Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Yeah but... Victoria Von Doom?
    I would have rather had Dalton as Alfred (purely just for seeing a former Bond as a butler), but I think Irons will do a damn good job.

Agree, but Eisenberg? Seriously?
    Oh well, Hackman was terrible as well. And Spacey played Hackman revved up a notch.

Telly Savalas was the best Lex Luthor we never had.

Hackman was terrible? Er...reallly? News to me. Spacey was good and more sinister but lacked Hackman's touch of charm and charisma which I think are key Lex Luthor attributes. I agree that Dalton would have made a fine Alfred though. Shame but Jez Irons will do a fine job.

• bondbat007 wrote:
    From what I gather from comment sections across the internet, every comic book film that is not a Marvel Studios film is automatically a disaster. This casting intrigues me and I'm very excited for this film. Same goes with X Men Days of Future Past. That is my most anticipated film for this year but since it's not a Marvel Studio all I hear is "please give X Men back to Marvel! Bryan Singer sucks! They've ruined everything!". Don't get me wrong, I love the Marvel films, I do. But it doesn't mean things can't be done differently by other companies with great results.

Not necessarily. The X-Men films are produced by Fox and are anticipated with alot of excitement. Same went for the Nolan Batman films. And Sony's rebooted Spiderman films aswell.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Meanwhile, Marvel have brilliantly just cast Paul Bettany aka JARVIS in the iron man movies as the superhero, Vision for the Avengers 2.
    For reasonable people and general movie goers, yes the X Men and Spider-Man films are great. But to these so called "fanboys", it just seems that if Marvel/Disney isn't making them, why bother? Just seems wrong to me. Can't wait for every comic book film
  • bondbat007 wrote:
    For reasonable people and general movie goers, yes the X Men and Spider-Man films are great. But to these so called "fanboys", it just seems that if Marvel/Disney isn't making them, why bother? Just seems wrong to me. Can't wait for every comic book film

Again from what I've gathered "the fanboys" are just as psyched, if not more, for X-Men: Days of Future Past than they are for any upcoming Marvel film. Except maybe Avengers 2.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    LeChiffre wrote:
    I would have rather had Dalton as Alfred (purely just for seeing a former Bond as a butler), but I think Irons will do a damn good job.

Agree, but Eisenberg? Seriously?
    Oh well, Hackman was terrible as well. And Spacey played Hackman revved up a notch.

Telly Savalas was the best Lex Luthor we never had.

Hackman was terrible? Er...reallly? News to me. Spacey was good and more sinister but lacked Hackman's touch of charm and charisma which I think are key Lex Luthor attributes. I agree that Dalton would have made a fine Alfred though. Shame but Jez Irons will do a fine job.

Ok, maybe I was a bit harsh. Hackman was terrific at what he did. It was what they did to the Luthor persona and his whole environment that was terrible. It was basically a spoof, and nothing like the source material. I was hoping the Cranston rumours were true, but we shall see how the new Luthor reinvention plays out. Seeing Eisenburg cast was a big WTF moment, but I await the result before going into a tantrum.
    I just found out the site http://www.batmanvsuperman.com/ has gone active with the promo image from comiccon and the new release date.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I doubt it's real. I'm betting fansite or something. Granted, Batman Vs. Superman is the best title they could have (my older brother refuses to call it that, instead calling it "Man of Steel 2", simply because it's a sequel to Man of Steel).
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    They registered a bunch of domain names about two - three weeks ago, so there are tons of possible titles. I'm thinking this is just a working title, though.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Snyder has stated that this film is heavily influenced by the DARK KNIGHT RETURNS comic by Miller, so that raises my expectations considerably.
    Hey, the state just above mine...

Nope, still don't care enough.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I actually saw a ton of imbecilic gossip stories months ago that were inquiring fervently why Ben was moving his family to Detroit, and they couldn't seem to put two and two together. I felt like shouting "He's filming Batman vs. Superman, you idiots," at the screen, but refrained from it.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, like the idiots who stated Bond wouldn't drink vodka martinis anymore after Heineken was confirmed for SF? It bothers me how stupid some people can be.
    I'll say this. Batman vs. Superman is a much better title than those potential titles released a few months ago. All of them were basically Man of Steel: Something to do with Knight or Dark. They all sounded pretty cheesey.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I'll say this. Batman vs. Superman is a much better title than those potential titles released a few months ago. All of them were basically Man of Steel: Something to do with Knight or Dark. They all sounded pretty cheesey.
    I'm still holding out for World's Finest, but Batman vs. Superman will get the most butts in seats, so maybe it could be used for another sequel with Batman and Superman teaming up.
    It should be 'Man of Steel: ______' because it's the 'Man of Steel' sequel, but I really hope they don't go with one of those cringe-worthy subtitles that were rumored a few months back like @DoubleOhhSeven stated.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 1,778
    I'm still holding out for World's Finest, but Batman vs. Superman will get the most butts in seats, so maybe it could be used for another sequel with Batman and Superman teaming up.

