Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Comments

Why no images of wonder woman?

I'm betting she's a cameo near the end. Maybe not post-credits, but definitely a near-the-end "My name is Diana, princess of (amazon island who's name I can't spell correctly), and I require your help" sort of thing.

I'd say you're wrong there. If they have made a Wonder Woman costume and plan to tease it big-time, she will have a much bigger part in this film besides just a cameo. Expect her to get her hands dirty alongside Superman and Batman.

They probably made the costume so that it's recognizably Wonder Woman when she appears, as opposed to, say, showing up in jeans and a sweater and saying "I'm Wonder Woman". Nick Fury was a last-second cameo in Iron Man, they still gave him a costume (granted, it was a trench coat and an eye patch, but he was very recognizably Nick Fury).
    I still think she'll have a lot more than a cameo.

P.S. It's kind of idiotic to apologize for spoiling something when you're on a forum that has spoiler tags. It seems like common sense to use them in these instances.

If she is gonna have more than a cameo then she'd be in the title wouldnt she?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Why no images of wonder woman?

I'm betting she's a cameo near the end. Maybe not post-credits, but definitely a near-the-end "My name is Diana, princess of (amazon island who's name I can't spell correctly), and I require your help" sort of thing.

I'd say you're wrong there. If they have made a Wonder Woman costume and plan to tease it big-time, she will have a much bigger part in this film besides just a cameo. Expect her to get her hands dirty alongside Superman and Batman.

They probably made the costume so that it's recognizably Wonder Woman when she appears, as opposed to, say, showing up in jeans and a sweater and saying "I'm Wonder Woman". Nick Fury was a last-second cameo in Iron Man, they still gave him a costume (granted, it was a trench coat and an eye patch, but he was very recognizably Nick Fury).
    I still think she'll have a lot more than a cameo.

P.S. It's kind of idiotic to apologize for spoiling something when you're on a forum that has spoiler tags. It seems like common sense to use them in these instances.

If she is gonna have more than a cameo then she'd be in the title wouldnt she?

Of course she's not going to be in the title. This film is going to be about either a face-off or team up between Batman and Superman primarily, as is the case in The Dark Knight Returns, the apparent guiding source material for a lot of this film. Just because I think Wonder Woman will have a meatier part in the film beyond a cameo doesn't automatically mean that she will get featured in the title. Batman and Superman will be the main focus, while she takes a backseat and may pop along and fight with them at some point. She'll have a role of substance and importance, but not enough to include her in the title. Just like they won't include Cyborg or Lex in the title either; they aren't the stars here. If they wanted to encompass Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman, they could just call the film The Trinity, but as I said, she is the lesser of the three in regards to screen-time and storyline importance and that title sucks big time.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

I'm simply apologizing because I couldn't get my point across and use a spoiler tag at the same time. That's all. The movie's been out for a while, anybody who cared to see it should probably have either seen it or gotten it spoiled for them from somebody else.

I'm simply apologizing because I couldn't get my point across and use a spoiler tag at the same time. That's all. The movie's been out for a while, anybody who cared to see it should probably have either seen it or gotten it spoiled for them from somebody else.

There are plenty of people who will wait to watch the film at home on DVD rather than shelling out for the cinema. Quite an arrogant presumption to make that they'd have "gotten it spoiled for them" anyway.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

There are plenty of people who will wait to watch the film at home on DVD rather than shelling out for the cinema. Quite an arrogant presumption to make that they'd have "gotten it spoiled for them" anyway.

I'm an arrogant person. On a slightly less arrogant note, I don't talk to that many people, certainly no one who actually goes to see the movies that I go to see, and yet they're spoiled for me a thousand times a day, 99.8% of the time on accident (I see a headline on a website as I'm browsing, someone on a forum doesn't use a spoiler tag or mentions it in a completely unrelated thread, as happened for me with M's death in Skyfall). Plus there's Twitter and Facebook, where some people live their entire lives, and things can be spoiled there often. It's not an unrealistic idea that something important is spoiled for someone, arrogant or not.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Precisely. And a college student like myself who lives nowhere near a theatre doesn't have the time to see every little film he pleases, as much as I'd enjoy that. In this tech-crazed world of ours nothing is sacred.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    M's death in Skyfall

SPOILER DUDE!!!

