stupid petition signed to remove an actor from a role. Surely there are bigger priorities in this world of ours?

Wait, are you talking about the petitions to remove Affleck from the role of Bruce Wayne, or are there now petitions against Eisenberg?
    edited February 2014 Posts: 28,694
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, absolutely, though I will admit I signed a petition a while back to get a 'Dredd' sequel.

That's not idiotic at all. I'd have a problem if you signed a petition because you disagreed with a casting choice and are flaming an actor or actress with vitriol and want the entire film to backtrack and cast the way you wished, but what you did there was guided by the fact that you simply wanted a sequel to a film you liked, as many others likely do. There's no anger or childishness in signing that kind of petition, and it isn't being formed out of hatred, so that doesn't bug me in the slightest.
    Murdock wrote:

Wait, are you talking about the petitions to remove Affleck from the role of Bruce Wayne, or are there now petitions against Eisenberg?

Basically, yes, and I'm sure petitions against Eisenberg are being assembled and signed as we speak. I hate the petitions against Ben and all those like it from times past that are signed by those spewing out their childish anger over a casting decision and wishing for the whole film to conform to their vision even though they have no part of it. It's annoying and immature and truly needs to stop. People complain about the absolute failure of democracy/governments, especially of the western world, yet these fools will sign a petition about booting Ben off of Batman vs. Superman that is required to be ruled on by law if it gets enough signatures. That wastes the time of all our government appointed officials, and gets in the way of solving issues that are of actual importance in the world.
    Sadly it comes with the age of the internet. Everything is now a dumping ground of whining and complaints.
  • RC7RC7
    I can't imagine these casting decisions were made on a whim, particularly considering this film has found itself in a make or break situation. Happy to see what comes of it. The only casting decisions that I tend to shun are those clearly made by a studio head and not the creative team. Eisenberg is clearly a creative decision and it appears they've been planning on a reworked Luthor all along. Don't be surprised in the slightest if it turns out that Nolan, via Goyer, has had an eye on the development of Luthor.
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 6,396
    We as Bond fans know all about petitions. Grown adults behaving like spoilt 6 year old children, throwing their toys around. It really is quite pathetic.

I remember all the anger and vitriol surrounding Heath Ledger's casting as Joker only for those people to do a U-turn upon viewing TDK for the first time and jump on the bandwagon of the "we supported him all along" brigade.
    Even though he was the nerd type in Zombie Land and The Social Network, I am willing to give him a chance. Just like I did to Craig and Ledger.
    edited February 2014 Posts: 28,694
    I think Jesse will play an arrogant, corporate Luthor quite well, the kind that would let heads roll (literally) if it meant that LexCorp was still on top. He should be able to handle the character's intellect well also, and the superiority complex I'm hoping he'll have in the film. It'll be great to see that character face off against another brilliant brain, the world's greatest detective, as well as the relationship Luthor and Bruce will have, being that they share very similar successes and positions (LexCorp and Wayne Enterprises).
    From what I gather from comment sections across the internet, every comic book film that is not a Marvel Studios film is automatically a disaster. This casting intrigues me and I'm very excited for this film. Same goes with X Men Days of Future Past. That is my most anticipated film for this year but since it's not a Marvel Studio all I hear is "please give X Men back to Marvel! Bryan Singer sucks! They've ruined everything!". Don't get me wrong, I love the Marvel films, I do. But it doesn't mean things can't be done differently by other companies with great results.
    bondbat007 wrote:
    From what I gather from comment sections across the internet, every comic book film that is not a Marvel Studios film is automatically a disaster. This casting intrigues me and I'm very excited for this film. Same goes with X Men Days of Future Past. That is my most anticipated film for this year but since it's not a Marvel Studio all I hear is "please give X Men back to Marvel! Bryan Singer sucks! They've ruined everything!". Don't get me wrong, I love the Marvel films, I do. But it doesn't mean things can't be done differently by other companies with great results.

I wish the studios would unite and do team up films across properties that each own. We could see characters like Wolverine and Spiderman teaming up with the Avengers, and the studios that own the rights to the characters would both make insane bank because the films would receive massive flocks of fans seeing the films again and again. It's a win win in my eyes, though we'll never see it happen. I just don't think enough like a heartless businessman, I guess.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Well, have you heard what they're planning for the new Fantastic 4 reboot? I just don't get Fox at all. They butchered the first 2 movies, Dr.Doom was a joke and Freakin' Galactus was a bloody cloud. A cloud! Now, they're looking at casting a teenage Reed Richards, a black Johnny Storm AND the biggest trespass of all, they're looking to make Dr. Doom a woman! *slaps forehead*
    doubleoego wrote:
    Now, they're looking at casting a teenage Reed Richards,

Not much of a problem. The Ultimate Fantastic Four comic book did the same.
    doubleoego wrote:
    a black Johnny Storm

Da f*ck?
    doubleoego wrote:
    AND the biggest trespass of all, they're looking to make Dr. Doom a woman!

Da f*ck?!
    Teen Reed Richards isn't a bad idea but it hasn't been confirmed.

That black Johnny happens to be Michael B. Jordan who is a great actor and I would love to see him play Johnny Storm. Also it's just a rumor because he worked with the director in Chronicle.

And the woman Dr. Doom thing is just from a report saying that they want to find the best actor for the job and if that meant Doom becoming a woman (which I admit I'm skeptical with but kind of intrigued at the same time) they would do it.