Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Comments

I don't know nothing about Vandal Savage... Is he the Apocalypse of the DC universe?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    It is the preparation for JL for sure.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    0013 wrote:
    I don't know nothing about Vandal Savage... Is he the Apocalypse of the DC universe?

Vandal Savage is a neanderthal who was accidentally given immortality by way of a meteor hitting the Earth 50,000 years ago. He was also gifted with extreme intelligence. Best Vandal Savage thing I ever saw was the Justice League episode "Hereafter, Part II", in which Superman is transported into the future and Savage is the last human being left on the planet.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I don't really know much about Savage or the comic book world, but I think an immortal villain is about the best thing you can get in terms of a good on-screen fight.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I don't really know much about Savage or the comic book world, but I think an immortal villain is about the best thing you can get in terms of a good on-screen fight.

There are problems with that though...

1) The Deus Ex Machina Ending: Something shows up just in the nick of time to either kill or simply stop the villain, who is otherwise unstoppable and unkillable.
    2) The Villain is Too Powerful = Sequel Bait: An immortal/unkillable villain who can just keep coming back would make it a little too stale. It'd be like the bad guys in Bond always being a member of SPECTRE, or something.
    3) We Can Bring Him Back: This is something they can suffer from if they include Ra's Al Ghul, as well. The man could just keep getting thrown into a Lazerus Pit, which brings him back to life. Even if they stop Vandal Savage somehow, he could just keep getting brought back from either exile or death.
    That was going to my question eventually: how does he die in the comic book/animated world? Does he ever? If so, like you said, it would never get wrapped up and he could just continuously return and destroy everyone.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    That was going to my question eventually: how does he die in the comic book/animated world? Does he ever? If so, like you said, it would never get wrapped up and he could just continuously return and destroy everyone.

Well, I don't know about the comics, myself, but I'm pretty sure he's still alive. In the Justice League animated series, he was simply never heard from again. Young Justice ended with him meeting up with Darkseid, and then the series was cancelled, robbing us of what would have been the best season of that equally great show.
    That sounds like a shame. Well then perhaps an immortal enemy isn't the best route to go, though I was just saying it would be good because you can't really have a more intense fight than two superheroes teaming up to fight one immortal enemy, but if he truly is immortal with no weaknesses whatsoever, then there's only one plausible way it could end.
    Never heard of Savage either? I just look forward to the movie itself and just hope they do it justice! ;) ;))

Take a leaf out of Marvels book!
    It appears that Joaquin Phoenix might be in 'Batman vs. Superman':

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=112668
    Creasy47 wrote:

He is a great actor, I would love to see him take the role? Thought he was outstanding in both Gladiator and Walk the Line in particular.
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 9,770
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Creasy47 wrote:

Unlike most of the casting rumors and decisions for this film, I'm actually intrigued by this one.
    Creasy47 wrote:

I can convey no response but inane babel!
    It appears that the writer of 'Argo' has been brought in to work on the script for 'Batman vs. Superman':

http://www.vulture.com/2013/12/batman-vs-superman.html
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    @Risico007 beat you to it a few posts up. This should mean good things, as long as the first verdict is not, "I need to start from scratch". What's there already better be of good quality.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    @Risico007 beat you to it a few posts up. This should mean good things, as long as the first verdict is not, "I need to start from scratch". What's there already better be of good quality.

Missed that, apologies. Yeah, I don't see him doing a total re-write, hopefully touching up on a few things, but if they get too many fingers in the pie, it'll be a total mess. Too many conflicting ideas and different directions and the film will be bad from the start.
    The costumes are being finalized:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=112733
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 9,770
    and we will get our first images I am guessing February
    I can't wait to see Afleck in a Batsuit that isn't just his head Photoshopped onto Christian Bale's body.

Also, here's part of a MAD sketch that should interest everybody here. Thankfully, the important part is in this video.

Will certainly give an idea of the tone of the film once we get a costume reveal?!!! Bring it on! :-bd
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

He is a great actor, I would love to see him take the role? Thought he was outstanding in both Gladiator and Walk the Line in particular.

And in The Master! I think he is an overlooked actor, but anyone who so skilfully plays the Man in Black as he did, gets my profund admiration.
    One of the producers speaks about Wonder Woman's role in the film:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=112813
  • AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME
    Check out this fan-made trailer I found!! It's not perfect, as Batman humorously changes from Affleck to Bale (in costume) and even an Arkham Origins cutscene #-o but what's important is that it features..... Timothy Dalton as Alfred.

PLEASE LET THIS COME TRUE

That is some piece of work! =D>
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 4,813
    Has there been any word lately regarding Alfred? I heard last year that Timothy Dalton had been approached, but it has been unconfirmed. The most I ever heard was that Dalton simply said 'let's just wait and see!' (or something to that effect)

I really hope it's true as he was my favorite Bond and he's just too good an actor for how little-known he is to the general public. I'd love to see him in a big budget movie again

Some fan-art I came across; he certainly fits the bill IMO

dalton+as+alfred.jpg
    Rumor is there will be a batmobile chase filmed in the summer
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Great drawing, @Master_Dahark. I will be disappointed if Dalton is not in it. Another casting rumour is Dwayne Johnson may be in it. He has had talks with the producers.
    Rumor is the Villains and Title will be announced next week also rumored it will be Doomsday and Luthor
    Risico007 wrote:
    Rumor is the Villains and Title will be announced next week also rumored it will be Doomsday and Luthor

I was hoping they'd save Doomsday as a Justice League movie villain.