:))
    chrisisall wrote:
    M's death in Skyfall

SPOILER DUDE!!!

:))

I know, right?
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 4,813
    Pretty far away, but here's Gal Gadot on the set of Batman vs Superman

Bnw3pBBIcAA-Zql.png

Filming in Michigan apparently
    Shopping, too, based on that outfit.
    The guy who snapped it said they were filming her exiting a building and entering a car, over and over again, lol. I know what that's like!
    Was it LexCorp? Wayne Enterprises? Victoria's Secret? ;)
    What do you all think the musical theme for Batman will be like in this film? Since Zimmer scored Man of Steel he'll likely also compose this film as well, and I'm curious to see how his score for MoS2 will compare and contrast with his Batman main theme from the Nolan films. Hell, I'd love it if he just re-used the main theme from the Nolan films, it's so great.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    With Zimmer probably themeless and Bland as usual. I miss the days of Iconic themes.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The guy who snapped it said they were filming her exiting a building and entering a car, over and over again, lol. I know what that's like!
    Was it LexCorp? Wayne Enterprises? Victoria's Secret? ;)

I'm hoping Victoria's Secret, and the final film is her trying on sexy outfits for two hours. I'd rent out the entire theater just for that! ;-)
    Murdock wrote:
    With Zimmer probably themeless and Bland as usual. I miss the days of Iconic themes.

I love Zimmer and his scores, and I wouldn't describe his compositions as themeless at all. His MoS work was criticized before it even began because he would always get second chair next to the master, John Williams.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited May 2014 Posts: 16,333
    To be fair, the only Zimmer score, I really like is for Black Rain. Which is 80's music as it's best. But since Batman Begins, his scores all sound the same. Just electronic looped beats and the occasionally BWAAAAAAAAAAA. But in the end, that's just sounds. Superhero movies, need an iconic theme, like John William's superman theme or Elfman's Batman theme. Zimmer will never be as good as the three J's John Barry, John Williams and Jerry Goldsmith.
    Here's a closer look at Gal Gadot during the same filming:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/yonny616/news/?a=100299
    Gadot is the only casting choice I'm unsure about. I've never seen her in action and my heart calls for Jaimie Alexander to be Wonder Woman. Every time I see Jaimie I can't help but think of Diana. Unfortunately she's already involved with Marvel and Sif in the Thor films is the same kind of strong female warrior-type Diana falls under, so she'd just be playing a similar role. Ah well; I can dream.
    edited May 2014 Posts: 40,528
    Gadot is pretty good in 'Fast Five' and 'Fast & Furious 6.' She doesn't really show off a lot of action chops, but when she does, she kicks ass, and I think she's a good actress.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Gadot is pretty good in 'Fast Five' and 'Fast & Furious 6.' She doesn't really show off a lot of action chops, but when she does, she kicks ass, and I think she's a good actress.

So she does a lot of physical stunts then?
    Creasy47 wrote:

She doesn't so much in 'Fast Five,' but she does a good bit of stunts in the sixth one, such as dangling from cars and fighting atop them while they're driving at very fast speeds. Now that she's been working out and putting on some muscle, I can only assume that she'll be ready to be even more physical, but I worry that the film will rely on CGI wayyy too much and we won't really see her get to pull off anything realistically.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

She doesn't so much in 'Fast Five,' but she does a good bit of stunts in the sixth one, such as dangling from cars and fighting atop them while they're driving at very fast speeds. Now that she's been working out and putting on some muscle, I can only assume that she'll be ready to be even more physical, but I worry that the film will rely on CGI wayyy too much and we won't really see her get to pull off anything realistically.

