Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Comments

• QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Here's a closer look at Gal Gadot during the same filming:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/yonny616/news/?a=100299

IMO, that photo just confirms that Wonder Woman was miscast. Gadot is pretty but she is waaaaaaay too small for the role.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @QsAssistant, she's beautiful, but I thought she was bulking up for the role months ago? She looks way too skinny.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @QsAssistant, she's beautiful, but I thought she was bulking up for the role months ago? She looks way too skinny.

I wish they cast someone else with a little more meat on their bones. You know, like Jaimie Alexander.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I take it that's your dream woman to play WW? ;-)

I can see it, though. She's beautiful, she isn't toothpick-skinny like Gadot is, she could pull it off.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I take it that's your dream woman to play WW? ;-)

I can see it, though. She's beautiful, she isn't toothpick-skinny like Gadot is, she could pull it off.

Yes, she'd be my pick. When I see pictures like the one below, she just screams Diana/Wonder Woman to me:

jaimie-alexander-the-world-premiere-of-the_20062255.jpg

She looks like how Diana would dress while on her native island of Themyscira.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 4,813
    She's hot- but so is the one they actually picked

WWGadot.jpg
    @Master_Dahark, she is definitely hot, it's just the fact that she is incredibly skinny. It doesn't look like she packed on any more weight or muscle for the role.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    It doesn't look like she packed on any more weight or muscle for the role.
    "WHERE IZ BATMAN? WHERE IZ SOOPERMAN? I CRUSH THEM BETWEEN MEIN HEAVING BREASTESISTS."

female_muscle-11.jpg

;)
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    What...

The...

FUCK?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    What...

The...

FUCK?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

That is @Master_Dahark's dream woman.
    lol No thanks! Gal's my.... well, gal. :D

I've been wondering about her though- isn't it possible that they're filming her 'civilian' scenes now- and are saving all the Wonder Woman stuff for later when she's had more time to bulk up a bit? These actors usually are hitting the weights hard during filming. I remember reading about how Christopher Reeve famously bulked up so much that the traveling matte shots taken of him at the beginning of the shoot did not match the later shots and had to be re-taken.

Christopher_Reeve_Working_Out_Superman_The_Movie.jpg

Not hard to believe either-- here he is auditioning. He was a toothpick too!

CW-STM-Reeve-screentest-01.jpg
    Well the film wouldn't make much sense if they had her super skinny in her pure Diana scenes, and then bulked up in her WW scenes. They do work gym time around the film, though, because they wanted to do the scenes where Henry Cavill was shirtless first in MoS, because that's when he was at his absolute biggest. But, I suppose it always is a possibility, and they could have her look bulkier when they do her WW scenes later on. I guess we will see.
    Sure I'm talking about the difference between Bruce Banner and the Hulk, lol. I just mean, maybe they're saving the Wonder Woman stuff for later
    They could be, all I'm saying is I hope we don't go from bulky WW to super skinny Diana, back to bulky WW and then returning to super skinny Diana once more.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    They could be, all I'm saying is I hope we don't go from bulky WW to super skinny Diana, back to bulky WW and then returning to super skinny Diana once more.

The thing is that Diana doesn't have super strength she can just turn off and on, she's just a super tough amazonian. She is the same "bulkiness" whether in her warrior uniform or civilian garb.

As for Gadot, she's okay looks wise, but she doesn't scream Wonder Woman when I look at her like Alexander does. She'll definitely take some getting used to for me.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I'm not talking about an ability, I'm talking about hoping that it doesn't look like that in the film due to her shooting Diana scenes first and WW scenes later, when she is bulked up.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I'm not talking about an ability, I'm talking about hoping that it doesn't look like that in the film due to her shooting Diana scenes first and WW scenes later, when she is bulked up.
    Ah, I see.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Jamie Alexander would be good but my number one choice for Wonder Woman is...

Gina Carano
    936full-gina-carano.jpg
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Just going by her looks, she'd make a great Wonder Woman.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 12,837
    Who cares how skinny she is, isn't the whole point that she has superpowers anyway? She doesn't need to look strong if she has superpowers.
    Who cares how skinny she is, isn't the whole point that she has superpowers anyway? She doesn't need to look strong if she has superpowers.

For me, it's more along the lines of her looks being in character. Wonder Woman, in most of the comics that I've read, has been portrayed as having some muscles on her.
    Interesting. Remember months ago when Kevin Smith said he saw a picture of Ben in the Batman costume? Well now that it's been revealed, Kevin Smith now says it's not the costume he saw!
    Cool interview here- it hints that there may be more than one suit and Batmobile!

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/05/20/batman-vs-superman-kevin-smith-hints-at-multiple-batsuits-and-batmobiles-describes-batsuit-color/

Also, it's all but confirmed now that the suit will be black and gray! :D
    I thought the fact that the suit will be black and gray was confirmed as soon as they released the first shot of Affleck in the suit. I figured that wasn't what Kevin saw, so I'm really interested to see what it was he did see!
    He describes it in the article- it was a different suit, on a rooftop set- and he didn't even recognize his friend Ben Affleck at first!
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 6,432
    Remember listening to the interview, Smith said it was a suit we had not seen or something to that effect. Either way he was not wrong, with Batflecks height Batman is going to be an imposing figure and will unusually tower over Superman compared with past incarnations.
    Interesting... I hope there's a suit like in the Dark Knight Return's final issue that Batman fights Superman in.
    Dark-KNight.jpg

The photo Kevin saw had Batman AND Superman standing together on a rooftop. Now that's epic.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 6,432
    Interesting... I hope there's a suit like in the Dark Knight Return's final issue that Batman fights Superman in.
    Dark-KNight.jpg

The photo Kevin saw had Batman AND Superman standing together on a rooftop. Now that's epic.

Agree since i was a kid that's the Ultimate, Batman and Superman are the big two without a doubt. If the new movie taps into the differences in there characters and plays on it, they will hit gold.

Dark Knight returns is awesome, would not surprise me if they incorporated that into the movie, would be disappointed if they did not. Got to be a must
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 12,837
    Wasn't sure where to put this- anyone else think Batman Begins should have been called something else? Its title sticks out when you put it next to the other two, when they made it they were still doing the Batman *something* title idea they did with the old movies and then they decided to call the sequel TDK and now it's "The Dark Knight Trilogy". If I was naming the films I'd call them

Film 1- The Dark Knight Begins
    Film 2- The Dark Knight Falls
    Film 3- The Dark Knight Rises

Or since Batman Begins was first and they didn't have the hindsight back then that I have now, maybe it's fairer to say the sequels should have been called something else. How about

Film 1- Batman Begins
    Film 2- Batman something (Batman Falls sounds a bit lame)
    Film 3- Batman Rises

That way the titles fit together nicely.
    @thelivingroyale, technically, I like all the titles of the Nolan trilogy, but it really does bother me that 'Batman Begins' sticks out like it does. I'm not sure how I would exchange it, but I'd probably take something else over it just for a bit of title continuity.
    edited May 2014 Posts: 40,490
    The official title has been revealed:

'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice'

Thoughts? http://bit.ly/1jsUvEO