Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Comments

• edited June 2014 Posts: 1,778
    Why couldn't the movie just be called Batman vs. Superman. It doesn't need a subtitle. Much less such a cheesy one. And I don't like the "v" instead of "vs". It makes it should like Batman is taking Superman to court.
    So the only meaning that can be ascertained is that it’s the beginning of the Justice League, featuring all sorts of awesome superheroes and Aquaman.

I have nothing but praise for this sentence.

aquaman-problems-meme.jpg

aquaman-able-to-fly-underwater.jpg

aquaman-to-the-rescue_o_954224.jpg

While I admit Aquaman is pretty much a joke, it's not like Batman is most useful Justice League team member. Superman is punching comets out of the sky, The Flash is moving faster than sound, and Batman is throwing bat-shaped pieces of metal at people.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @DoubleOhhSeven, I couldn't possibly agree more with your opinions on the title.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    What will the ruling on Batman V Superman be?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    While I admit Aquaman is pretty much a joke, it's not like Batman is most useful Justice League team member. Superman is punching comets out of the sky, The Flash is moving faster than sound, and Batman is throwing bat-shaped pieces of metal at people.

One of the things I love most about Batman is that he is a mortal man amongst gods, yet can stand up to them and at times, take them down. Batman is the one that always manages to do the right thing, even if it is a dangerous choice nobody else agrees with. Add to the fact that he has contingency plans set against all of the team (including himself) to help people defeat them if they ever turned evil. He's always prepared for everything and fifteen steps ahead of them all, willing to do anything to save the day, even if that means disabling gods like Superman. I'd say he does way more than toss batarangs...
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    If you ever need a reason to prefer Batman over any other DC hero, watch the Justice League Unlimited episode entitled "Epilogue".
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    If you ever need a reason to prefer Batman over any other DC hero, watch the Justice League Unlimited episode entitled "Epilogue".

Or any JLAU episode, for that matter. Epilogue is a story masterclass though, and a very satisfying closure to the Timm animated universe.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited June 2014 Posts: 13,896
    Thanks for the pics, Creasy. I'm fascinated by vehicle livery- especially when it comes to it being used for fictitious companies, locations etc. :)>-
    You're welcome, @QBranch, glad I could help! There's been some more set photos released lately, but I didn't think anyone would be interested in those. I'll continue to post what I find, though. :)
    edited June 2014 Posts: 40,459
    Following this film, here is the DC lineup for solo projects, including a direct sequel to 'Man of Steel' in 2018 (which, I feel, should've come before this film):

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=119496

Also, here's a better look at the LexCorp building and logo from 'Batman v Superman':

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=101770
    DC's being pretty f*cking ambitious, setting schedules and dates for so many unproven characters. Marvel waited until Phase 2 to get that much ambition.
    DC's being pretty f*cking ambitious, setting schedules and dates for so many unproven characters. Marvel waited until Phase 2 to get that much ambition.

Very ambitious, indeed. But, unproven characters have been proven worthy and popular before, so we will see in a few years.
    Posted on the TV show thread about watching the Toy Hunter, and the guy found a Halls of Justice playset! Was pretty cool to be honest, makes me think if it may feature towards the end of "Dawn of Justice?"
    I just want a solo Batman film with Ben Affleck
    There is no way this news is true at all:

http://www.theverge.com/2014/6/12/5805310/dc-movie-universe-for-comic-con

It would be stupid to think DC could release seven separate films in just two years, many of them tying to the JLA. Marvel only release 5 or 6 films in one entire phase, so having this many DC films coming out in just two short years would be beyond stupid. It's over-saturation of the DC brand and its heroes, a move I can't see them going with. I say it's all just dim-witted speculation.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, that's what I linked a few posts up. Seven films in two years is a lot.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, that's what I linked a few posts up. Seven films in two years is a lot.
    Yeah, seven doesn't even sound plausible. I don't even know how that'd be possible to do prep work for the movies, cast them, find directors, film them and do all the post-production in just two years. Even doing that for just two or three films is laborious and difficult.
    Well I suppose if they have different people working on different films, it could technically happen. It won't be the same group of people, however, that would mean that from now until 2018 (when it would be released), Zack Snyder will be doing 'Batman v Superman,' the Justice League film, and the direct-sequel to 'Man Of Steel.' That would knock out two of the aforementioned seven films, so that leaves five films requiring other directors (and I can only assume some of them might already have work started, as casting has begun on a few, I believe.)
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 6,432
    Before Batman is reimagined in Batman V Superman, this article is a interesting read.