Yeah, I'm with you there. Still, I'm glad they casted actors that can handle the physical aspects of the role well, which is important. For example, one of my favorite things about the Craig Bond films is that it's actually Dan in crazy scenes like the train fight in Skyfall, which adds more believability and power to the film when you realize the actor is doing their own stunts. It's part of why I respect the man so much.
    That's what keeps me in the moment and the scene, knowing that the actors at hand really are doing their own stunts. Sadly, when it comes to a good villainous fight, it looks like we won't get one because I don't see Eisenberg bulking up in the slightest for his role, and even if he does, I won't feel any presence of a threatening demeanor from him.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    That's what keeps me in the moment and the scene, knowing that the actors at hand really are doing their own stunts. Sadly, when it comes to a good villainous fight, it looks like we won't get one because I don't see Eisenberg bulking up in the slightest for his role, and even if he does, I won't feel any presence of a threatening demeanor from him.
    That's why I think he's perfect. Lex is someone who thinks he's so super-intelligent and amazing that he'll wage a campaign against Superman and believe he can actually defeat him. His hubris is unending, and it's because of that over-confidence that I think Eisenberg will do the role great justice. I think he can play that smug know-it-all type very well, and I relish a scene where he tries to size up Superman to which the caped wonder just grins, knowing fully well he could snap this guy like a twig with a flick of his finger. That or Lex can have some alone time in a darkly lit room with Batman. That should set him right.

Speaking of Batman, I can't wait to see a fight scene with Ben taking down thugs in that suit. It's going to be legendary.
    I'm totally looking forward to the film, except for having Eisenberg in it. I just can't stand him. I can't think of a single film of his that I love or particularly enjoy except for 'The Social Network,' and I only enjoy that for everyone else, especially Fincher. I just think he plays the exact same character in every movie, and his presence grows irritating the more I see him in. But, who knows, maybe he will wow and impress me with 'Batman Vs. Superman.' Like you said, he's good at playing the weak-yet-arrogant know-it-all type, so maybe he'll be suited just well for the role of Lex.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I'm totally looking forward to the film, except for having Eisenberg in it. I just can't stand him. I can't think of a single film of his that I love or particularly enjoy except for 'The Social Network,' and I only enjoy that for everyone else, especially Fincher. I just think he plays the exact same character in every movie, and his presence grows irritating the more I see him in. But, who knows, maybe he will wow and impress me with 'Batman Vs. Superman.' Like you said, he's good at playing the weak-yet-arrogant know-it-all type, so maybe he'll be suited just well for the role of Lex.

I think his take on Lex will annoy you, but for all the right reasons. He's just an arrogant character who you like to hate and are meant to root against, something I feel Eisenberg brings to life well.
    I'm fine with the character annoying me - if that's what they're meant to do and they succeed, then I'm happy - but it's just Eisenberg that annoys me in general. Hey, maybe this will be the perfect role for him, then. Maybe I'll love it because I'll hate his character so much. It'll work so well.
    I'll definitely be interested to see the different dynamics Lex will have with both Bruce and Clark. I feel like they'll contrast Lex as a brilliant young visionary who got rich early to Bruce who is a veteran in the game at this point, and is closer to retirement than his younger days. Lex seems to value his wealth and sees it as something that makes him even more superior to everyone else, whereas Bruce has a "money can't buy happiness" feeling brought on by his parent's murders and doesn't have those feelings of dominancy that Lex does.

I don't know how they'll play Lex and Superman off each other. Lex will probably be rallying against Superman because he's an alien nobody really knows well enough and who can't be fully trusted, someone that could harm Metropolis and the world just as much as he could help it. It should be interesting for sure. I just look forward to seeing Lex brought down a few pegs.
    I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how they pull all of it off, and I'm anticipating seeing Affleck as Batman, though I suppose we won't have to wait until 2016 for that. It's nice to have at least one huge movie to look forward to that year when there's going to be so many great films coming in 2015.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Here's a closer look at Gal Gadot during the same filming:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/yonny616/news/?a=100299

Hard to tell with that photo, though was hoping they would put a bit of muscle tone on her maybe they have. Undoubtedly she is gorgeous think she is beautiful enough to play wonder woman. Only seen her in one of fast and furious movies not sure if it was five. Safe getting dragged on Motorway one? Though she stood out when she was on screen, stunning.