Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    DarthDimi wrote:
    What I find strange is this. When James Cameron says he'll do another Avatar somewhere in the next half a decade, people are fine with that. When DC announces that the next Batman / Superman will come out one year later, suddenly people suspect trouble everywhere...
    Exactly. As the sign above the doorway to Hell reads: "Lighten Up!"

• edited January 2014 Posts: 12,837
    "Will it ever come out?" Yes.

Anyway if I was excited for the film I'd probably be feeling pretty annoyed right now but is it stands I'm not really fussed, I think it's more of a good thing than a bad thing, because more time will give them a chance to make a better film.
    Maybe they plan to release some films on the other Justice League members perhaps? Before they all team up? But they would have to announce them soon!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    DarthDimi wrote:
    What I find strange is this. When James Cameron says he'll do another Avatar somewhere in the next half a decade, people are fine with that. When DC announces that the next Batman / Superman will come out one year later, suddenly people suspect trouble everywhere...

1) Clearly, not as many people care about Avatar (me included) and;
    2) Jim Cameron already takes so long to make a movie nowadays, saying it'll come out in the next decade is a genuine surprise.
    Jennifer Gardner said the new batsuit is amazing.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Too bad we still have some time before we see it.
  • Risico007 wrote:
    Jennifer Gardner said the new batsuit is amazing.

Hmmm Affleck's wife and fat side-kick have both said the bat-suit looks awesome. Well then it must be true.

Ofcourse that's what they're going to say. They'll also say Affleck is a great actor but we know that's not true.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Just saw AFfkeck presenting at that awards ceremony on Sunday where Vabs and Michael were being honoured, he didn't look big or physically impressive as Cavill did/does in a suit. I think Affleck needs extra time to get big and ripped.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    doubleoego wrote:
    Just saw AFfkeck presenting at that awards ceremony on Sunday where Vabs and Michael were being honoured, he didn't look big or physically impressive as Cavill did/does in a suit. I think Affleck needs extra time to get big and ripped.

He was wearing a suit, so you couldn't really tell anyway, could you? I think he's going to be in fine shape for the role, and already is, considering that the costume fitters have urged him to stop bulking up.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Well perhaps. He just doesn't look nowhere near as Big as Cavill does in his MoU suits but then again maybe they don't want batman to be as big, which is what I thought they were sort of aiming for.
  • doubleoego wrote:
    Well perhaps. He just doesn't look nowhere near as Big as Cavill does in his MoU suits but then again maybe they don't want batman to be as big, which is what I thought they were sort of aiming for.

Nor did he look as big as Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, or even Christian Bale in Batman Begins. I'm not sure that story can be entirely true.
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 2,107
    I want them to finally give Crispin Glover a chance to play the joker. It's long overdue and he's not getting any younger.

Watched the Charlie's Angels films, and I could swear he's the perfect "comic book" joker.

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130303232035/dcmovies/images/thumb/6/66/Crispin_Glover_as_Joker.jpg/640px-Crispin_Glover_as_Joker.jpg
    Apparently Snyder is in Michigan right now ready to start filming so I am confused.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Filming doesn't begin until the Summer so I've no idea what that is about.
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 9,767
    Apparently its scouting locations and filming is in May...

As long as Affleck stays on board I don't care.

http://www.acting-auditions.org/2013/12/casting-calls-and-auditions-for-warner-bros-pictures-batman-vs-superman-lead-and-supporting-roles.html
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 4,813
    I was just curious on everyone's opinion, because I'm unsure myself: what would you guys rather see happen? Stephen Amell showing up in the Justice League movie, or maybe Ben Affleck guest staring on Arrow?
  • SuperheroSithSuperheroSith SE London
    I was just curious on everyone's opinion, because I'm unsure myself: what would you guys rather see happen? Stephen Amell showing up in the Justice League movie, or maybe Ben Affleck guest staring on Arrow?

Definitely Steven Amell in the Justice League movie. Arrow is my favourite superhero series, Green Arrow is my second favourite hero and I just don't like Ben Affleck.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Why do people still insist on Affleck being a horrendous actor? Do you still cling to his older films or something, that span of time when everything he did was critically hated? Check out 'The Town' and 'Argo' and tell me he's a terrible actor.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Why do people still insist on Affleck being a horrendous actor? Do you still cling to his older films or something, that span of time when everything he did was critically hated? Check out 'The Town' and 'Argo' and tell me he's a terrible actor.

Well said.
    Creasy47 wrote:

Well said Creasy47!
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 1,778
    Creasy47 wrote:

It's not that he's a terrible actor, just not a particularly good one. He was the least memorable thing about both The Town and Argo. Fortunately both movies have tremendous supporting casts that carry the film. Whether it be Rebecca Hall, Jeremy Renner, and Jon Hamm (who himself would've made an awesome Batman) in The Town or Bryan Cranston and Alan Arkin in Argo. Affleck always comes off as an afterthought. He should give up this dream of being Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt and focus only on directing and maybe supporting roles. Batman needs an actor with a surplus of gravitas and screen presence. I just don't think Affleck is that man. Just because he's proven himself as a director doesn't mean he's a better actor.
  • RC7RC7
    While I have no particular problem with the Affleck casting, I would have been far more excited to hear he'd taken the reigns from Snyder.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Thank you, ladies and gentlemen. He really isn't a terrible actor.
    Agree with @RC7. Affleck's not the concern it's Snyder everyone should be worried about.
  • Agree with @RC7. Affleck's not the concern it's Snyder everyone should be worried about.

I agree with that. Snyder is going to be this film's biggest weakness. But I'm still holding onto hope Affleck drops out. I'd just really love to see either Karl Urban or Jon Hamm as Batman. But that's just wishful thinking.
    I never got the Hamm or Urban love honestly

I always like Bradley Cooper for Batman but I don't mind Affleck I am kind of excited for him in largely the same way as I was for Daniel Craig.
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 1,778
    Risico007 wrote:
    I never got the Hamm or Urban love honestly

I always like Bradley Cooper for Batman but I don't mind Affleck I am kind of excited for him in largely the same way as I was for Daniel Craig.

Urban gets the love simply because he's perfect for the role. Watch Dredd and you'll see why he's the ideal choice. That's the comic book Batman to a tee. Hamm is my second choice because after his role in MadMen it's clear he has a knack for portraying duality in his characters. And when playing Batman you need to essentially play two completely different characters.

What separates Affleck's controversial casting from the likes of say Daniel Craig, Michael Keaton as Batman or Heath Ledger as The Joker was that all 3 actors had in the past put on fantastic performances and had proven their range and diversity. And while I admire Affleck's work as a director, I'm sorry but as an actor I think he mostly sucks. In nearly 20 years I've never seen him give a show-stealing performance. He's ranged from mediocre to bad. And Batman has to have a larger than life presence and gravitas that can scare the hell out of you. "Larger than life" "gravitas" and "scary" is not how I'd describe Ben Affleck. Again if you can name me a movie where he gives a Christian Bale-like performance I'd happily give it a chance. I just don't think it exists.
  • Look at the Alex Ross Batman- that's pretty much Jon Hamm (even if it wasn't on purpose)

Jon_Hamm_from_SNL_to_Batman_Beyond_The_Trailer.jpg
  • Look at the Alex Ross Batman- that's pretty much Jon Hamm (even if it wasn't on purpose)

Jon_Hamm_from_SNL_to_Batman_Beyond_The_Trailer.jpg

There you have it. If either Urban or Hamm gets cast I'll be happy man. But I don't have alot of faith in these Ben Affleck quitting rumors.