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/the-dark-knight-rises/30875/the-plot-holes-and-symbolism-of-the-dark-knight-rises

May 2016: Batman V Superman: Dawn Of
    Justice
    July 2016: Shazam
    Christmas 2016: Sandman
    May 2017: Justice League
    July 2017: Wonder Woman
    Christmas 2017: Green Lantern and Flash
    team-up movie
    May 2018: Man Of Steel 2

Regarding the proposed DCU movies, agree its over saturation. Can't help thinking DCU have come too late to the parade or alternatively should be playing more of a long game as surely the interest in Marvel will dip. Though admittedly if DCU did play more of a long game, its a gamble as interest in superhero movies will dip at some point. DCU movie schedule smacks of desperation.
    May 2016: Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice
    July 2016: Shazam Yeah, this'll be good...
    Christmas 2016: Sandman I don't know, maybe.
    May 2017: Justice League Little set-up outside of Batman V Superman, and it'll never top The Avengers (considering there will be two Avengers movies before this comes out), but if Afleck plays a great Batman, it might just work.
    July 2017: Wonder Woman I see a female-dominated Game of Thrones coming with this one.
    Christmas 2017: Green Lantern and Flash team-up movie Would have rather seen Green Lantern/Green Arrow, but, hey. I would rather have the John Stewart Lantern, however, played by Wesley Snipes.
    May 2018: Man Of Steel 2 Give me more badass Jor-El from the first one, and I'll accept.

My thoughts on each film after Batman V Superman.
    I'm having a hard time thinking about why DC would put a proper Man of Steel sequel at the very end of the pack, when that film should have been made before all these others. It just doesn't make sense to introduce us to Superman in MoS and then wait years and years later in 2018 to follow that up with a continuation of the story. I thought Batman V Superman was MoS2 anyway. How bloody confusing...
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, exactly. Well, I do believe 'Batman V Superman' IS technically 'Man of Steel 2,' but by a direct sequel, he just means Superman and no other superheroes.
    It just doesn't make sense to introduce us to Superman in MoS and then wait years and years later in 2018 to follow that up with a continuation of the story.

They're following the same pattern Marvel did with the Hulk. Introduce us to him in a solo film, put him in team-up films, then give him another solo film. At least a second Man of Steel is (practically) confirmed, however, as opposed to a second Incredible Hulk.
    My guess is the villain for Justice League will be Darkseid, and villain for Man of Steel 2 Doomsday. If they went that route then to have Man of Steel 2 last would make sense.
    Give him a solo film, two team-ups, and then kill him in the second solo film? I hope not.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 4,813
    I agree on them not using Doomsday for part 2 already.
    BUT- I'd really like to see The Death of Superman on the big screen.

It's such a big part of his mythology, but have you read it lately? It's horribly dated. Lois looks like she's wearing football shoulder pads under her suit jacket, the JLA roster at the time was an absolute joke, and don't get me started on the T1000 Supergirl and the dreaded Australian Ginger Lex Luthor- complete with Abe Lincoln beard!!

1668745-doomsday_vs_supergirl.jpgLex-Luthor-II.jpg

It's an iconic story in desperate need of an upgrade
    http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/139093/3155208-aquaman_is_useless_they_said-120932.jpg

Those who hat aquaman look at this pic long and hard and then talk to me about aqua man being useless to quote the injustice comercial

"Yeah aquaman got mad sharks yo"
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/14/report-jason-momoa-will-play-aquaman-in-batman-v-superman-and-justice-league

Well, this useful sonuvab*tch is getting a damn good actor to play him. Maybe he can actually turn Aquaman into something I'd want to see in a solo movie. I doubt it, though. That guy who played Green Arrow on Smallville couldn't do it, so I don't think Jason Momoa will, either.

Seriously, though, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, I think there were reports that Cyborg would be in it as well, why do we have both a Batman V Superman and a Justice League movie?
    edited June 2014 Posts: 28,694
    I just heard this morning. This is getting way too jam-packed for my tastes, so hopefully Aquaman and Cyborg will have minor roles.

However, I do see a lot of Aquaman in Momoa, I'm just not familiar with his acting ability. I hope they go with a bearded and long haired Aquaman for this film, which Momoa could pull off very well.
    Seriously, though, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, I think there were reports that Cyborg would be in it as well, why do we have both a Batman V Superman and a Justice League movie?
    Why not? Probably B v S is going to be JL Begins, while Justice League will be the second JL film and get another complicated title line.
    I just heard this morning. This is getting way too jam-packed for my tastes, so hopefully Aquaman and Cyborg will have minor roles.

However, I do see a lot of Aquaman in Momoa, I'm just not familiar with his acting ability. I hope they go with a bearded and long haired Aquaman for this film, which Momoa could pull off very well.
    From what I remember from that Stallone film he was in, Momoa is just fine for certain roles, he can look smart and badass.