I'd be more than happy with World's Finest but as you stated "Batman vs. Superman" or "Superman vs. Batman" will sell the most tickets. They're simple and to the point. Non comic book fans probably won't understand what "World's Finest" is and view it as a strange title.

I'd be more than happy with World's Finest but as you stated "Batman vs. Superman" or "Superman vs. Batman" will sell the most tickets. They're simple and too the point. Non comic book fans probably won't understand what "World's Finest" is and view it as a strange title.

That's quite true. Plus, with it being the working title for so long, it'll be weird to call it anything but 'Batman vs. Superman' or 'Superman vs. Batman.'
    Agreed I actually like Batman Vs Superman love the title?
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    MrBond wrote:
    A leaked concept art for the Batman costume!
    999782_10151830570222439_1995608109_n.jpg

Please no! I don't want a copy of TDK trilogy, I want something new, maybe something more like the comics. I also really don't like the mask, it's too bulky and the cape looks kind of stupid.

MrBond wrote:
    A leaked concept art for the Batman costume!
    999782_10151830570222439_1995608109_n.jpg

Please no! I don't want a copy of TDK trilogy, I want something new, maybe something more like the comics. I also really don't like the mask, it's too bulky and the cape looks kind of stupid.

Kinda looks like they're going for similar to the Arkham trilogy. And, yes, the cape looks stupid, but it'll probably be just like Man of Steel, where the cape was CG.
    I don't think that design is the one they are going with, or that it is even genuine. That thing would not get Kevin Smith excited; it's too overdone and nothing special. The suit they are going with must be something else entirely different. I'm still hoping it's the classic black and gray suit which we have yet to see on the big screen.
    There's still a very important thing that this suit not only adheres to, but states right on the image: "No Bat Nipples!!!"
    I don't think that design is the one they are going with, or that it is even genuine. That thing would not get Kevin Smith excited; it's too overdone and nothing special. The suit they are going with must be something else entirely different. I'm still hoping it's the classic black and gray suit which we have yet to see on the big screen.

What works on the comic book page might not work on screen. I think they should've stuck with black. A grey suit might look silly when viewed on film.

Changing topics, now it's officially been announced that Captain America 3 is Marvel's May 6th 2016 release and will go head-to-head with Batman vs. Superman, which would you all see first? For me the choice is clearly Cap 3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier is the best popcorn action film I've seen since Skyfall. I couldn't be happier. Meanwhile I have serious doubts over Batman Vs. Superman. Either way I'm pretty sure DC will blink first and yet again move their release date. They've got alot more to lose than Marvel.

What works on the comic book page might not work on screen. I think they should've stuck with black. A grey suit might look silly when viewed on film.

Changing topics, now it's officially been announced that Captain America 3 is Marvel's May 6th 2016 release and will go head-to-head with Batman vs. Superman, which would you all see first? For me the choice is clearly Cap 3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier is the best popcorn action film I've seen since Skyfall. I couldn't be happier. Meanwhile I have serious doubts over Batman Vs. Superman. Either way I'm pretty sure DC will blink first and yet again move their release date. They've got alot more to lose than Marvel.

I'd see Batman vs. Superman (or whatever it'll be called) first, any day of the week. Batman defeats all.

I'd see Batman vs. Superman (or whatever it'll be called) first, any day of the week. Batman defeats all.

As big a deal as Batman vs. Superman is you have to also look at the people behind the camera. Marvel retained the Russo's and their crew to helm Cap 3. As I said I loved CA:TWS and I have the faith the same group of people will bring us an equally awesome sequel. Meanwhile the same group of people who gave us the painfully disappointing Man of Steal is bringing us Batman vs. Superman. Minus their all-star player in Christopher Nolan who has said he will not be producing this time around. That and the film's cast have greatly lowered my expectations. At the end of the day Marvel knows what it's doing. I'm not sure I can say the same for DC.

As big a deal as Batman vs. Superman is you have to also look at the people behind the camera. Marvel retained the Russo's and their crew to helm Cap 3. As I said I loved CA:TWS and I have the faith the same group of people will bring us an equally awesome sequel. Meanwhile the same group of people who gave us the painfully disappointing Man of Steal is bringing us Batman vs. Superman. Minus their all-star player in Christopher Nolan who has said he will not be producing this time around. That and the film's cast have greatly lowered my expectations. At the end of the day Marvel knows what it's doing. I'm not sure I can say the same for DC.

No, you think that MoS was disappointing. I appreciate your effort, but I can and will speak for myself. While a lot of people have been moping and whining about the upcoming Batman and Superman film I am staying positive as can be. I think Ben will do great, Eisenberg will surprise a lot of dissenters, and the film itself will be an interesting take on the classic Batman and Superman dynamic/face-off, whichever angle they choose to go with. Being negative before you are seen anything at all is just daft.